Page 120 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

Some good choices here and some bad ones
    Nana-Kofi Siriboe, Y'lan Noel or Yahya Mateen are my 1, 2 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    John David Washington or Aldis Hodge would be my ideal picks. Mainly the former since Aldis is playing Hawkman (though whether he survives the events of Black Adam remains to be seen). That and Washington’s family has a close connection to Boseman so that would make the choice very close to home.
    In my opinion thats the best way to shut down the fake "recasting is disrespectful crowd". Boseman said Black Panther wouldnt have been possible if not for Denzels career. His son picking up Bosemans torch and continuing his legacy is a good story on both Marvels PR front (the only front they care about) and in actually moving Bosemans name forward in acting history as the character is continued ala Spiderman/James Bond. D.Washington is instantly propelled to the forefront of hollywood stardom and he can go out ans do all the pe/interviews in the world about how honored he is to continue Boseman's.

Introducing a "Brand new character" is a slap in the face to every aspect of this process. Boseman (who is essentially replaced anyways) Tchalla, the character the entire franchise is about, and Marvel fans as a whole (who watch these movies because they are Marvel and intertwined with some very loose form of comics history and interactions which a "brand new character" doesnt provide)...but atleast the brand new character will be black right?!

Now that said, Outside of the Boseman aspect id go with Hodge
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-13-2021 at 08:08 PM.

rumored to be casting mayans for BP2

this is gonna be 100% BP vs Atlantis isn't it?

groan

at least Tchalla can't get chumped out if hes dead lol.

(i might cheer fro Namor lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

groan

If it’s not from a credible source don’t buy it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

groan

Don't believe this. At least for now.

This will just add up to the stress of not having T'Challa in the MCU.

If it’s not from a credible source don’t buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Don't believe this. At least for now.

This will just add up to the stress of not having T'Challa in the MCU.
    Murphymultiverse is somewhat credible, for rumor sites anyway

I'm not stressed at all about this, I gave up lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

groan

If that's true then I'm still not watching. Doesn't matter to me who the villain is.

I'm sorry i'm just going to say it. I know it's tacky in advance i honestly do and i will take the heat but for for me, and i fully admit i don't connect to actors etc and can be way literal in like people die everyday but to me saying you can'tc recast tchallla is the same as saying you can't replace kobe if history was different and he was in his prime. I just don't believe it. That's my problem i don't have a connection to Chadwick and if Bp is going to exist i would rather an alternate Tchalla than an alternate Killmonger. Is it hard? of course. Do you feel you may be disrespecting that person? sure. But then i think if that person stood for elevation too they may understand. Noting can take away from the legacy Chadwick created, but things can take away from it's momentum. I know i think a bit different so i try to avoid certain topics but on this one i feel very passionate they are messing up by not finding a way to put some version of tchalla on the table. They would dilute the first movie imo my doing an alternate Killmonger on the throne but an alternate tchalla in these times could speak so much into a story. And i'm not like a die hard Tchalla fan and feel this truly isn't coming from a bias place but to do a movie without Tchalla just doesn't feel like Bp to me based on what we went through in the first movie and what i personally feel is wakanda. Even in the MCU right now Tchalla's ideals are wakanda, there would have been no wakandian help without him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That sounds more disrespectful than it is.
    Boseman is about as perfect as an actor we could have asked for but as life moves on for all of us in our professions during the age of covid deaths so must the show (except in this case for some reason). Boseman's brother supports recasting and continuing the character so you shouldn't feel bad about wanting the same. There are other talented and deserving black men in Hollywood and with the Multiverse shenanigans Marvel no longer has a valid excuse to completely remove the characters rather than presenting a different version of him

Hopefully one whose father was killed by klaw as a young boy.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-13-2021 at 07:32 PM.

And keep in mind this is the same company that chose to cover Chads face in Chinese marketing.
    All their choices are money or PR
    Mickey is just as cut throat as Flex writes him to be

EuJdgBvXEAEnUra.jpg
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-13-2021 at 08:11 PM.

Boseman death hit me hard I won't lie. It was a shock to me and I felt I lost something inside me compared to the time in Oct 2014 on my way back from Uni, opened my phone and saw that Boseman had been cast as BP. I remember screaming on the train while other passengers looked at me like I was crazy but I didn't care. And to see that he is no longer with us is a huge blow and I will always remember him as the first live-action T'Challa to be portrayed on the big screen, but we have to move on. Christopher Reeves who paved the way for superhero movies to be made died in 2004 but that didn't mean the legacy of Superman should die with him and should be discontinued. I feel this should be applied to BP but hey, it's their property and they can do whatever they want with it. Just don't expect me to be in agreement with their decision.

Personally, I think recasting a new T'Challa is an opportunity for Marvel to focus on his intelligence and bringing a new form of a personality trait to the character rather than just being a copy and paste version of Chadwick. Take James Bond for example. Roger Moore's bond was almost a comedic version of the James Bond that was known in the books and it was majorly criticized by some die-hards fans who thought it was not faithful to the books. But with Timothy Dalton's version of Bond, he brought that cold-blooded, angry and ruthless bond that was more in line with how he was portrayed in the books, which would later be continued with Daniel Craig in future bond movies. This same strategy can be applied if they decide to recast but no one can tell at this point if they will ever recast him.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-13-2021 at 08:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

John David Washington or Aldis Hodge would be my ideal picks. Mainly the former since Aldis is playing Hawkman (though whether he survives the events of Black Adam remains to be seen). That and Washington’s family has a close connection to Boseman so that would make the choice very close to home.
    JDW is too small in frame, imo. RDJ & Don Cheadle can hide their small frames behind armor.

Aldis Hodge was my first pick for T'Challa before Chadwick won the role.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 02-13-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    JDW is too small in frame, imo. RDJ & Don Cheadle can hide their small frames behind armor.

Aldis Hodge was my first pick for T'Challa before Chadwick won the role.
    I think Washington could pull it off depending on how it's shot. Jon Berthal and Christian Bale aren't as tall and imposing as Punisher and Batman but they still pulled it off.

Continuity question from King in Black... the story between Tchaka and Tchalla it says Tchalla was fighting 5 jabari warriors... weren't they banned and exiled?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-17-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Unless the new writer was Coogler himself I'm gonna lay in da cut until further notice...

I'm like a woman that has been cheated on multiple times so I trust but verify!
    Yupp.

I'm not trusting those idiots in the Avengers Editorial not to frakk-it-up...again.

Dis B***h heart's gone cold and it will take someone near close to Black Jesus writing it and with art by directly inspired by the Muses themselves to warm it up.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!