Page 884 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 384784834874880881882883884885886887888894934984 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    No they couldn't. Because they got a lot of stuff riding on this film. This is a tentpole movie for phase 4. It ain't like Black Widow where they could literslly drop that any time because it isnt affecting anything. They have a lot riding on this movie and thats without even getting into leaks. We already know there's a 2 tv shows riding on it, potentially a whole new villain/hero, possibly even more. Like if Chris Evans died before Winter Soldier. You can't just not release it, throws the whole thing out of wack

As for this decision, I saw it coming. Marvek is making a very distinct and clear statement here that the MCU version of these characters are tied inherently to their actors, at least the big ones. Not counting Stature. So that means if Ben Cumberbatch dies DS is done. If Brie dies Carol is done. So on. Not sure I agree with it but it is what it is.
    Marvel could have pushed the film back. They already pushed Black Widow, Eternals and Shang. They even delayed this BP movie so it's not impossible.

Astonishing Member

No they couldn't. Because they got a lot of stuff riding on this film. This is a tentpole movie for phase 4. It ain't like Black Widow where they could literslly drop that any time because it isnt affecting anything. They have a lot riding on this movie and thats without even getting into leaks. We already know there's a 2 tv shows riding on it, potentially a whole new villain/hero, possibly even more. Like if Chris Evans died before Winter Soldier. You can't just not release it, throws the whole thing out of wack

As for this decision, I saw it coming. Marvek is making a very distinct and clear statement here that the MCU version of these characters are tied inherently to their actors, at least the big ones. Not counting Stature. So that means if Ben Cumberbatch dies DS is done. If Brie dies Carol is done. So on. Not sure I agree with it but it is what it is.

Yea I agree. I mean people can say what they want, but if Chris Evans would have died after Civil War I honestly don't see them recasting him. I just don't. Everyone can argue all day long but they would not have recast him for Infinity War.

Nobody said “not release it” , we said they should’ve delayed it. That’s exactly what Fast and Furious did when Paul Walker died. They took a year long hiatus and the film ultimately released in 2015, two years after Paul Walker passed and they even found a way to tastefully write out Brian for that matter. The fact that this movie got delayed till November proves Marvel could’ve done this the whole time but chose not to. And it could get delayed further if Letitia Wright doesn’t get her act together.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Marvel could have pushed the film back. They already pushed Black Widow, Eternals and Shang. They even delayed this BP movie so it's not impossible.

I don't know if just pushing it back changes anything. Maybe. I dont think its as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

All 3 of those films are affecting nothing though. Widow was a flashback/prequel. Shang chi was a solo movie and half of it takes place in another dimension. Eternals was so unconnected you could almost forget it was an MCU flick.

They can follow up on Shang Chi or Eternals soon or not at all, it wouldn't affect anything. But that is not the case with this movie, this films events are clearly going to be a major role in the MCU going forward. Again think Winter Soldier, not Ant Man 1

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Nobody said “not release it” , we said they should’ve delayed it. That’s exactly what Fast and Furious did when Paul Walker died. They took a year long hiatus and the film ultimately released in 2015, two years after Paul Walker passed and they even found a way to tastefully write out Brian for that matter. The fact that this movie got delayed till November proves Marvel could’ve done this the whole time but chose not to. And it could get delayed further if Letitia Wright doesn’t get her act together.
    I don't think you can just compare Paul Walkers character in those movies to the Black Panther. Sorry.

Astonishing Member

I think many of you are trying to rationalize things with various characters. Some characters can be recast right away. Others it just doesnt work. There would have been backlash the other way as well.

Example do you guys really think they would have just recast Daisy Ridley as Rey after the first new Star Wars film if she had died? Really? No freaking way.

Don't forget Marvel didn't delay it after Chadwick's death. They kept the original production and release date before they pushed it back along with a bunch of other movies for some other reason. They should've postponed immediately after his death but they didn't.

Again not really the same thing when these other projects spinning off this movie need to come out on time too. FF franchise doesn't have any off shoots besides that hobbs and shaw thing.

There was always a time limit financially and logistically. This movie has to release next year basically I guarantee you.

Aldo the fact they haven't dropped Letitia only lends more credence to this. They are holding on to their big actors instead of just replacing them.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I think many of you are trying to rationalize things with various characters. Some characters can be recast right away. Others it just doesnt work. There would have been backlash the other way as well.

Example do you guys really think they would have just recast Daisy Ridley as Rey after the first new Star Wars film if she had died? Really? No freaking way.
    What about Spartacus? The first actor was pretty iconic in that franchise and they still did a recast.

Rey is also an original character which would make a recast a lot more difficult.

We've had issues where a new actor being recast in a role caused a huge backlash i.e. Daniel Craig and Heath Ledger and yet, they both turned out great. At least you can give the new actor a chance first before dismissing him.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 11-16-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    What about Spartacus? The first actor was pretty iconic in that franchise and they still did a recast

Rey is also an original character which would make a recast a lot more difficult.
    Maybe. But to me every characters is different. Its not the same across the board. But thats just my opinion.

Again not really the same thing when these other projects spinning off this movie need to come out on time too. FF franchise doesn't have any off shoots besides that hobbs and shaw thing.
    Wait, where those projects the plan all along, or as a sort of response to CB's passing? I remember at the time before his death the only hubub was his sequel was going to be used to introduce Atlantis/Lemuria and Namor, and how it didn't make sense to introduce another nation/culture/people instead of continue with the momentum of learning MORE about Wakanda. I remember people saying there should be a series, not that there WAS going to be a series until after his passing, let alone more projects.

Aldo the fact they haven't dropped Letitia only lends more credence to this. They are holding on to their big actors instead of just replacing them.
    About that...how many movies are they contracted to exactly? Cause for all we know they may have fulfilled their contract with BP2/BP:WF and may not want to re-sign anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Wait, where those projects the plan all along, or as a sort of response to CB's passing? I remember at the time before his death the only hubub was his sequel was going to be used to introduce Atlantis/Lemuria and Namor, and how it didn't make sense to introduce another nation/culture/people instead of continue with the momentum of learning MORE about Wakanda. I remember people saying there should be a series, not that there WAS going to be a series until after his passing, let alone more projects.

About that...how many movies are they contracted to exactly? Cause for all we know they may have fulfilled their contract with BP2/BP:WF and may not want to re-sign anyway.
    Pre death, a lot of us wanted a more grounded sequel that deals with the consequences of T’Challa opening up Wakanda. Preferably taking elements from Enemy of the State and with Achebe as the main villain. Personally I thought Namor is something that should be held off till a third movie. And then cancer happened….
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Ironheart was announced in December of 2020 the same night they announced they weren't recasting . She was revealed to be a part of bp2 later but that was almost certainly always the case.

Wakanda tv show got announced in Feb 21 but given industry trends from concept to announcements its extremely unlikely that was something that didn't exist pre Chad death. Could be but not likely. Theres was buzz about a tv show almost as soon as the solo film dropprd

Based on fieges comments mcu isn't even doing multi picture deals anymore

Pre death, a lot of us wanted a more grounded sequel that deals with the consequences of T’Challa opening up Wakanda. Preferably taking elements from Enemy of the State and with Achebe as the main villain.
    Yep, I remember those convos, and I believe I was a part of them. Achebe for part 2, someone else for part 3 (not necessarily a resurrected Killmonger, though).

It was just a strong rumor at the time, complete with the mockup of the title "Black Panther: Two Kings" the second king referring to Namor. That...seems to be true, as the only thing IMO that has changed is they've split whatever T'challa was doing between Shuri and whoever this new character is. But at the time we were saying there SHOULD be a show to show more of Wakanda since its about to get lost in the shuffle introducing Namor/Atlantis. Post-death its a reality but I've never heard it said it was the plan "all along".

Personally I thought Namor is something that should be held off till a third movie. And then cancer happened….
    My problem was I always felt T'challa was only going to shine for 3 solo movies anyway before they got rid of him. I always felt that and these constant reminders about "no recast" and then doubling down with NEVER recast is hitting me a bit different because of that. CB's death only moved up T'challa's time in the MCU from 3 solo movies to 1.