Page 188 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288688 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    So in short your just lowballing Task Master? Someone who can copy the moves of anyone he sees. And most likely he's seen the best in the world. Including Tchalla, Shang Chi, and Iron Fist
    This is exactly it.

Taskmaster has stale mated numerous metas before, hes beaten elektra, stomped frank, and if I rmemeber correctly he fought Peter and Miles at the same time and stalemated at worst.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I don't remember

But, speaking from experience, once you get the first ban, the other 2 come much quicker lol

I don't know why you are exaggerating man. Okoye got her licks in too.

Ain't like she got treated like the HZ.

And she didn't have a bloody lip at the end either.

This was a fight for "sport." He went right back to the dungeon afterwards. It isn't like he was escaping Wakanda or anything. He insulted them, they decided to fight him hand-to-hand (instead of, you know, just shooting him lol) due to pride. That is all.

Y'all are reading into this too much lol.

Wakanda was "unconquered" because of warriors AND advanced technology AND the black panther. If they really though Taskmaster was haloing into "conquer" wakanda, they would have simply shot him lol
    The fight between Okoye and Taskamster was five pages and she gave as good as she got. People need to read up on dude.

Natasha ain't going to fight Taskmaster H2H. She intends to kill him and she doesn't need to stand in front of him to do it.

So in short your just lowballing Task Master? Someone who can copy the moves of anyone he sees. And most likely he's seen the best in the world. Including Tchalla, Shang Chi, and Iron Fist
    And Cap and DD.

The stories are still solid, the current one Im on spoilers:
    Moses Magnum is the villain. It references McDuffees' Deathlok story where he took over Cannan. Storm is in it and it's the first time she and Tchalla talk after the flood. He was a cold play at the part I'm at. Lol

“You are a distraction, Ororo,” he said. "A greater one than I’ve ever known.” She pinned her lips; part hurt, part irritation. “Then I’ll leave your chamber,” she said. “Wake me for the fight.” “I have another idea,” he said. “Most of what distracts me is… not knowing.” “Not knowing what, T’Challa?” Instead of answering, he touched her chin. “Not knowing… if I may kiss you.”
    end of spoilers

I gotta use that one day. Lol

spoilers:
    And it worked. But the writer is story accurate because she's with Logan. But that don't matter tonight. Lol
    end of spoilers
    As much as we hate it. Can you imagine the level of Pop Culture domination seems like that would have in the movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I think Jemele Hill dropped the ball not following up with Coogler about the process to remove T'Challa entirely. Its a touchy subject, but she should have went into the process and decision making to go a different direction. It wouldnt have pleased everyone, but it could have given some peace, understanding and clarity.
    Meh, what’s done is done. I’ve already made peace with T’Challa not being in the film and therefore have decided not see it along with anything Black Panther related on film for the foreseeable future until Marvel budges on recasting. It is what it is.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Meh, what’s done is done. I’ve already made peace with T’Challa not being in the film and therefore have decided not see it along with anything Black Panther related on film for the foreseeable future until Marvel budges on recasting. It is what it is.

I see articles on the movie on comicbookmovies or reddit and I just skip on by now. Is what it is.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I see articles on the movie on comicbookmovies or reddit and I just skip on by now. Is what it is.
    So, two more joining us in the light of righteousness and truth! Lol I don't even bother responding to BP movie news anymore. Soon we will be legions!!! ...on a sidenote, I get stalemate going or even beating Okoye. I'm just not comfortable with TM being able to get with Miles or Peter. Both have way enhanced speed and strength. Their fighting style is like 4th or 5th in terms of what makes them dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So, two more joining us in the light of righteousness and truth! Lol I don't even bother responding to BP movie news anymore. Soon we will be legions!!! ...on a sidenote, I get stalemate going or even beating Okoye. I'm just not comfortable with TM being able to get with Miles or Peter. Both have way enhanced speed and strength. Their fighting style is like 4th or 5th in terms of what makes them dangerous.
    They probably justify TM getting one over them based on the fact that neither Peter or Miles have formal combat training, even though it makes no sense same reason the bat-family always gets one over on people with powers. Shang Chi actually taught Peter kung fu, but that was retconned out. Ive always felt that they should, because they have super strength and could kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    From memory, I think Miles was super caught off guard/inexperienced and it showed against TM but I can't remmeber fully. it was during Spider-Men 1 or 2

Taskmaster ran, so he definitely knew he was toast lol

I don't remember

But, speaking from experience, once you get the first ban, the other 2 come much quicker lol

I don't know why you are exaggerating man. Okoye got her licks in too.

Ain't like she got treated like the HZ.

And she didn't have a bloody lip at the end either.

This was a fight for "sport." He went right back to the dungeon afterwards. It isn't like he was escaping Wakanda or anything. He insulted them, they decided to fight him hand-to-hand (instead of, you know, just shooting him lol) due to pride. That is all.

Y'all are reading into this too much lol.

Wakanda was "unconquered" because of warriors AND advanced technology AND the black panther. If they really though Taskmaster was haloing into "conquer" wakanda, they would have simply shot him lol
    At this point, I am leaning more towards your mindset of wakanda I would sacrifice 10k redshirts to see the get a massive feat against a big deal antagonist (so long as they sacrifice doesn't become a pyrrhic victory for him) and show why he is the most dangerous man alive. We just saw that with RJ. I want more. Personally I would also build up wakanda into a tier system for redshirts and show off the might of Wakanda.. but it would be done so as an extension of T'Challa. Everything is done by his bidding, if he ain't around they are basically waiting for their leader to lead them.. as Redjack so perfectly said it " The Black Panther IS Wakanda"

Astonishing Member

Okoye lasting as long as she did is a feat. She’s not a Black Widow-level combatant in my eyes and that’s perfectly fine. Her being a C-tier fighter doesn’t hurt T’Challa so I don’t care. Black Widow only even has a chance against Taskmaster because she has a movie coming out and is using long range weapons.

HZ have been redshirts since their inception so no surprise they were dispatched with ease. That’s the whole point, they only look badass against other redshirts just like the Dora, the Drift, or any other elite fighting force in fiction. Nothing was gained in this issue but nothing was lost. If anything Okoye comes off more competent than I think most people would previously have given her credit for lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That's the best thing to do. Why bother getting worked up over this when they've already made up their minds.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    At this point, I am leaning more towards your mindset of wakanda I would sacrifice 10k redshirts to see the get a massive feat against a big deal antagonist (so long as they sacrifice doesn't become a pyrrhic victory for him) and show why he is the most dangerous man alive. We just saw that with RJ. I want more. Personally I would also build up wakanda into a tier system for redshirts and show off the might of Wakanda.. but it would be done so as an extension of T'Challa. Everything is done by his bidding, if he ain't around they are basically waiting for their leader to lead them.. as Redjack so perfectly said it " The Black Panther IS Wakanda"
    Yup I’m not very concerned about the competence of BP side characters unless they’re the lead of some sort of mini or ongoing. They exist to be chess pieces and allies to T’Challa, fueling his arc and the overall narrative of the mythos which is “defend Wakanda” and “turn Wakanda into a force for global good”. So yea Okoye not putting THAT much of a fight against TM doesn’t bother me. She’s alive and she got her licks/jokes in, what more could you ask for from a character of her status? All things considered her and the HZ did a solid job. But like you said, I wouldn’t be mad at seeing more specialized redshirts, as long as they have a well defined role in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah, it don't make sense to give some no name, random HZ a feat that should go to BP. Okoye did good, she stood toe-to-toe with Taskmaster and lasted more than five minutes. She proved herself.

I mean, dude coulda slit Hyperion's throat int eh second issue lol