Page 10 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110510 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I've become entirely cynical, so I just imagine the stupidest thing Marvel editorial could do, and assume they'll do something worse.

It's a beautiful scene. Wakanda is one of the few fictional places I would gladly move to if I could.
    I'm just ready for then to move on already. No need to have the title sit for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Lolol well done. Im very curious as to what they are planning. I dont have any optomism.
    Coates is probably rewriting it again. We have a big event involving symbiotes and Coates has an unrelated big story with a symbiote as the major villain. He's likely trying to sync it all up.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

*sigh*
    Holy hell, how long do we have to wait, why can't Marvel release the final issues as a giant size and be done with it.

I suppose there have been longer delays (I'm looking at you Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D.), but damn

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Huh that's an interesting question. Like with many 2099 settings, I'd like to see a dystopian vision of Wakanda, where T'Challa's vision for an open kingdom fails and a war broke out between them and rest of the world. Wakanda is the winner but at great cost and as the world rises from the ashes, the kingdom has substantially evolved to reflect a twisted version of everything T'Challa believes.

The vibranium processing plants that once powered their economy can no longer be safely operated, resulting in production that pollutes the environment with all kinds of mutagens, making the Savage Land look like Disneyland. Similar to Doom 2099, the Wakandans are a warlike, mercenary people who's primary source of income lie in selling their services to the fledgling nations of Earth. Tricked out with vibranium cybernetics and HSH-based serums, Wakandans are universally feared as the greatest assassins, spies, and raiders.

They've become so driven by foreign war and profit that they've commodified their own culture and dismissed their gods. Challenge Day is a corporate event televised to foreign spectators where BP candidates must defeat a weakened and broken Panther God. The Wakandans are controlled by a council of commanders who can only be succeeded via assassination. They "worship" the Kimoyo network, a shared cyberspace and digital heaven every child is given access to at age 10. The current Black Panther would be a son of T'Challa and Monica Lynne.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That a cool concept, I personally don't like It to seem as though Wakanda is on the brink of savagery and staved off only by the royal family, but I COULD get behind a twist that on challenge day, A Black Panther is defeated jabaris new leader and this ushers is a paradigm change. Where the jabari and white gorrila cult take over and the Golden city becomes the. Jabari lands of this new Wakanda. Leading to what you mentioned above about Wakanda changing up tactics, but it's because they follow the gorrila god instead, and then the new BP T'Challas son
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Jakkara waking up from stasis, fully recovered and cured, and now realizing he’s in the Wakanda of the future. And he’s our POV character. Regretful of his sins, he seeks out the latest Black Panther.

Some amazing ideas

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    No one asked you to leave for talking about Nakia. We have discussed the character just fine in this thread historically. We just dont have much interest in the character since this isnt an MCU thread and shes virtually non-existant otherwise. Why should we pretend to care about the character above Tchalla when thats never been the case in the 17 years ive been posting in this thread? She or anyone else not named Tchalla shoehorned into his role will obviously not have his support or following. That includes Shuri (a character withought solid definition since her 2005 creation)

If just anyone can be under the mask no matter how nonsensical or forced the reasons are then the characters stories dont matter. Its just generic MCU fun. Which is what Tchallas MCU franchise is now relegated to. A big what if story hoping to fill seats with representation starved black viewers.
    I dont see why you are offended

Also, I love Bosemans work. But Lets not pretend that his star power wasnt elevated by playing Tchalla. Not the other way around. Im sure hed be happy to see another young Black actor get that same big break by doing the same. Imagine what playing Tchalla would do for Denzels sons star power? I believe Boseman once stated that there would be no Black Panther without Denzel Washington. That would be a way to avoid killing off Bosemans legacy and replacing him with a side character destined to fail any attempt to co-opt Tchallas legacy and story. His legacy lives on in the opportunities he began with the character.

Characters (Tchalla) sell merch, get games, and cartoons

Not ideals (Wakanda).

Long term, this franchise is set back by any side character devoid of development placed into the leads role. Nakia has never sold a single comic and lupita on her own name recognition isnt bigger than the property. I'm not sure why people are running with this idea that as long as they put the Black Panther costume on *insert side character* all of black panthers aka Tchallas fans are going to translate right over and by Nakia halloween costumes and actiin figures. She existed in Black Panther 1 as Nakia. Existing in Black Panther 2 as Tchallas substitute isnt going to change her drawing power.

Ultimate Member

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/...ad-59-n1252866

“We lost a literary giant,” she said, “and a great man. Eric Jerome Dickey was one of the kindest and funniest brother literary rock stars that I knew. His smile arrived well before he walked into any room.”

The wildly popular author lived in suburban Los Angeles and had been battling cancer for the few years, family and friends said.

He underwent a bone marrow transplant in 2019 and was hospitalized for three months. He said he had lost 44 pounds, down to 147, in January 2020. “My college weight,” he joked.

A prolific author, Dickey published 29 novels that ranged across genres, including contemporary fiction, romance, erotica and suspense, selling more than 7 million copies in all. He grew up in Memphis and graduated with a degree in computer science from Memphis University, where he was a proud member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity. He lived in Atlanta for years before moving to View Park, California.

Dickey is the author of the graphic novel Storm, which re-imagines the first meeting between the popular X-Men character Ororo Munroe and T'Challa, king of the fictional land of Wakanda known as the Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

I wonder does that have something to do with the fact the last two weeks I could not pre-order any Marvel (and DC) books from my comic book store.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

Rest in power.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This just in...

Flex Hectic Fan Fiction Delayed Again!

Black Panther: "Wait... Aren't you at the type writer right now?"

Flex Hectic: "Naw man it's delayed."

Black Panther: "Yes, but you are looking at the screen right this very second."

Flex Hectic: "True dat but it's still delayed."

Black Panther: "Okay... But as you are technically responding to me in a way isn't that already a sort of fan fiction in progress right."

Flex Hectic: "I see where you are headed with this but it's still delayed."

Black Panther: "Dude... I'm struggling over here. I have a stalled ongoing comic and I'm not even going to be featured in my own sequel movie help a brotha out!"

Flex Hectic: "Look if it's delayed it's delayed."

Black Panther: "Aren't you kind of working for your self... I mean if you are your own boss can't you make yourself not delay yourself."

Flex Hectic: "Perhaps."

Black Panther: "Great... There's a Goon Slam Gary right over there. I'm going over there and picking a fight. In the mean time you can just report on the actions of the fight itself."

Flex Hectic: "Are you trying to trick me into not delaying my fan fiction?"

Black Panther: "Just tell me what you see... Hey Goon Slam Gary get over here!"

Goon Slam Gary: "Look man I'm off duty right now the fan fiction has been delayed so get away from me..."

BIFF... BOOM... POW... BANG... OOPS upside yo head with a bottle... Ka-Pow... Dooing!

Black Panther: "You like that huh... YOU LIKE THAT!!!"

Goon Slam Gary: "Dammit man this is leather... You got me bleeding all over it! I told you this fan fiction was delayed lemme go!"

Flex Hectic: "You are becoming a bully."

Black Panther: "Did you type that!"

Flex Hectic: "Even if I typed that its' still delayed."

Goon Slam Gary: "Please just type what he wants so I can go home."

Black Panther: "Look there's another Goon Slam Gary... HEY YOU come here!"

Goon Slam Gary #2: "I'm out!"

Sorry for the delay people hopefully the fan fiction will be back up and running in the year 2035

Sincerely

The Management
    Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    This just in...

Flex Hectic Fan Fiction Delayed Again!

Black Panther: "Wait... Aren't you at the type writer right now?"

Flex Hectic: "Naw man it's delayed."

Black Panther: "Yes, but you are looking at the screen right this very second."

Flex Hectic: "True dat but it's still delayed."

Black Panther: "Okay... But as you are technically responding to me in a way isn't that already a sort of fan fiction in progress right."

Flex Hectic: "I see where you are headed with this but it's still delayed."

Black Panther: "Dude... I'm struggling over here. I have a stalled ongoing comic and I'm not even going to be featured in my own sequel movie help a brotha out!"

Flex Hectic: "Look if it's delayed it's delayed."

Black Panther: "Aren't you kind of working for your self... I mean if you are your own boss can't you make yourself not delay yourself."

Flex Hectic: "Perhaps."

Black Panther: "Great... There's a Goon Slam Gary right over there. I'm going over there and picking a fight. In the mean time you can just report on the actions of the fight itself."

Flex Hectic: "Are you trying to trick me into not delaying my fan fiction?"

Black Panther: "Just tell me what you see... Hey Goon Slam Gary get over here!"

Goon Slam Gary: "Look man I'm off duty right now the fan fiction has been delayed so get away from me..."

BIFF... BOOM... POW... BANG... OOPS upside yo head with a bottle... Ka-Pow... Dooing!

Black Panther: "You like that huh... YOU LIKE THAT!!!"

Goon Slam Gary: "Dammit man this is leather... You got me bleeding all over it! I told you this fan fiction was delayed lemme go!"

Flex Hectic: "You are becoming a bully."

Black Panther: "Did you type that!"

Flex Hectic: "Even if I typed that its' still delayed."

Goon Slam Gary: "Please just type what he wants so I can go home."

Black Panther: "Look there's another Goon Slam Gary... HEY YOU come here!"

Goon Slam Gary #2: "I'm out!"

Sorry for the delay people hopefully the fan fiction will be back up and running in the year 2035

Sincerely

The Management

Goon Slam Gary for The New Black Panther replacement!!

Don't encourage me guys...

Burbank, California.

The offices of Mickey "Money" Mouse.

Mickey paced back and forth pondering the unthinkable.

Minnie sat on the edge of the desk, legs crossed sampling various perfume scents Mickey bought her while they were on vacation.

Minnie: "Do you like the first one or the second one?"

Mickey: "Huh..."

Minnie: "I like the third one... It makes me feel so fresh and so sexy."

Mickey: "What?"

Minnie: "Are you even listening to me?"

Mickey: "I'm sorry my mind is all over the place about this side deal I made with Bugs Bunny at Warner."

Minnie: "Oh okay... So that's why whatshisname is waiting out in the lobby."

Mickey: "First we switched out Letitia Wright for Amber Heard and now this... Do you mind sending him in for me."

Minnie: "Do you want me to wait for you or just go home."

Mickey: "I'm gonna need to unwind after this meeting so wait for me in the car and we'll go get dinner."

Minnie hops off the desk and sashays outside to motion the next appointment in.

Ray Fisher: "Thanks for seeing me Mister Mouse."

Mickey: "Sure Ray have a seat."

Mickey pauses for a moment and gathers himself and sighs deeply...

Ray Fisher: "Before you begin let me just say that I promise not to be any trouble and I assure you that I will play ball this time around."

Mickey: "Yeah about that... I'm sure Bugs has gone over our situation on his end so with that said we will hold a press conference to announce you as the recast Black Panther!"

To be continued...

Or delayed...

Or ignored...

Or whatever...

The Year 2021... Throw your brain in the river and just go with the flow!
    Get Hectic!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Can't even help but laugh, to be honest.

That being said, I was debating whether to read all of the Coates era Panther stuff (including that Lexus commercial comic) before the next issue and didn't have time for it. Maybe this will give me the time.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Brutal!!! but so very funny. Hit 'em hard, Flex!!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!