Page 1003 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 35039039539939991000100110021003100410051006 LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,045 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    T’Challa and Steve seem to be fighting or talking in the aftermath of a battle. Looks like he might be getting told not to return to the Avengers. But since Aaron is the one writing Avengers and we still have the One Million BC BP to address I kinda doubt it has major implications.

But between this and the Timeless tease it definitely looks like Marvel has plans for T’Challa next year. Still don’t think he’s dying yet, it’s gonna take the Ridley run broadcasting something for me to think T’Challa’s status quo is gonna change massively.
    If T'Challa does leave the Avengers, I hope he gets another team to lead.

Maybe a new Ultimates where he picks who he wants on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    oh boy I'm nervous for this

Is this leading into Steve getting shot?

this. I'm not going to watch because I don't care. Surprised some people do. Y'all got to stop entertaining toxic clickbait
    Where is this from? Digging the habit, looks like the original from the Priest era. Why can't T'Challa look like this in his own book?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m cautiously optimistic about the Ridley era so far. But as a fan I can’t help but keep my guard up due being burned for five long years on the comic side of things (thanks Coates) and soon the movie side of things because of real life circumstances (fuck cancer). Being a T’Challa fan is always exhausting in some shape or form and I’m sick of it.
    Yeah, we're all pretty much wary, weary and worn out from the past few years of BP stories. We get sprinkles of good things in other titles but for the most part T'Challa has underachieved. We're afraid to believe that we'll get a good T'Challa, especially in his own solo.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Where is this from? Digging the habit, looks like the original from the Priest era. Why can't T'Challa look like this in his own book?
    Future project by Joe Quesada.

Nice art. I'm curious about what's going on

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If T'Challa does leave the Avengers, I hope he gets another team to lead.

Maybe a new Ultimates where he picks who he wants on the team.
    If T’Challa leaves the Avengers that makes me think the tease is valid and the end goal is to eventually remove him entirely by the end of next year. Especially if Ridley’s run isn’t as long as we seem to think.

But like I said Aaron has a stranglehold on the Avengers rn and T’Challa is written as one of the key figures there, I can’t imagine they’ll kick T’Challa off the book in some secondary series. And I strongly doubt Ridley’s run ends within the next 12 issues.

If he did leave the Avengers though and Marvel did intend on keeping him around, I’d like T’Challa to lead a Secret Avengers team. It fits with where is right now in terms of his mentality and a lot of Marvel’s espionage characters could use some love like Winter Soldier. Have T’Challa set up his own team of spies, mercenaries, and super soldiers to shut down threats proactively in a way the Avengers can’t. Basically do Agents of Wakanda but with a stronger, more popular cast.

If T’Challa leaves the Avengers that makes me think the tease is valid and the end goal is to eventually remove him entirely by the end of next year. Especially if Ridley’s run isn’t as long as we seem to think.

But like I said Aaron has a stranglehold on the Avengers rn and T’Challa is written as one of the key figures there, I can’t imagine they’ll kick T’Challa off the book in some secondary series. And I strongly doubt Ridley’s run ends within the next 12 issues.

If he did leave the Avengers though and Marvel did intend on keeping him around, I’d like T’Challa to lead a Secret Avengers team. It fits with where is right now in terms of his mentality and a lot of Marvel’s espionage characters could use some love like Winter Soldier. Have T’Challa set up his own team of spies, mercenaries, and super soldiers to shut down threats proactively in a way the Avengers can’t. Basically do Agents of Wakanda but with a stronger, more popular cast.
    I don't think T'Challa leaving the Avengers is pointing towards them getting rid of him altogether. They always reshuffle the line-up at some point so tht wouldn't be a big deal.

Too bad Agents of Wakanda didn't last too long, that could have been the team book he needed. Adding WS and Yelena alone would give the book some oompf.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Uh oh, Shawn James weighs in on #RecastTChalla. Haven't seen it yet but here's the link:

Come on man, no need to taint the thread with this idiots dumb opinions

this. I'm not going to watch because I don't care. Surprised some people do. Y'all got to stop entertaining toxic clickbait
    Bruh that art...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think T'Challa leaving the Avengers is pointing towards them getting rid of him altogether. They always reshuffle the line-up at some point so tht wouldn't be a big deal.

Too bad Agents of Wakanda didn't last too long, that could have been the team book he needed. Adding WS and Yelena alone would give the book some oompf.
    I’d agree if it wasn’t blatantly stated he’s gonna sacrifice himself and Shuri will take the mantle by next year lol. Now going off the History of the Marvel Universe book that came out there’s an insanely high chance that’s gonna be some kind of AU story that has no relevance to the main titles. Marvel’s pushing time travel and the multiverse rn so a bunch of mantle swaps and such is to be expected in out of continuity books. These teases almost never amount to anything or are as straightforward as they seem.

But you never know and generally the worst thing that could happen to T’Challa ends up happening. Taking him off Marvel’s flagship team book hints his stock has fallen with editorial, especially since key plot points with his character/lore haven’t been touched on yet. It could be set up to isolate then eventually kill the character off. But this book is months away so there’s no point worrying about it now. As long as Ridley’s run keeps chugging along fine I don’t think we have much to worry about. But I am surprised these are the types of conversations we’re having to begin with.

Yea a T’Challa-led Secret Avengers with T’Challa, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, White Tiger, Hawkeye, and War Machine would be great. Was Yelena alive when APW was coming out? She would’ve been a great addition to the team.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-31-2021 at 09:45 AM.

I’d agree if it wasn’t blatantly stated he’s gonna sacrifice himself and Shuri will take the mantle by next year lol. Now going off the History of the Marvel Universe book that came out there’s an insanely high chance that’s gonna be some kind of AU story that has no relevance to the main titles. Marvel’s pushing time travel and the multiverse rn so a bunch of mantle swaps and such is to be expected in out of continuity books. These teases almost never amount to anything or are as straightforward as they seem.

But you never know and generally the worst thing that could happen to T’Challa ends up happening. Taking him off Marvel’s flagship team book hints his stock has fallen with editorial, especially since key plot points with his character/lore haven’t been touched on yet. It could be set up to isolate then eventually kill the character off. But this book is years away so there’s no point worrying about it now. As long as Ridley’s run keeps chugging along fine I don’t think we have much to worry about. But I am surprised these are the types of conversations we’re having to begin with.

Yea a T’Challa-led Secret Avengers with T’Challa, Black Widow, Winter Soldier, White Tiger, Hawkeye, and War Machine would be great. Was Yelena alive when APW was coming out? She would’ve been a great addition to the team.
    Yelena has been in the MU for over two decades

But you never know and generally the worst thing that could happen to T’Challa ends up happening. Taking him off Marvel’s flagship team book hints his stock has fallen with editorial, especially since key plot points with his character/lore haven’t been touched on yet. It could be set up to isolate then eventually kill the character off. But this book is months away so there’s no point worrying about it now. As long as Ridley’s run keeps chugging along fine I don’t think we have much to worry about. But I am surprised these are the types of conversations we’re having to begin with.

What's funny is that Black Widow is dead in the MCU but they're still putting out a solo with Natasha as BW along with Yelena in the book as well.

I wouldn’t be worrisome if Marvel wasn’t so obsessed with MCU synergy. If they are planning on killing him off in the comics then they better be ready to get called out for it because time the character starts dying in other mediums then it will become undeniable that they are trying to profit off the real life death of a Black man. Hell DC kept the joker going strong in every medium except live action after Heath Ledger passed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I wouldn’t be worrisome if Marvel wasn’t so obsessed with MCU synergy. If they are planning on killing him off in the comics then they better be ready to get called out for it because time the character starts dying in other mediums then it will become undeniable that they are trying to profit off the real life death of a Black man. Hell DC kept the joker going strong in every medium except live action after Heath Ledger passed.
    Shuri replaced T'Challa before without them killing him so I don't know why Marvel is even thinking along these lines.

Like I said earlier BW is dead in the MCU along with Tony and Steve but they still have them around in the MU. It's a pretty stupid idea to kill him so that it falls in line with a movie universe that isn't the same.