Page 183 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Is it in novel form?
    Yeah.

10char

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

That Tasmaster #4 comes out today. I wont be able to check it out until after 3PM. If anybody reads it, drop a review.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    That Tasmaster #4 comes out today. I wont be able to check it out until after 3PM. If anybody reads it, drop a review.
    spoilers:
    The Hatut Zeraze job out to Taskmaster. HARD.

Okoye does slightly better, but Tasky eventually beats her for reasons.

And then he manages to get away because Okoye doesn't recognize Nick Fury Jr.

Not a good showing for any Wakandan.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Not shocked saw that coming, glad BP, Shuri & others weren’t there to job aswell

Astonishing Member

The anthology book is available now. Kindle has some of the first stories for free.

The first story is by Maurice Broaddus with Queend Divine Justice as the storyteller. It's fire. The closest I've ever seen to Priest. Its within his continuity too.
    Bought it this morning and damn you were right. MindofShadow if you read this story and still hate QDJ you have no heart lol. She’s a great character and honestly her and Okoye should be representing the Dora, hopefully the MA slink off into obscurity after Coates. The story about T’Challa and the Wild Seeds (fantastic reference) was amazing too.

Vibranium mutates are the wave and T’Challa continues to be a really engaging guy to follow when put in the hands of someone that understands what makes him tick. I’m about to get to the Shuri and Bashenga stories tomorrow. Overall some of the most consistently solid BP content we’ve gotten since Redjack’s BPQ.

Ultimate Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    There's no indication that Okoye didn't recognize Fury. She simply would have assumed that he was working with the government on the down low. It's not as if Fury and Tasky announced their team-up.

Not the greatest showing, but not bad overall, IMO

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

The anthology book is available now. Kindle has some of the first stories for free.

The first story is by Maurice Broaddus with Queend Divine Justice as the storyteller. It's fire. The closest I've ever seen to Priest. Its within his continuity too.
    is it considered csnon?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Bought it this morning and damn you were right. MindofShadow if you read this story and still hate QDJ you have no heart lol. She’s a great character and honestly her and Okoye should be representing the Dora, hopefully the MA slink off into obscurity after Coates. The story about T’Challa and the Wild Seeds (fantastic reference) was amazing too.

Vibranium mutates are the wave and T’Challa continues to be a really engaging guy to follow when put in the hands of someone that understands what makes him tick. I’m about to get to the Shuri and Bashenga stories tomorrow. Overall some of the most consistently solid BP content we’ve gotten since Redjack’s BPQ.
    So what your saying is that there is another potential writer to add to our wish list with RJ?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    is it considered csnon?
    No. It's just random stories, but if they wanted, they could squeeze them into canon. I'm only a third of the way through though.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Just read it.

I'm not too bummed by this. Taskmaster is no joke. At least it wasn't short.

.... Have the HZ ever NOT jobbed lol?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    .... Have the HZ ever NOT jobbed lol?
    Like what other nameless group? Name of the game

I do miss their cloaks, though. And Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Like what other nameless group? Name of the game

I do miss their cloaks, though. And Hunter
    Yeah I mean... that dude Akili or whatever who ran up to Tetu and... hit him with a rifle (lolol) might be the greatest HZ on panel other than Hunter. By Far
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So what your saying is that there is another potential writer to add to our wish list with RJ?
    The way these short stories read they feel like really well executed one shots. They’re all by different authors but read together they’re consistently great so far (I’ve read 3 stories). Idk if that’s enough to go off of to say they’re the best for the BP solo but Sheree Reneé Thomas (a poet I’ve been following for a few years) seems like she’d do something great if she could handle the comic medium. Same goes for Marcus Broaddus, who would probably feel like a spiritual successor to Priest. Cadwell Turnbull wrote one of the most underrated sci-fi novels of 2019 and his Killmonger story was really solid. I’d prefer if they got their feet wet with some actual comic series before I put them on my list of top BP comic scribes. Everyone’s blown me away in book form but comics are a different beast altogether lol.

That said I think there’s a good chance Nnedi Okorafor gets the gig for the next BP solo. She wrote 3 miniseries during the Coates era, is a black woman, and plays well into the literary/non-traditional comic buyer crowd Marvel is pushing the franchise to. Her comic work has been mixed though, her Shuri and Dora miniseries were wack and her Long Live the King mini was average at best. She has decent ideas but for such a strong novelist I find her dialogue in comics weak. Also concerned she might double down on what Coates did (T’Challa outshined by new side characters, Orisha origins, etc.) Obviously nothin is confirmed but Okorafor is to me the most likely follow up.
    Last edited by chief12d; 03-10-2021 at 03:38 PM.