Page 547 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The fact that they barely delayed the sequel despite Coogler having to do a full rewrite, adding in Namor, and Feige having the ball's to Claim that Wakanda was always the focus and that they sequel was always going to focus more on Wakanda then black panther is telling. Unlike the the first film, where things were falling into place and the right people came together, this seems to be doing the opposite. No time to grieve, shifting focus away from the title Character to focus on the support cast (something that would be better suited as a D+ series) and given comment's in interviews from many people including the bits from Coogler, seems like everyone is ragged, and no one really has a true direction. It's a disaster mounting with every bit of new information that comes to light. It was already going to be tough WITH Chadwick around. Now?...
    Martin Freeman joking about “hopefully it won’t be terrible” seems pretty sus as well. Not to mention that after Chadwick died, Disney (according to Freeman) came in and essentially said, “hey we’re sorry about Chadwick, but we still need to get this movie out on time”.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I mean given interviews about his story it sounded like he legitimately thought it was going to be a one and done so he just reimagined Wakanda as always being advanced because that made the most sense. I get that it's a big feat taking from T'Challa by not having him advance Wakanda, but thinking about it, I would prefer a mixed version of Hudlins and priest. Maybe T'Challa doesn't single handily advance Wakanda, however, having it be that he went to Western countries to advance Wakanda also didn't make sense either.

Or are you talking about the event?
    That makes sense.
    I was refering to that change plus the addition of Shuri existing and a few other minor things.
    That said I enjoyed his run and am grateful for it.
    Just prefer Liss

Storm and Black Panther should remarry to save Krakoa.

Some people just won't let this thing die.

The fact that they barely delayed the sequel despite Coogler having to do a full rewrite, adding in Namor, and Feige having the ball's to Claim that Wakanda was always the focus and that they sequel was always going to focus more on Wakanda then black panther is telling. Unlike the the first film, where things were falling into place and the right people came together, this seems to be doing the opposite. No time to grieve, shifting focus away from the title Character to focus on the support cast (something that would be better suited as a D+ series) and given comment's in interviews from many people including the bits from Coogler, seems like everyone is ragged, and no one really has a true direction. It's a disaster mounting with every bit of new information that comes to light. It was already going to be tough WITH Chadwick around. Now?...

I can’t wait to see the look on Feige’s face after the sequel doesn’t do as good as the first film, since he wants to focus on Wakanda so much and not Black Panther. It’s an idiotic move, and he’s in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post

I can’t wait to see the look on Feige’s face after the sequel doesn’t do as good as the first film, since he wants to focus on Wakanda so much and not Black Panther. It’s an idiotic move, and he’s in for a rude awakening.
    I honestly don't think they'll care. They didn't expect huge success with the franchise, but the solo's success demanded propper attention and exposure that they clearly wanted to give Dr Strange (who they declared their new "Ironman" type lead and Captain Marvel who got pushback from incels and Spiderman who they are desperate for.
    Black Panther was intended to be a nice antman level project while touting diversity and if it goes back to that (while they can still tout diversity in black/ female) then its a win and they dont even have to change up plans for future major events to have Black Panther himself be a key player. Wakanda can be a guest appearance in other shows or elements can taken from it for a few cheers (Ayo popping up counter to her duties), white wolf bucky, or Falcap talking about his Wakandan passport; while the big bads of the MU are handled by the true intended stars of the next wave MU.

Unless someone here thinks Okoye or Shuri are about to lead the Avengers and defeat the Dr Dooms or Kangs in Feigies world.
    Wakanda is now their protagonist and settings dont get to be the hero or the massive RDJ paychecks

This is the problem that Priest was talking about with marvel executives viewing Black Panther only through the lense of race. It holds him back and thusly his supporting cast back as well
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-01-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I would imagine sales will fall inbetween the more familiar 18-25K range because the audience is going to be pretty much comic fans.

Ridley isn't going to be pulling in twitter fans and pretend woke folk like Coates. Marvel also isn't doing a full on press blitz (at least not yet) for Ridley either like they did for Coates.

Ridley also has no movie hype (if anything, he has anti hype now because Tchalla being written out). And while BP is on the avengers and makes many guest appearances... Ridley isn't benefitting from a hickman esque 5 year build up.

So, the ceiling is much lower here and, if it doesn't suck, I'd imagine the floor will be more steady sales wise.
    That’s a good analysis. Ridley probably won’t reach the highs of Coates but I also don’t think he’ll reach the lows. He won’t have the support of literary and “woke” online spaces but I think he’ll do much better with hardcore fans and longtime comic readers. Overall, if he puts out a Second Son-level BP comic with decent enough sales to stay in print I’ll be happy. Hopefully his success opens the door to lesser known creators that don’t have the prestige of Coates like Walker and Redjack.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s the unfortunate thing about Coates getting to define T’Challa at the height of his popularity for a new generation. He had an approach to the character and lore that was so vastly different from what came before I definitely feel a lot of his followers (we all know the types) will be alienated when Ridley does what’s looking to be a more standard direction.

Thankfully going based off sales and general non-Twitter discourse the perception of his work is lukewarm at best so Ridley will likely have lots of room to do his own thing with the franchise without getting too much blowback as it seems Marvel editorial and the fandom at large are ready to move on.
    Well Coates followers were just that: Coates followers. When they were reading Black Panther, they were either reading because of him or they were interested in the other characters. The BP they were reading about was a shell of the character longtime BP fans knew.

As far as fan reaction and sales, I want the story to do the talking more than the guy writing it at this point. Write a good BP solo matters more right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Storm and Black Panther should remarry to save Krakoa.

Some people just won't let this thing die.
    The X-Offices won’t play ball. And with Marvel being hellbent on not recasting, you can forget about any MCU synergy regarding this couple. Just leave the thing in the past where it belongs.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    The X-Offices won’t play ball. And with Marvel being hellbent on not recasting, you can forget about any MCU synergy regarding this couple. Just leave the thing in the past where it belongs.
    With the recent trend of Marvel revisiting past event storylines, I won't be shocked that they will somehow link BP and Storm in the future.

With the recent trend of Marvel revisiting past event storylines, I won't be shocked that they will somehow link BP and Storm in the future.
    “Let the past die! Kill it if you have to!”
    - Kylo Ren
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I honestly don't think they'll care. They didn't expect huge success with the franchise, but the solo's success demanded propper attention and exposure that they clearly wanted to give Dr Strange (who they declared their new "Ironman" type lead and Captain Marvel who got pushback from incels and Spiderman who they are desperate for.
    Black Panther was intended to be a nice antman level project while touting diversity and if it goes back to that (while they can still tout diversity in black/ female) then its a win and they dont even have to change up plans for future major events to have Black Panther himself be a key player. Wakanda can be a guest appearance in other shows or elements can taken from it for a few cheers (Ayo popping up counter to her duties), white wolf bucky, or Falcap talking about his Wakandan passport; while the big bads of the MU are handled by the true intended stars of the next wave MU.

Unless someone here thinks Okoye or Shuri are about to lead the Avengers and defeat the Dr Dooms or Kangs in Feigies world.
    Wakanda is now their protagonist and settings dont get to be the hero or the massive RDJ paychecks

This is the problem that Priest was talking about with marvel executives viewing Black Panther only through the lense of race. It holds him back and thusly his supporting cast back as well

Oh I think they care about making money. And when you have a film that grossed 1 Billion dollars; only to have it’s sequel underperform; after losing it’s lead character. They should have sense enough to want to make an adjustment.

I don't even remember what t'challa did in infinity war. He gave them a battlefield, some redshirts and then got dusted lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    I don't even remember what t'challa did in infinity war. He gave them a battlefield, some redshirts and then got dusted lol.

He took in Winter Soldier. He spear-headed the resistance. He out-ran Captain America on the battle field. He strategized to have them reroute the attack mounted against them. He one shotted the s*** out of Black Dwarf. And yet, people overlook all of that and see him as an afterthought in the film.

"yibambe!"

Yeah right