Page 139 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 15079

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Coates does it again! Dope!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Nothing wrong with these black heroes...
    In and of themselves, no. The problem is that it's on the tail end of a story that has generally, from what I've seen and heard and read, been poorly constructed. I mean, the elements of a great Black Panther-centric epic are all there --- the unconquered, uncolonized black nation of Wakanda and her ruler and protector facing off against a dark inversion, if not an outright perversion, of her ideals and ethos in the form of a spacefaring empire that has become everything Wakanda swore she would never be, swore she would be better than, and now come to conquer or destroy everything ever held dear and sacred by Wakanda and her people. It should be, at the very least, a true spectacle of Afrofuturistic greatness that shows the best and worst of what we can be or become as a people. Alas . . . the reality of the story thus far has not lived up to the hype, to say the least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    In and of themselves, no. The problem is that it's on the tail end of a story that has generally, from what I've seen and heard and read, been poorly constructed. I mean, the elements of a great Black Panther-centric epic are all there --- the unconquered, uncolonized black nation of Wakanda and her ruler and protector facing off against a dark inversion, if not an outright perversion, of her ideals and ethos in the form of a spacefaring empire that has become everything Wakanda swore she would never be, swore she would be better than, and now come to conquer or destroy everything ever held dear and sacred by Wakanda and her people. It should be, at the very least, a true spectacle of Afrofuturistic greatness that shows the best and worst of what we can be or become as a people. Alas . . . the reality of the story thus far has not lived up to the hype, to say the least.
    Understood..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    After reading King In Black: Black Panther, how can we take this seriously?
    You can't.

Wakanda by itself opened a can on Skrulls with NO HELP.

King in Black saw Black Panther save his kingdom by himself.

Those scenes right there are the AMMO Gators would use about diversity check points.

Cloak would NOT be there without Dagger.

Where is Synch? Bishop? Rocket Racer? Rayshuan Lucas?

You getting ready fight a Venom version of Killmonger- where is VENOM? Of ALL folks who should be there?

Ultimate Member

A better story and to piggyback on what Hunterspider said-

Would have been better that space Wakanda that somehow featured versions of all those heroes. A building of that anti Wakanda that spawned Wakanda versions of everybody.

What would a Wakanda raised Miles Morales or Luke Cage under Killmonger be like? So Panther decides to fight fire with fire and have all those black heroes face those other versions.

He does this as a reminder to them all that being a hero or trying to do what is right can lead to a dark path if one is not careful.

Or something like that.

No one said anything was wrong with them, but in story wise, that doesn't interact with 90% of them and 98% of then done even make sense why they are even there. The ones that could really help aren't there (blue Marvel, spectrum, Blade) and another thing is why did T'Challa invite them to Wakanda? Because they are Black? That's Coates flawed logic. They are black so just throw them in there, regardless of it it makes sense or not. All the while giving a speech about a character none of them know, and none of us give a frak about either

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't, hence the jokes lol

This is all around ridiculous. Not built up at all. Trying to score silly diversity points.

If this was his pay off, then throughout the run he should have had these guys helping out here and there.

But instead, we have random black heroes he doesn't even really interact with. Where are Blue Marvel, Blade, Spectrum? Why is Luke cage far in the background but Partriot in the front?

You telling me T'challa said, "yo kid, miles, get your ass to Wakanda, i need you real quick" lol? Did Kasper pick Miles up from school?

im all for a black avengers type thing but you gotta make it make some damn sense story wise .
    Has Marvel announced the new BP creative team taking over after Coates run is over?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You can't.

Wakanda by itself opened a can on Skrulls with NO HELP.

King in Black saw Black Panther save his kingdom by himself.

Those scenes right there are the AMMO Gators would use about diversity check points.

Cloak would NOT be there without Dagger.

Where is Synch? Bishop? Rocket Racer? Rayshuan Lucas?

You getting ready fight a Venom version of Killmonger- where is VENOM? Of ALL folks who should be there?
    Don't forget they repelled thanos army multiple times while simultaneously at war with and then destroyed atlantis. Now your telling me they need folks like rage and Misty to help repel this army??? You know who I would like to see write this final showdown? Redjack.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Understood..
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    A better story and to piggyback on what Hunterspider said-

Would have been better that space Wakanda that somehow featured versions of all those heroes. A building of that anti Wakanda that spawned Wakanda versions of everybody.

What would a Wakanda raised Miles Morales or Luke Cage under Killmonger be like? So Panther decides to fight fire with fire and have all those black heroes face those other versions.

He does this as a reminder to them all that being a hero or trying to do what is right can lead to a dark path if one is not careful.

Or something like that.
    "He who fights monsters," as Nietzsche once put it. You're right, that would've been a better story.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Has Marvel announced the new BP creative team taking over after Coates run is over?
    Nope. They told Redjack it wasn’t him though, so they must’ve made a decision finally. We’ll hopefully get it in solicits next month.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    This pretty much sums up everything.

If N'Jadaka dies again, then T'Challa should ensure the total annihilation of his body to avoid another resurrection.
    Last edited by XJlock; 02-23-2021 at 05:15 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Don't forget they repelled thanos army multiple times while simultaneously at war with and then destroyed atlantis. Now your telling me they need folks like rage and Misty to help repel this army??? You know who I would like to see write this final showdown? Redjack.
    We couldn't handle that.

"He who fights monsters," as Nietzsche once put it. You're right, that would've been a better story.
    Heck that could have been a Marvel wide event.

Everyone facing a version raised under one dictatorship.

Not so much Infinity wars or Secret Empire. What would a Wakandan Fantastic Four look like? Or a Deadpool and Spider-Man that talked crap to you in Wakandan. And we won't invite the Wakandan Punisher. He and Frank might get along too good.

I see we have quite a few authors lurking around, curious about the feedback for BP. Happy to see some of them. I wonder who will write BP after Coates, as well. Even though, I do, do love the progress of Storm as a Goddess so far in the Wakanda Franchise!