Page 108 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 15079

I wish they'd give BP the Batman treatment when it comes to animated films/shows.

Just like Bats, BP plays well in just about any genre. Street, sci-fi, mysticism plus a few that Bats doesn't like socio-political.

All of the arcs that could be adapted into an animated movie, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I think will always distinguish T’Challa from his peers as far as how he is in the field. That sense of ingenuity in the midst of chaos makes him one of the most clutch characters in comics and it works really well to build tension.
    Yes! Exactly this.

Plans on plans in the middle of chaos.

Yes, he can do the Reed Richards deus ex machina thing. Yes, he can do the Tony Stark build a weapon thing. Yes, he can do the Hank Pym sciency crap thing. Yes, he can do the Captain America "leadership make a plan" thing

But that isn't his "genius thing." His thing is plans on plans, adapating in the middle as necessary, being ruthless as necessary spoilers:
    sacrificed shuri lol
    end of spoilers or tanking the world economy... T'challa is playing speed chess in the middle of the battlefield.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I'm not getting into this argument again because it's tiring but the villainization of Feige is getting a bit weird. And he's not even the only one saying this. Other people from the cast have given their piece and said the exact same thing. I didn't want to bring this up because everyone here was happy and talking about the King in Black issue but Daniel Kaluuya recently affirmed Marvel's decision.

It's quite obvious that to everyone involved in the film, honouring Chadwick means retiring his iteration of the character (for now) and not moving on with another actor like nothing happened. It means not trying to gloss over the finality of his life. And who are we to judge? They knew him better than we did. He was their friend. Their feelings will be different. They would be stronger than ours. And I think we have to accept that is the choice they've made. Making them sound like they're bad people for making a hard choice that surely was emotional for them isn't right. I don't think they wanted to hurt anyone and I doubt they would be happy knowing some of us aren't happy. But they also have to think for themselves too.
    Well they’ve made up their minds and I’m making up mines. I’m officially done with the Black Panther side of the MCU. I’ll just stick to comics and other mediums from here on out to get my T’Challa fix.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

From what I saw on a YouTube review...BP:KiB did in one issue what a certain writer has struggled and failed to do in the past five years.

Kudos to RJ for knocking it out of the ball-park and into the stratosphere.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Finally FEIGE is doing the right thing and making many black leads, not just one token black. Why y'all shitting on him now? When he had no black leads in the MCU everyone said nothing, SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yes! Exactly this.

Yes, he can do the Reed Richards deus ex machina thing. Yes, he can do the Tony Stark build a weapon thing. Yes, he can do the Hank Pym sciency crap thing. Yes, he can do the Captain America "leadership make a plan" thing

But that isn't his "genius thing." His thing is plans on plans, adapating in the middle as necessary, being ruthless as necessary spoilers:
    sacrificed shuri lol
    end of spoilers or tanking the world economy... T'challa is playing speed chess in the middle of the battlefield.
    And another thing. BP was just as inspirational as Cap in KiB. I don't think they play that up enough. He doesn't give the long speeches like Steve but when he does talk, people listen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    And another thing. BP was just as inspirational as Cap in KiB. I don't think they play that up enough. He doesn't give the long speeches like Steve but when he does talk, people listen.
    T’Challa is the leader of an often volatile country. On that basis alone he’s an insanely strong and effective leader, not even incorporating his control of teams like the Avengers. I like how Redjack conveys that through his short, but firm orders to his subordinates. The people of Wakanda may not always agree with their king’s policies but they’ll damn well follow him into the pits of hell because they know he has their best interests at heart and has the skill to save them all.

Quote Originally Posted by superheat View Post
    Finally FEIGE is doing the right thing and making many black leads, not just one token black. Why y'all shitting on him now? When he had no black leads in the MCU everyone said nothing, SAD.
    As someone in the "only T'challa" crowd... I can criticize Feige for what he is doing with T'challa while at the same time like what he is doing with other properties. And I am not alone there.

This isn't a zero sum game.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I liked that Shuri was looked up to that way as well. That has rarely (if ever) shown.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Which is why I think they should have pushed everything back to give everyone time to grieve and breath a little.

Even his line about "nephews, nieces, kids" points to how important that character was to those people... and to honor Chadwick, they are abandoning that. Which is kinda odd.

But, the actors are "in the forest" so to speak with this. While us, the fans, are seeing everything from a farther away perspective and don't have to deal with any of the personal emotional stuff.

I will add though... these people work for a company and are doing a job. Did anyone speak out about recasting or not before Disney did? It generally isn't a good business decision to go against the Mouse lol. Just sayin. Nothing is pure in this world.
    This.

I understand what blind is saying, but in Disney should of waited 3 months is hardly any time to start talking about business as usual with folks grieving. They should of waited. What people are saying about Chad and the decision Disney made, as well as what Chad said in life about how he approached role's and was always looking at how this will affect the next generation, conflict with each other. That's all I'm going to say

Did anyone else notice a difference getting ready to read this?

aka anticipation and hope instead of dread lol?
    Yes, it was the same feeling I had every week for panther quest. That child like excitement waiting for Saturday morning cartoons. This is the difference between a writer like RJ, who likes the character and wants to elevate them to the next level WHILE challenging the character and making them put in work. Vs a writer like Coates who doesn't care much for the character and showed alot of disdain and negativity for the character before the issues came out and ir has continued to show.

It also helps the hype when RJ is coming in and putting in thst work, engaging fans and getting them excited to read his work because HE is excited to share it with us. A for fans by fans approach and not a use this Character and treat them poorly while writing the character I want to write bad superior approach.

Yes! Exactly this.

sacrificed shuri lol
    I like how RJ really set up the difference as well and why T'Challa is the grandmaster chess player spoilers:
    While Okoye is all about sending soldiers in to fight and not run Shuri is about fixing the shield, T'Challa already knows what needed to be done and had the plan in place
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa is very much to the point, he doesn't have time to make long speeches like Cap. He is blunt and too the point because he has to be, his peoples lives are in his hands. Again Priest said it best. T'Challa is the shrewdest man alive, got you looking left when you should be looking abd and by the time you realize it, it's too late.

I too also liked what RJ did with Shuri. It's honestly the best mixing of what Coates was trying to do and what the MCU did. THAT version of Shuri we saw in KiB I can get behind and would like to read more about

You are welcome to scroll back through the last 30 pages to get your answer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    You are welcome to scroll back through the last 30 pages to get your answer
    Dude, people are gonna ride in on their judgment horses, throw shade and dip. Don't have enough time to read through the posts and listen to what everyone is saying.

Those horses gotta eat.

I liked that Shuri was looked up to that way as well. That has rarely (if ever) shown.
    I think RJ has done the best job of using Shuri in this one issue that I haven't seen since Hickman. None of that Griot stuff but yet still had her using science and magic together in a way that gives her character a clear cut definition.

Heads up, Taskmaster will be coming to Wakanda to go after Okoye in the 4th issue of his mini. It's been pretty good so far.

Ultimate Member

Folks were fighting for black lead movies before Iron Man came out. Folks had to be REMOVED for that to finally happen. The head of Disney confirmed that.

Nobody has an issue with what is being done with others. NONE.

Folk can be unhappy with what is planned with Black Panther 2.

Folks are NOT in the mood to be told because it's a black cast movie they have a duty to SUPPORT it because it's black folks.

But I have as they RECIEPTS! Black Panther made a billion. Lets say HALF of that Box Office came from us alone. $500 million.
    Lets say that is what we put in. So that would mean since black folks are sworn to support everything black....

Wouldn't EVERY Tyler Perry movie have $500 million box office?
    I guess all those black folks forget they had a duty to support everything black.

Just saying. Those who choose to not see BP 2 are doing what EVERYONE else will do. Make a choice.