Page 454 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554954 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 15079
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    McGregors world building was very good his Tchalla though was weak imo
    I agree. I am really wondering if the Coates fans can actually compare and contrast, though. I mean, without cribbing. McGregors BP is what I believe is the closest to Coates run there is. And as an intellectual exerise wondered if, point by point, the current Coates fans could share their thoughts on the similarities and differences.
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 05-31-2021 at 08:12 AM.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I mentioned it earlier but I hope that BP goes to places like Madripoor, Japan and Russia. Should really get some good stories if T'Challa winds up in these places. I'd also like to a very obscure character to return...Kwai Far daughter of Han as the head of a new organization. She has potential.
    I’d want some old school villains like Madame Slay to return. I know I said it a million times but both her and Baron Macabre would greatly benefit from upgrades to their power set.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I agree. I am really wondering if the Coates fans can actually compare and contrast, though. I mean, without cribbing. McGregors BP is what I believe is the closest to Coates run there is. And as an intellectual exerise wondered if, point by point, the current Coates fans could share their thoughts on the similarities and differences.
    imma PM Matt_Murdock to get his thoughts.

Since he is actually an old fan who as read McGregor, including Panther Quest.

But I am pretty sure the ones that haven't even bothered to read Priest haven't read McGregor.

There are a LOT of similarities though.

Rape Camps vs Crack in Wakanda, what's worse? lol

For me, (im not a fan so not what you are asking), Panther's Rage is vastly better than everything Coates wrote, but the rest of McGregor's stuff is below it (KKK, Quest, Prey).

McGregor's Killmonger is vastly superior to any villain Coates wrote. Hell, Solomon might be too, but its been awhile since I read it.

I also felt like McGregor respected Wakanda and the lore a lot more than Coates.

Both of their T'challa's were WEAK and needed saving though. Coates T'challa is mentally weak while McGregors T'challa is a tough SOB who might as well be powerless he gets beat up so much by everyone lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

Comparing McGregors world building and map with Coates'. T'Challa's love interest and Wakandan reaction to each. The personal conflict Tchalla has in each of their runs with being king is different, but comparable. The introduction of side characters, both villians and allies. The pace. Oh my god, the pace was similar. Killmonger. So much so I wonder if Coates used McGregors as an outline in places.
    Last edited by MouserGrey; 05-31-2021 at 08:35 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But I am pretty sure the ones that haven't even bothered to read Priest haven't read McGregor.

For me, (im not a fan so not what you are asking), Panther's Rage is vastly better than everything Coates wrote, but the rest of McGregor's stuff is below it (KKK, Quest, Prey).

McGregor's Killmonger is vastly superior to any villain Coates wrote. Hell, Solomon might be too, but its been awhile since I read it.

I also felt like McGregor respected Wakanda and the lore a lot more than Coates.

Both of their T'challa's were WEAK and needed saving though. Coates T'challa is mentally weak while McGregors T'challa is a tough SOB who might as well be powerless he gets beat up so much by everyone lol.
    Them not having read is my point. If they had, they would not think Coates was so innovative. I want them to bring their thoughts and comparisons without cribbing from the collective memory and knowledge of the other posters. Give them no hints.

I mentioned it earlier but I hope that BP goes to places like Madripoor, Japan and Russia. Should really get some good stories if T'Challa winds up in these places. I'd also like to a very obscure character to return...Kwai Far daughter of Han as the head of a new organization. She has potential.
    That would be cool to see. Especially Russia, with what's going on is JA Avengers, that would be a fun stop

I would say though, at the very least McGregors T'Challa got the isht kicked out of him yes, but he could do some damage too, like killing dinosaurs actually beating villain's despite getting beat up, and was allowed to do Cool stuff every once and awhile. Coates panther in surprised he didn't delegate someone to wipe his own. Ass with how much help he had

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    Not a fan of McGregor's BP in the slightest but I will say that I think he respected the characters and Wakanda far more than Coates.

Coates T'Challa and Wakanda were gravely flawed to the point that it was no longer a unique place and T'Challa didn't stand out among other characters in his own series. He took any kind of negative aspect and blew it into such proportions that Wakanda and BP weren't the same. Wakanda become just another place in the MU and T'Challa another schmoe in long johns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That would be cool to see. Especially Russia, with what's going on is JA Avengers, that would be a fun stop
    Black Panther vs Red Widow would be a good ongoing rivalry. They have alot in common.

They both play the long game, have mad skills and are good leaders and strategist. Both can be an enigma.

If the story has her, how about a "three the hard way" feel with Tchalla, Danny, and Shang Chi?

I'd even go as far to have Tchalla rock an afro in homage to Jim Kelly. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If the story has her, how about a "three the hard way" feel with Tchalla, Danny, and Shang Chi?

I'd even go as far to have Tchalla rock an afro in homage to Jim Kelly. Lol
    Not if they throw those mutton chop side burns in there.

Black Panther vs Red Widow would be a good ongoing rivalry. They have alot in common.

They both play the long game, have mad skills and are good leaders and strategist. Both can be an enigma.
    Exactly, I think they should of been interacting and having that rivalry, just like his rivalry with Kyle. He should have political rivals that are constantly trying to outmaneuver him and give us that network of espionage we like to see him tackle.

looks like its about 25 dollars new on amazon which probably means its like 15-20 if I look harder lol

Might be worth it once BP is out. Surely there is at least 20 hours of entertainment right?

Its a full on expansion with wakandan content and a full 3d map so Ill definitely get my monies worth exploring sections of Wakanda in detail. This is the first time wakanda has been in a game with 3d detail like this. The fighting is good enough to get moments of "feeling" like you are Tchalla or other heros all be it repetitive after long play
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-31-2021 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    McGregors world building was very good his Tchalla though was weak imo
    Ppls understanding of Tchalla is sooo up and down simply because since they dont see him shooting lightning from his eyes or tossing trucks with his pinky that he must be a weaker Daredevil-esk figure with resouces.

If Reed Richards or Dr Doom removed Thor from a battle field by outsmarting him and having plans then I doubt these same complainers would bat an eye. Thats the level Tchalla operates at and has since he debuted vs the F4

NO ONE IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE should be comfortable in a confrontation with Tchalla. Doesnt mean he should always win.
    Last edited by Ekie; 05-31-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    A little bit of positivity got you upset. Sounds like a you problem. Edited: to not be disrespectful.

I hope you read my later post. What Coates did doesnt erase the great stuff before it. Thats still there for people can go back to it. Just like now Coates run gave us something different. You saw safe, others saw careful. You saw weak and others saw strength in allowing yourself to be vulnerable. We got Ridley coming up. Maybe that will float your boat. However, NOPE the more I look the reality is that its more positive than negative. Hopefully we'll be unified with Ridley :shrugs:

you are preaching today my friend!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So when Ridley takes over and we get a run focusing on T'Challa and his world with a new LI we should see you every month on Wednesday commenting on the run about T'Challa yes?
    I've done it before and if I choose so in the future I will.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!