Page 192 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Redjack making her an alchemist was brilliant. Magic and science merged in one discipline in a way that allows Shuri to be useful without crabbing from her brother.
    I agree, that's a perfect role for her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Agree with all of this. Hell not even Ayo and Aneka have taken off like Coates and his crew hoped that they would (even though the former had the famous “move or you will be moved” line from Civil War). I know some people in this thread have a little bit of reservations towards him but I still think Evan Narcisse would be a good choice for a successor since unlike Coates you can tell he loves the character.
    The first Black Panther film immortalized Okoye as the definitive Dora Milaje. That killed Ayo and Aneka’s chances of being the face of that organization, thankfully. But since I strongly believe the Dora are gonna get pushed in the MCU (it’s possible if not likely the Wakanda D+ series will focus on them), they’re actually one of the Coates era characters I expect to live on and perhaps grow in popularity. There was no chance they were gonna get killed off in the comics anyway since they’re homosexuals. And they’re the only Dora that have gotten some kind of development. If we get a Dora Milaje D+ series Ayo and Aneka will probably continue to be relevant in BP comics, even if they’re not on the level of Okoye.

Evan Narcisse’s got the potential but I truly don’t want anymore neophytes handling BP. He did solid with Rise and the Miles Morales game was amazing but I’m too burned by Coates to want anymore writers that don’t have decent experience writing comics. I’d say give him World of Wakanda vol 2 and let him run wild there for a year or two before giving him the keys to the kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I could see a LOOSE adaptation of A Nation Under Our Feet, but I think it’ll be so altered from the comic version that a lot of the elements and results of that story won’t match the comics. I don’t see a Constitutional monarchy happening in MCU Wakanda. But I could see a faction of Dora Milaje being separated from the crown led by Ayo and Aneka. I think the Dora are gonna get a huge push so Okoye is gonna need friends. The Midnight Angels are inevitable.

I’ve already accepted that Disney Marvel is stupid and will probably try to bring in someone to continue the Coates direction. Roxanne Gay or someone like her (female, little comic experience, strong social media presence) seems likely IMO. But maybe the commercial failure of this run pushes Marvel to go the more conventional route. Redjack not getting the nod feels like a red flag though. Unless Disney Marvel wants to move away from Coates and simply preferred a different pitch.
    Bro if they do an adaptation of ANUOF before any Priest or Hudlin, they crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    The first Black Panther film immortalized Okoye as the definitive Dora Milaje. That killed Ayo and Aneka’s chances of being the face of that organization, thankfully. But since I strongly believe the Dora are gonna get pushed in the MCU (it’s possible if not likely the Wakanda D+ series will focus on them), they’re actually one of the Coates era characters I expect to live on and perhaps grow in popularity. There was no chance they were gonna get killed off in the comics anyway since they’re homosexuals. And they’re the only Dora that have gotten some kind of development. If we get a Dora Milaje D+ series Ayo and Aneka will probably continue to be relevant in BP comics, even if they’re not on the level of Okoye.

Evan Narcisse’s got the potential but I truly don’t want anymore neophytes handling BP. He did solid with Rise and the Miles Morales game was amazing but I’m too burned by Coates to want anymore writers that don’t have decent experience writing comics. I’d say give him World of Wakanda vol 2 and let him run wild there for a year or two before giving him the keys to the kingdom.
    I’ve made it clear by now that I’m not giving Black Panther 2 any of my time or attention, but I’m more than willing to give the Wakanda D+ show a chance. Especially seeing how Wandavision turned out and my excitement for Falcon and Winter Soldier.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Bro if they do an adaptation of ANUOF before any Priest or Hudlin, they crazy.
    The only upside to ANUOF getting adapted is that T’Challa won’t be there to get chumped out.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperCameron View Post
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...-boseman-loss/
    Nothing super new here guys, just that the script for the sequel was probably already done, and Martin Freeman will be returning.
    Interesting, considering that Feigi claimed that they we're already going to a more Wakanda focused sequel, which was obviously bullshit, it again just reinforces why they should of waited. Done the D+ series to give time to grieve and time to find a good successor to follow Chad's work and continue the legacy and T'Challas story

I agree, that's a perfect role for her.
    Literally Redjacks whole KiB is how the franchise should go forward. Shuri had a defined role, it's separate from T'Challa, gives her an avenue that T'Challa doesn't occupy, and her own space to grow into her own character. T'Challa is THE guy, man with a plan and everyone felt hope come back when T'Challa was on the scene. That's how it should be. Plus I am interested in his crocodile character, sheathe, ha d of bast, and what he would do with the HZ and Doras

The only upside to ANUOF getting adapted is that T’Challa won’t be there to get chumped out.
    Who will Ayo and Aneka blame for "No One Man"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Literally Redjacks whole KiB is how the franchise should go forward. Shuri had a defined role, it's separate from T'Challa, gives her an avenue that T'Challa doesn't occupy, and her own space to grow into her own character. T'Challa is THE guy, man with a plan and everyone felt hope come back when T'Challa was on the scene. That's how it should be. Plus I am interested in his crocodile character, sheathe, ha d of bast, and what he would do with the HZ and Doras
    Yeah, too bad that we won't get any Redjack BP.

I'll be getting the John Stewart GL though.

Ultimate Member

Anyways, who’s ready for the Coates era to finally be over next month?
    PAST ready.....

Because it means few "folks" in here trying to demand Panther fans to worship Coates. No more being told to accept and celebrate crumbs because it fits THEIR agenda.

Which I don't get because at the end of the day-

Coates got Superman.
    There will be a Black Panther (in name) movie and Wakanda series.
    Shuri is still being pushed outside media with her own books.
    Black Panther volume 9 will happen SOMEDAY

What did they get? Every dollar they spent on this book benefitted PANTHER. Their hyping of the book benefitted PANTHER. Throwing shade at Redjack & Spectrum did what good?
    At the end if the day MARVEL used them. That is what Marvel did.

Oh well Everybody be sure to support Green Lantern next month (got mine pre-ordered) and see what could have been.

Ultimate Member

They will blame the first empty Black Panther suit they can find or a resurrected Killmonger.

They can blame Tchaka lol he didnt do anything good in the movie anyway and its not like Tchalla is gonna be around to defend his honor or tell about the kind of father he was as a young man since we skipped all that orgin stuff.
    Last edited by Ekie; 03-17-2021 at 04:58 PM.

They’ll probably blame M’Baku or whatever random male Wakandan that MCU shills think should be the new BP. Or they’ll blame Shuri and go “no one woman” instead.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Also, I cant think of a single thing id keep from coats run (I ly bought one issue after the slanderous interviews). I have a general knowledge from the forums and even the villains seem lackluster in an already crowded and underexplored field. Maybe the plane designs but that might be stelfreeze.

Yeah, too bad that we won't get any Redjack BP.

I'll be getting the John Stewart GL though.
    I wonder how RJs KiB sold. I'm very salty about it. Such glowing reviews and legit a great story. Everything we wanted and asked for in that issue. It blew tf a out of all Coates BS. And the characters felt... Real? Like the had actual personality to them and not all talking in the same tone and dull