Page 129 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 15079
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah that Marvel 2099 BP was straight up atrocious. This idea by Redjack could be the way to fix it and make it right.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The Hudlin Black to the futures was best possible outcomes.
    Thanks for reminding me. That one was cool.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I still hate it.

It is too forced. Why would our Wakanda accept some random other T'challa who didn't grow up in this timeline? Bast herself would have to come in front of hte people and go "yep, thats my dude" for them to accept it.

Nakia just gonna bang anyone that has the name T'challa lol?

If they are gonna use T'challa, they just need to recast. which they arent so, sad panda noises
    For the same reason we are to accept that T'Challa of this time is dead, away, or whatever stupid excuse they use for why he isn't around, and Wakanda is just going to move on. Disney is so hellbent on some Highlander isht that this is the only thing I can think of That gets around their "honoring Chadwick". It ain't perfect, but frankly whatever reason they are going to use for BP is going to be worse. BET money on that.

I just want T'Challa in his damn franchise

Extraordinary Member

We have the multiverse solution.

I also advocate Bast shenanigans. A Bast upgrade caused a change in appearance, and personality (aka regeneration from Doctor Who).

Here is one:

It is comics canon (unless it's been retconned) that T'Chaka had two brides. T'Chaka's first wife died shortly after childbirth. He went on to marry Ramonda.

Perhaps MCU T'Chaka had a dalliance with a woman who became an exile when he chose Ramonda. She was pregnant, but never told T'Chaka out of spite or fear. She married an American man whose last name was Charles. She died after giving birth. The man named the boy Luke. Eventually, Luke Charles is discovered as a young teacher in Harlem, New York. He was blessed by Bast, and was born with the abilities of his heritage. I am leaning more towards the mystical, if the HSH is not an option. He receives training in Wakanda, deals with culture shock/animosity (which yields comedy, drama, & romance), but proves himself a noble hero & worthy king.

Luke Charles becomes the Black Panther.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 02-16-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Whatever Kevin Feige and Ryan Coogler decide to do it’s going to be a simple and elegant path forward. Not an overly complicated or convoluted one. With all the crazy theories people had about infinity war and end game it turned out to be pretty simple (bad guy gets stones kills half the cast, good guys time travel through the older MCU movies and get the stones and bring everyone back).

Kevin Feige likes simplicity with his long term plan and that plan doesn’t change for anyone (not Edgar Wright, Scott Derickson etc). I was surprised Feige decided not to recast T’challa cause I thought that T’challa was a big part of the plan but I’m starting to think A Black Panther and Wakanda might be more important to his plan than T’challa himself.

Either way some of the ideas I’m seeing people speculate for BP2 seem like they would require a major change in Feige’s plan and basically the entire movie would need to be about the change in direction. But from the casting of Tenoch Huerta and the only minor delay in shooting and release dates it seems to me like they are keeping the skeleton of whatever was planned with Chadwick’s T’challa and they are just shifting focus to a different character. Whether it’s an existing character or a new character I feel like it will be a simple elegant shift in direction rather than an overly complicated story about multiverses on top of what they already planned (Namor or whatever).

There is no elegant way to remove the title Character From their franchise Black Panther is not an ensemble franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    We have the multiverse solution.

I also advocate Bast shenanigans. A Bast upgrade caused a change in appearance, and personality (aka regeneration from Doctor Who).

Here is one:

It is comics canon (unless it's been retconned) that T'Chaka had two brides. T'Chaka's first wife died shortly after childbirth. He went on to marry Ramonda.

Perhaps MCU T'Chaka had a dalliance with a woman who became an exile when he chose Ramonda. She was pregnant, but never told T'Chaka out of spite or fear. She married an American man whose last name was Charles. She died after giving birth. The man named the boy Luke. Eventually, Luke Charles is discovered as a young teacher in Harlem, New York. He was blessed by Bast, and was born with the abilities of his heritage. I am leaning more towards the mystical, if the HSH is not an option. He receives training in Wakanda, deals with culture shock/animosity (which yields comedy, drama, & romance), but proves himself a noble hero & worthy king.

Luke Charles becomes the Black Panther.
    That still isn't T'challa lol.

I don't want "different T'challa but its the same wink wink," I want t'challa that has been established already. I want to continue on with that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Whatever Kevin Feige and Ryan Coogler decide to do it’s going to be a simple and elegant path forward. Not an overly complicated or convoluted one. With all the crazy theories people had about infinity war and end game it turned out to be pretty simple (bad guy gets stones kills half the cast, good guys time travel through the older MCU movies and get the stones and bring everyone back).

Kevin Feige likes simplicity with his long term plan and that plan doesn’t change for anyone (not Edgar Wright, Scott Derickson etc). I was surprised Feige decided not to recast T’challa cause I thought that T’challa was a big part of the plan but I’m starting to think A Black Panther and Wakanda might be more important to his plan than T’challa himself.

Either way some of the ideas I’m seeing people speculate for BP2 seem like they would require a major change in Feige’s plan and basically the entire movie would need to be about the change in direction. But from the casting of Tenoch Huerta and the only minor delay in shooting and release dates it seems to me like they are keeping the skeleton of whatever was planned with Chadwick’s T’challa and they are just shifting focus to a different character. Whether it’s an existing character or a new character I feel like it will be a simple elegant shift in direction rather than an overly complicated story about multiverses on top of what they already planned (Namor or whatever).
    yeah I agree.

And I also don't want a movie where we spend 45 minutes explaining that this "new tchalla" isn't the old tchalla but he is tchalla blah blah blah. That isn't an engaging nor entertaining story.

I want the planned sequel to Black Panther that continues that story. Period. Which requires a recast.

So, if it isn't that, I don't care.

The only plot scenario that would interest me at all that is "kinda crazy" is T'challa going through a wormhole ala Intergalactic Empire and disappearing. Leaving the potential for a recast in BP3. But even then... I would need some sort of hint that Feige/Disney/whoever is softening on "T'challa is gone forever because of Chadwick. The end."

Which... isn't impossible (welcome back James Gunn) but doesn't seem likely and their has been no hinting of it at all. They have all been pretty firm that no Chadwick, no T'challa. Which means no MoS at the theater lol.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-17-2021 at 06:46 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I don't want "different T'challa but its the same wink wink," I want t'challa that has been established already. I want to continue on with that story.

yeah I agree.

And I also don't want a movie where we spend 45 minutes explaining that this "new tchalla" isn't the old tchalla but he is tchalla blah blah blah. That isn't an engaging nor entertaining story.

I want the planned sequel to Black Panther that continues that story. Period. Which requires a recast.

The only plot scenario that would interest me at all that is "kinda crazy" is T'challa going through a wormhole ala Intergalactic Empire and disappearing. Leaving the potential for a recast in BP3. But even then... I would need some sort of hint that Feige/Disney/whoever is softening on "T'challa is gone forever because of Chadwick. The end."

Which... isn't impossible (welcome back James Gunn) but doesn't seem likely and their has been no hinting of it at all. They have all been pretty firm that no Chadwick, no T'challa. Which means no MoS at the theater lol.
    Again I want a recast as well. I don't want multiverse shenanigans, but honestly if we have to he some bullshit line about T'Challa being away, dead, or paul walker ride off into the sunset od whatever excuse they come up with that means he is no longer in the franchise, then I would take a multiverse T'Challa over no T'Challa at all. Again there's no elegant want to transition T'Challa out and continue his stories, EotS, Sturm, SWaD, going against Namor, etc etc. Who's going to do those stories Justice?
    Who's going to lead the franchise?

None of the characters have any sort of development that can carry the franchise. Shuri, Okoye, and M'Baku are all the same as they were since BP in every movie they have shown up in. Elegantly watching them turn a Solo movie into an ensemble like they tried for Blade Trinity, despite blades success on his first two movies, is wholly stupid.

Just because Marvel has done well do far doesn't mean they can't mess up ever, especially when they are doing such a move. They she should of waited. Given Coogler and Co a minimum of 6 months atleast to grieve so they can think right. Because when you hear what people say about Chad, and what they say about the importance of T'Challa, and then the path the higher ups are taking... Something's not connecting right

Mighty Member

yeah I agree.

Pretty much this ^^^^.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Recast would have been my vote, but if we're taking Kevin Feige at his word its not going to happen. He said the plan was always to expand into a more Wakanda centric storyline for the sequel so that sounds to me like they think they can pull off an ensemble. Personally even if it looks like T'challa is gone forever I think he'll be back eventually. We watched iron-man die on screen and I don't think anyone thinks he's gone for good.

But for BP2 out of all the rumors I'm leaning towards believing the Shuri and an original character share the mantle rumor. I remember Ryan saying in an interview he had a problem with signing on to a movie where some one else casts the main character and introduces them (the Russos in civil war) but then meeting Chadwick helped him get over his reservations. But it always sounded to me like he wanted to build a character from the ground up instead of inheriting one. I think he'll keep Shuri in there cause of the Shuri fans pushing for it online, plus the comic connection, but mainly because I think Shuri will be the character they use to address T'challa's absence. She'll probably be the ''heart'' of the story and be the way in which they ''honor Chadwick's legacy''. But I really think Coogler always wanted to create his own lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Pretty much. When it’ll be all said and done, I think it’ll be very straightforward. If I had to guess, the supporting characters will (at least attempt) to fill in the void of T’Challa not being around. Whether or not it’ll work in the box office remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    Pretty much. When it’ll be all said and done, I think it’ll be very straightforward. If I had to guess, the supporting characters will (at least attempt) to fill in the void of T’Challa not being around. Whether or not it’ll work in the box office remains to be seen.
    The only way Shuri doesn't end up BP is if the anti vax/transphobic crap she shared makes Disney hesitate.

This isn't really complicated. The complication is changing the original story Coogler planned to make it work, while also not just making it a repeat of T'challa's journey ot the throne.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-17-2021 at 10:53 AM.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

What other What If...? BP stories would you like to see on D+

I'd like to see what if Wakanda found Captain America before the Avengers? They could basically have Wakanda turn Steve into a Winter Soldier.

The only way Shuri doesn't end up BP is if the anti vax/transphobic crap she shared makes Disney hesitate.

This isn't really complicated. The complication is changing the original story Coogler planned to make it work, while also not just making it a repeat of T'challa's journey ot the throne.
    I remember Evangeline Lilly said some crazy stuff about Covid when the pandemic just started. Got a whole lot of pushback.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ic/2879734001/

She apologized, laid low, didn’t get fired, and almost a year later no one talks about it. It looks like the similar situation is happening with Letitia (crazy comments, apology, didn’t get fired, laying low).

It doesn’t guarantee anything obviously, but the further away from the comments (time wise), the less of an impact they will have.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-17-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I remember Evangeline Lilly said some crazy stuff about Covid when the pandemic just started. Got a whole lot of pushback.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...ic/2879734001/

She apologized, laid low, didn’t get fired, and almost a year later no one talks about it. It looks like the similar situation is happening with Letitia (crazy comments, apology, didn’t get fired, laying low).

It doesn’t guarantee anything obviously, but the further away from the comments (time wise), the less of an impact they will have.
    Yeah, only problem is... Lilly said something completely idiotic, selfish, and stupid and actually apologized

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly
    "I want to offer my sincere and heartfelt apology for the insensitivity I showed in my previous post to the very real suffering and fear that has gripped the world through COVID19," Lilly wrote on Instagram Thursday. "The world is rallying to find a way to stop this very real threat, and my ensuing silence has sent a dismissive, arrogant and cryptic message."
    While Wright...

Quote Originally Posted by wright
    my intention was not to hurt anyone, my ONLY intention of posting the video was it raised my concerns with what the vaccine contains and what we are putting in our bodies.

Nothing else.
    ... didn't even say "oops" lol. Didn't say he was wrong. Didn't say sorry. Didn't say anything but "I did this because XYZ." and then dipped out.

At least she was smart enough to stop digging. So, she isn't Gina Carano stupid.

Yeah, only problem is... Lilly said something completely idiotic, selfish, and stupid and actually apologized

While Wright...

... didn't even say "oops" lol. Didn't say he was wrong. Didn't say sorry. Didn't say anything but "I did this because XYZ." and then dipped out.

At least she was smart enough to stop digging. So, she isn't Gina Carano stupid.
    EDIT: Oh wow, that's def a weak statement compared to Evangeline's. At least she dipped quickly and didn't pull a Gina Carano.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 02-17-2021 at 11:11 AM.