Page 109 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 15079
    BANNED

It's almost astounding how of much that both misses the point, and is putting words in peoples mouths when they didn't say them.

Astonishing Member

Why some of y’all engage with blatant trolls and provocateurs is beyond me. Wasting time and mental energy when we got one of the best BP issues in a long time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I like how RJ really set up the difference as well and why T'Challa is the grandmaster chess player spoilers:
    While Okoye is all about sending soldiers in to fight and not run Shuri is about fixing the shield, T'Challa already knows what needed to be done and had the plan in place
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa is very much to the point, he doesn't have time to make long speeches like Cap. He is blunt and too the point because he has to be, his peoples lives are in his hands. Again Priest said it best. T'Challa is the shrewdest man alive, got you looking left when you should be looking abd and by the time you realize it, it's too late.

I too also liked what RJ did with Shuri. It's honestly the best mixing of what Coates was trying to do and what the MCU did. THAT version of Shuri we saw in KiB I can get behind and would like to read more about
    As far as Shuri’s shift into technomage territory I wonder where that leaves T’Challa outside of his martial arts and strategic mind. It’ll be interesting to see if future writers focus more on the mystic angle (whether it be KOTD or something else) or play up T’Challa’s scientific know-how. I think the comics have been smart to ignore the MCU’s (pretty bad and borderline inexcusable) diminishing of T’Challa’s intelligence but does T’Challa no longer dabble in alchemy or is that just another thing that he’s ceding to Shuri? T’Challa should be more than just a good fighter and master planner. His supplementary talents should be distinct as the lead of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Why some of y’all engage with blatant trolls and provocateurs is beyond me. Wasting time and mental energy when we got one of the best BP issues in a long time lol.
    It's a training exercise.

Mighty Member

Great comic, Mr. Thorne. Loved Victor's broken mask in the trophy room.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Great comic, Mr. Thorne. Loved Victor's broken mask in the trophy room.
    I wonder if it is from the real deal or a Doombot?

As far as Shuri’s shift into technomage territory I wonder where that leaves T’Challa outside of his martial arts and strategic mind. It’ll be interesting to see if future writers focus more on the mystic angle (whether it be KOTD or something else) or play up T’Challa’s scientific know-how. I think the comics have been smart to ignore the MCU’s (pretty bad and borderline inexcusable) diminishing of T’Challa’s intelligence but does T’Challa no longer dabble in alchemy or is that just another thing that he’s ceding to Shuri? T’Challa should be more than just a good fighter and master planner. His supplementary talents should be distinct as the lead of the franchise.
    I'm fine with him ignoring Alchemy honestly. Shuri can have that and the vault as her bag of tricks. She does need something other than "wants to be Tchalla". Tchalla the fighter and the genius planner/reactor is enough along with his usual bag of tech tricks. He is a danger to anyone just with that

Ultimate Member

Because they don't expect folks to hit them with facts or common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think RJ has done the best job of using Shuri in this one issue that I haven't seen since Hickman. None of that Griot stuff but yet still had her using science and magic together in a way that gives her character a clear cut definition.
    His shuri on panthers quest was excellent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    His shuri on panthers quest was excellent as well.
    Yeah, this is Shuri from BP's Quest.

Mighty Member

I think RJ used the story about Bast in Anansi's room as a metaphor for Shuri being in T'Challa's room. He knew exactly what she had in her lab and had been experimenting with and wanted her to employ it as she had most likely taken the inspiration from him and his own endeavors i to alchemy/shadow physics.

Frankly he should fall even further into the super genius role. Big end game stuff primarily. Shuri can be technomage. But big threats like in KiB just focuses on what T'Challa does best. He was never really known for doing much alchemy stuff as shadow physics stuff dropped pretty quickly after Mayberry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'm fine with him ignoring Alchemy honestly. Shuri can have that and the vault as her bag of tricks. She does need something other than "wants to be Tchalla". Tchalla the fighter and the genius planner/reactor is enough along with his usual bag of tech tricks. He is a danger to anyone just with that
    I think alchemy makes a lot of sense for Shuri. She’s big into materials science given her vibranium experiments and it’s the most scientific of the magical disciplines in fiction. So yea, if the general direction is less necromancy/spiritual manipulation (which I think T’Challa should specialize in) and more shadow clones and exotic materials I’d be happy with that.

I don’t have a problem with them both playing around with magic/science but I don’t want to run into the issue of shaving off T’Challa traits/skills and giving them to supporting characters like the MCU. Idk, T’Challa should be more than just a really clever Captain America, he should bring some supplementary powers to the battlefield that aren’t purely tech-enhanced martial arts.

I think alchemy makes a lot of sense for Shuri. She’s big into materials science given her vibranium experiments and it’s the most scientific of the magical disciplines in fiction. So yea, if the general direction is less necromancy/spiritual manipulation (which I think T’Challa should specialize in) and more shadow clones and exotic materials I’d be happy with that.

I don’t have a problem with them both playing around with magic/science but I don’t want to run into the issue of shaving off T’Challa traits/skills and giving them to supporting characters like the MCU. Idk, T’Challa should be more than just a really clever Captain America, he should bring some supplementary powers to the battlefield that aren’t purely tech-enhanced martial arts.
    When it comes to actual powers I had hoped that he would get things from the different Panthers of the past being the king of the Dead. Ways to channel individual ones through access to their knowledge. Take "The Wall" Tconda for instance say he had some sort of super durability power that he used to protect his people at the time and passed that trait along to Tchalla now that they could communicate fully. And not always specific physical power ups, some could be mental or spiritual barriers from different Panthers.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-11-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    I wonder if it is from the real deal or a Doombot?
    I would assume that is part of the doombot that T'challa blew up in Rise of the Black Panther
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Knowledge is power. And woulda, coulda, shoulda T'Challa as KoTD had access to the possible lost knowledge of his predecessors as well as their wisdom to utilize that power. But we all know how that has worked so far. It had, and still possibly does, the potential to be a great plot device to develop both T'Challa and Wakanda. So sad it wasn't handed to Mr. Thorne so he could shake that money tree for Marvel. But I did just buy the first DC comic since the death of Supes. I know next to nothing about GL except he eats a lot of salad and greens or some such.