Page 535 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 35435485525531532533534535536537538539545585635 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think the ultimate problem with BP and Namor is that Hickman didn't allow T'Challa to kill him to set them straight and equal again. Like at the end of TRO cap and Tony are able to move on because end the end they both die trying to kill each other with allows them to reset. Hickman had two chance's to do that. Have T'Challa kill Namor when he was with BB, and when he had the IG (which I still say low key he did reflect that beam into Namor) but because he didn't they can't reset now so they cant go back to how it used to be
    Yeah, BP and Namor can never be square when things haven't really been resolved better than what they are between them. The Skrulls killed less people in SWaD and T'Challa murked them all. Even with different circumstances, same rule should apply.

Ultimate Member

I think that's fine, I don't read DC but I am assuming that supes isn't portrayed as. Goofball type when he is with Batman so it's okay of Thor was serious at times. I think having them two of them, both being monarchs with different approaches, could work really well and Could be fun considering Thor would have lighthearted moments alot of the time until it called for being serious.

Plus I don't want T'Challa being paired with a c-d list Character to raise their profile, he needs to be with A listers to help bring him up and solidify himself as one first before he can start bringing other characters up.
    T'Challa is already an A-lister, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Supes is the boy scout unless they do an Elseworld story where he's an evil god(Injustice Among Us).
    So basically T'Challa and Cap and bats and supes.

T'Challa and Cage, written like Hudlins version was super fun.
    Honestly pair T'Challa up with an A lister and just have a blast with it at this point. Gimme a good story

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    T'Challa is already an A-lister, isn't he?
    Not in comic sales wise, no.

You have Spider-Man as an AAA Lister lol.

Then you got peeps like Thor, Cap, Hulk, Deadpool, Logan, Daredevil, Iron Man as "A Listers" aka always have a solo no matter what and they tend to sell rather decently. Of course, you would have the mainline Avenger and X-men book here too.

(then you got punisher in this weird middle ground where he never reaches the peaks of other A listers but dude seems to consistently sell at above cancellation forever)

BP is more in that Strange, Carol, Miles, GoG range.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah, BP and Namor can never be square when things haven't really been resolved better than what they are between them. The Skrulls killed less people in SWaD and T'Challa murked them all. Even with different circumstances, same rule should apply.
    Yeah, it was also a mess up by JA when Namor was all pissed at T'Challa on Avengers and he didn't have T'Challa correct him by saying it was he who it was that attacked first.

Mighty Member

I like T'Challa and Cap teaming up, but I dunno if BB would be the best since he can't talk to T'Challa. I would almost say he needs someone like Thor, a person who can make up for the stuff he lacks.

BM works but he is a D lister unfortunately
    Eiiiiii, you guy..... So you think Tchalla is incapable of reading Bolt's body language and being proficient in Bolt's whatever Inhuman sign language?!?

It would be nice to get stories focusing on duos with BP.

BP with Hulk then with Thor then with Blue Marvel then with Sentry then with Shang Chi then with Ironfist then with Magneto, Prof.X, Bishop, Blade, Rambeau, Dr.Voodoo, Dr.Strange, Nova (Richard Rider), StarLord, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, One of the Eternals, Reed Richards, Emma frost and, Misty Knight, Falcon and Carol/Captn marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Eiiiiii, you guy..... So you think Tchalla is incapable of reading Bolt's body language and being proficient in Bolt's whatever Inhuman sign language?!?
    He can.

But it would just be T'challa, and already quiet character historically, translating BB... a super duper quiet character.

I love me some BB but he isn't exactly the perfect partner for a Duo book if the other character isn't chatty.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Not in comic sales wise, no.

You have Spider-Man as an AAA Lister lol.

Then you got peeps like Thor, Cap, Hulk, Deadpool, Logan, Daredevil, Iron Man as "A Listers" aka always have a solo no matter what and they tend to sell rather decently. Of course, you would have the mainline Avenger and X-men book here too.

(then you got punisher in this weird middle ground where he never reaches the peaks of other A listers but dude seems to consistently sell at above cancellation forever)

BP is more in that Strange, Carol, Miles, GoG range.
    Makes sense, but I'd say he's still fairly recognizable. Plus some team characters have more appearances and popularity than some solo ones so I wouldn't totally say have a solo makes one an A-lister.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Dora's and Hatute can be in the same book since both are basically security of Wakanda and royalty oriented

Shuri and her personal team P.R.I.D.E (Vibraxas and QDJ can be part of this team) can have their own book (

BP/Tchalla will have his own book interlinking all his activities personal missions, Avengers, Wakanda, outer-world/space issues with other civilisations, meeting up with and supporting and /or coodonating whatever is in the Dora/Hatute and the Shuri books.
    Haven't we tried all this though? I feel like it's proven that none of these supporting characters can hold a title. A Dora book sounds great but how many of these wakanda forever fans from the MC you actually going to go out and support it? Same with Shuri and her three different incarnations.

They're putting out a new "Wakanda" book. I think all these side characters and side groups should all be shoved into that one space for actual development

BP and namor. Yeah, lines got crossed but it isn't gonna get any better than that. Why did they have namor flood wakanda? You can't walk back from that smh

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    BP and namor. Yeah, lines got crossed but it isn't gonna get any better than that. Why did they have namor flood wakanda? You can't walk back from that smh
    What he did with the Black Order was much worse than AvX.

AvX could be blamed on the Phoenix and Emma. He was rescuing a mutant and fighting his enemies at the tme (the avengers hiding there). That is an easy out if they wanted to.

Ain't no out for what he did sending Thanos to Wakanda and then teaming up with them to obliterate it. He did that out of spite becaues Shuri outsmarted him and the Wakandans kicked Atlantis ass.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 06-28-2021 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    He can.

But it would just be T'challa, and already quiet character historically, translating BB... a super duper quiet character.

I love me some BB but he isn't exactly the perfect partner for a Duo book if the other character isn't chatty.
    Yeah this, you need a more chatty character to play off of. Hudlin didn't do bad with this in his BB team up but you need someone to make up for T'Challas silence. He had deadpan humor but you gotta have the chatter box so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Haven't we tried all this though? I feel like it's proven that none of these supporting characters can hold a title. A Dora book sounds great but how many of these wakanda forever fans from the MC you actually going to go out and support it? Same with Shuri and her three different incarnations.

They're putting out a new "Wakanda" book. I think all these side characters and side groups should all be shoved into that one space for actual development
    Any Wakanda spin-off title has to be tightly connected to the main BP solo. Characters, plots running over etc. No one but a handful of people will care about what's going in in World of Wakanda if it doesn't have anything to do with whatever's going on in BP. Even Agents of Wakanda lasted longer than WoW and they had fewer Wakandans.

Astonishing Member

Any Wakanda spin-off title has to be tightly connected to the main BP solo. Characters, plots running over etc. No one but a handful of people will care about what's going in in World of Wakanda if it doesn't have anything to do with whatever's going on in BP. Even Agents of Wakanda lasted longer than WoW and they had fewer Wakandans.
    I agree mostly. AOW did better than the other spin-offs because they embraced T'Challa and positioned him as a lead both on the cover and the actual story. Sure Okoye was in charge and got lots of time to shine, but T'Challa was right there propping up sales in a way that WOW and Shuri just didn't. It also had the Avengers brand backing it up.

And even AOW did bad commercially lol, BP is not a multi-book brand the way Spider-Man and Batman are. His own book barely stays out the cancellation zone. The only way we get a long term BP secondary book is if it's done with the same strategy as Ms. Marvel which is forget the direct market (or at least do the bare minimum), and then overperform dramatically AND consistently in the indirect market (like Scholastic and digital).

But BP spin-offs can only do that when they're leeching off of MCU/early Coates hype hence why we've seen a slow down in their release since roughly 2019. I expect a new slate of Dora, Shuri, and M'Baku minis early next year. But a legitimate ongoing companion series akin to Detective Comics? Highly unlikely. It can only happen if there's insane interest in the main BP title, which is why the most important thing Marvel needs to do if they want BP to sustain multiple books is make sure the main title is a commercial and critical hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post

A tight solid plot and story doing globe trotting, espionage, and high octane action with T'Challa having a presence is how a Wakandan spin off could work. I bet RJ could do it. Hell I would want him to do one in the meantime while Ridley does the solo if it meant he got to use T'Challa and could use that as his in to take over after Ridley.