Page 461 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 361411451457458459460461462463464465471511561961 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post

Or Letitia Wright burned too many bridges at Disney...
    At this rate, don’t be surprised if someone asks her about the vaccine misinformation incident. Because if there’s one thing Twitter is good at, it’s digging up old shit when you least expect it. Just ask James Gunn.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Oh and Okoye was definitely a boss in Iron Fist. Love that she’s been getting a lot of attention lately.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Oh and Okoye was definitely a boss in Iron Fist. Love that she’s been getting a lot of attention lately.
    You mean to tell me supporting characters can have moments in the spotlight without diminishing the main character?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I legit think it's interesting how Okoye is getting a bigger push that Shuri, I could honestly see her getting an ongoing and being the first to branch off BP for her own adventures with success before Shuri can. She is simple to bail down and doesn't have conflicting traits like Shuri. Plus with the MCU rumor's going around and you might say she will have the next BP character outside T'Challa or stand on their own
    Okoye is a stock “badass warrior” character. She just says a couple cool lines here and there while kicking some ass. She’s a difficult character to mess up as compared to Shuri who’s in flux due to the clashing MCU and comic influences. Some writers can properly merge the two like Thorne but you have some like Eve Ewing who completely infantilize her and make her a “peer” to Ms. Marvel and Ironheart.

You never know which version of Shuri you’re gonna get whereas Okoye is such a simple character you pretty know you’re getting what amounts to a redshirt with plot armor lol. Happy to see she’s getting a push and hopefully Ridley adds some texture to her character. I don’t think she’s getting her own MCU show, but I do think she’ll be the lead of the Dora Milaje spin-off project Coogler’s been talking about since 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, before the 90s, all heroes were passive, reacting the villain plots
    I've never understood why "heroes are only reactive" is viewed as a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    That seriously might be the most impressive physical feats T'challa has managed... ever? in Immortal Hulk.

holy shit lol

spoilers:
    dagger through the eyes hurting Hulk, cutt of his arm with his claws, then speared the dude to the point Jen turned traitor to save Hulk lol.
    end of spoilers

Gotdamn Ewing. Invite Ewing to the BBQ lol
    The most dangerous man alive, when Ewing is on he’s the best main writer over has but when he off we get big missteps like Ultimates. I’d like to see Ewing try Ultimates again with BP, Spectrum, Blue Marvel & Hulk at the core no Mac or Carol & Big G nonsense to hold it book back

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Okoye is a stock “badass warrior” character. She just says a couple cool lines here and there while kicking some ass. She’s a difficult character to mess up as compared to Shuri who’s in flux due to the clashing MCU and comic influences. Some writers can properly merge the two like Thorne but you have some like Eve Ewing who completely infantilize her and make her a “peer” to Ms. Marvel and Ironheart.

You never know which version of Shuri you’re gonna get whereas Okoye is such a simple character you pretty know you’re getting what amounts to a redshirt with plot armor lol. Happy to see she’s getting a push and hopefully Ridley adds some texture to her character. I don’t think she’s getting her own MCU show, but I do think she’ll be the lead of the Dora Milaje spin-off project Coogler’s been talking about since 2017.
    Lol, no sooner than you could utter it, we now have a final deal where Okoye is getting a show. Overall it's whatever. I hate that What If series is the only other talk we'll be doing with T'Challa aside from his solo title.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Oh and Okoye was the main character of hte Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon mini btw

So, if you like the character, check it out.

spoilers:
    Poor Danny, he gave up his Iron Fist nad gave it to Okoye lol. Depowered again.

Okoye ended up giving up the powers though but she defeated the main boss
    end of spoilers

Not a bad day for TEam Wakanda lol
    I dislike Danny as concept so haaaaahhhaaa lol, I’ll definitely finished the mini now I stop at issue 2

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I've been following that book. Some real good things for Okoye.

It's good we get to see Wakandans other than BP do some badassery . And it's outside of a BP book.

Anyone know what's going on with the Wakandan Valkyrie?
    Wakandan Valkyrie? When/where did this happen my brother?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've never understood why "heroes are only reactive" is viewed as a bad thing.
    Because sometimes it's nice to see the heroes motivate the story. That's my guess, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Wakandan Valkyrie? When/where did this happen my brother?
    I could be wrong but I could have sworn I saw somewhere that one of the new Valkyries was connected to Wakanda. I'll have to dig for the info.

BANNED

I wonder if the same people praising Ewing for T'challa here will give him the same praise when he has Hulk use T'challa as a literal baseball bat in issue 49...

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I wonder if the same people praising Ewing for T'challa here will give him the same praise when he has Hulk use T'challa as a literal baseball bat in issue 49...

Even the best writers have some flaws here and there when it comes to the portrayal of T'Challa. The problem is when it's done consistently over a long period of time, which starts to get annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Eh, when the Avengers first showed up in the previous issue, we all expected the Avengers and Tchalla to get the shit beat out of them.

And no one in here complained when Hulk beat hte shit out of T'challa nd blew up his suit when Hulk first met the Avengers in this run.

So... we'd probably laugh it off. Hulk is a beast and this version is uber beastly.