Page 131 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    More new to comics writers for Black Panther..... from Def Jam records...but its about Storm?

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true
    They're doing 3 back-up stories. One on BP, one on Storm and one on Shuri, although I don't know why they wouldn't do the Storm story in an X-book.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They're doing 3 back-up stories. One on BP, one on Storm and one on Shuri, although I don't know why they wouldn't do the Storm story in an X-book.
    That's EASY...

They want to artificially boost the sales of these last few issues so that they can claim that this run is as "legendary" as Priest & Hudlin.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    That's EASY...

They want to artificially boost the sales of these last few issues so that they can claim that this run is as "legendary" as Priest & Hudlin.
    If that was the idea then they deserve a face-palm. They should have just done an anthology one-shot in celebration of BHM and put the stories there. Nothing is going to save Coates' final issues.

Pc game called Marvel Heros
    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I was watching failed MMO video on YT and there was an Avengers game where Tchalla could cloak and shoot energy daggers. I saw the clip but cant remember what called. Anyone know?
    Yeah, that was a long time ago. I didn't get to play BP in MHO, but I heard that he was descent.

Some good choices here and some bad ones
    I do like some of the actors, but I would withhold my choice since I am not that well familiar with T'Challa and leave it with his biggest fans.

Now as far as this news that the last three books will be written by singers, I am not happy at all. I don't like their choice of putting singers on a comic book, something with which they've never dealt in the past.

The other superpowers would have definitely invested more into their tech to try to match Wakanda. Then there would be the issues of Blacks living in these superpower nations, especially the US. Probably would have been in internment camps or worse. This would need to be a prestige maxi series.
    I imagine a arc where Winter Soldier is sent in by Russia to take care of the problem. (yeah moving timelines a bit here, lets say Cap and Bucky were WWI)

and soon after, USA sends in Cap (where in this timeline, he isn't in ice yet).

T'chaka and Cap get along just fine... until Cap sees Bucky in the dungeon.

Could be fun lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yeah, that was a long time ago. I didn't get to play BP in MHO, but I heard that he was descent.

I do like some of the actors, but I would withhold my choice since I am not that well familiar with T'Challa and leave it with his biggest fans.

Now as far as this news that the last three books will be written by singers, I am not happy at all. I don't like their choice of putting singers on a comic book, something with which they've never dealt in the past.
    Well it's simple. The people in charge at Marvel don't care enough about the lore of their minority characters. They take a complete hands-off approach which is most likely why Marvel has allowed black panthers franchise in the movies to try to continue on without the character. Since they're not personally invested in these characters for some reason they only care about the sales part of it rather than the quality or the continuity

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Yeah that’s possible. But all I have to work with is what Kevin Feige said himself. If this was never a part of the plan you would think the decision to not recast would completely derail their plans for the future. But Feiges decisions and announcements from not recasting T’challa to moving forward with minor delays, to announcing spin offs and a new deal with Ryan seem to suggest that their plans aren’t being completely derailed at all. Instead they appear to be shifting and pivoting the story but pretty much moving in the same direction they were going anyway.
    Yes and what I am saying is that it's Feiges words vs his own words and they contradict each other. There was enough time that there could be some revisions done to the script. They ain't filming yet. But there's no way in hell anyone should believe that Wakanda taking the center stage and T'Challa taking the back seat was ever the actual plan. I bet they intended to explore Wakanda more... With us the fans exploring with T'Challa as our guide. This is incredibly stupid. It's like blade trinity, except worse because they are doubling down on this bullshit and expect people to believe it

That's EASY...

It's almost comical how far off the mark the comics division is when it comes to getting people to write BP... ALMOST. More than anything it's just insulting that apparently baby neophyte with some clout to their name is allowed to insert whatever bullisht into the mythos and then we are stuck with nonsense..like, none of these people write comics, being black is not the only requirement one should need to write his book.

If that was the idea then they deserve a face-palm. They should have just done an anthology one-shot in celebration of BHM and put the stories there. Nothing is going to save Coates' final issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's almost comical how far off the mark the comics division is when it comes to getting people to write BP... ALMOST. More than anything it's just insulting that apparently baby neophyte with some clout to their name is allowed to insert whatever bullisht into the mythos and then we are stuck with nonsense..like, none of these people write comics, being black is not the only requirement one should need to write his book.

I have a very simple method for determining what Marvel editorial will do on any given book:

Think of the stupidest, most nonsensical thing you can do to a character/team.

Assume the editors will do something even worse.

I have a very simple method for determining what Marvel editorial will do on any given book:

Think of the stupidest, most nonsensical thing you can do to a character/team.

Assume the editors will do something even worse.
    They have some good writers and editors but unfortunately not on the books I care about.

Dont worry guys, falcons got our back!

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...y-black-youth/

Dont worry guys, falcons got our back!

https://www.cbr.com/falcon-winter-so...y-black-youth/
    So wait a minute, wait a minute is this just a cbr article or something official because my first thought is How are you going to honor somebody by telling people hey theres a whole other black hero over here that got you with Tchalla down. I mean i think i get it but it just doesn't sound right. But i've admittedly had a few drinks.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'll just say this. All black characters are not the same. They're not interchangeable and neither are the fan bases within them. I love Falcon just like I love all black characters but none of them are Tchalla, who is more of a Mo-Town character than a Def Jam one.
    No disrespect to Def Jam ofcourse.

We'll get equality in media when Marvel realizes that.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-17-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Im down with some back up stories to fill out the books finale. Interesting to see what they do with the page space they have. Doubt it will be anything earth shattering but it should be fun.

More new to comics writers for Black Panther..... from Def Jam records...but its about Storm?

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true