Page 549 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599649 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    How were they not deadly? Before Thanos showed up, his people were routed. They're the only red shirts to hold their own against a mook army.
    Routed only because Thor showed up. They were getting overwhelmed until Thor came. All because of a strategy that didn't make any Damn sense. Funnel the enemy into a choke point (smart) give up your range and choke point advantage and charge at the vastly Superior in numbers army that now puts you at a severe numbers disadvantage (dumb AF) which lead to needing saving by Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I agree. And I believe in calling people out when it’s necessary.
    But no one is exaggerating in saying T'Challa was an afterthought in IW because he was. Literally 3.5 min of screen Time...

Disclaimer: I like IW a lot. One of my favorite movies.

But...

Russos and Marvel or Whomever are full of **** with that statement or just stupid.

I'm just gonna say Russos to make it easier...

they directed Civil War. They saw how popular the character was then. They knew.

They knew enough about BP to put the final battle in Wakanda. They could have put it anywhere with a field.

If it was a "popularity" thing, why did Dr Strange get 12 minutes? His movie sold "meh." his popularity wasn't anything special. He was basically just called "Stark with magic." No casual was clamoring for MOAR DR STRANGE! especially not the one that barely knew magic in his movie (no one knew we were getting full blown sorcerer supreme strange)

They spent an obscene amount of time with Banner. And I said BANNER. Nobody gives a **** about banner lol. They want hulk. you got 30 seconds of hulk and 8 minutes of banner.

Vision isn't popular. Wanda isn't popular.

BP wasn't in IW much because of "we didn't know people liked him!" He wasn't in IW because Russos or whoever didn't give a **** about him. And that is the truth. He was an afterthought... Russos wanted Wakanda and redshirts for their battle. They didn't care about BP.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well Coates followers were just that: Coates followers. When they were reading Black Panther, they were either reading because of him or they were interested in the other characters. The BP they were reading about was a shell of the character longtime BP fans knew.

As far as fan reaction and sales, I want the story to do the talking more than the guy writing it at this point. Write a good BP solo matters more right now.
    That’s true, which is why I think while some will complain about Ridley’s direction, the vast majority of fans will at least be open to the possibility of moving away from the Coates take on the character. If all you cared about was Coates, Nnedi, Vita Ayala, and Roxanne Gay you’ll probably be disappointed in this new era but everyone else will probably be happy, which is the most important thing.

With the recent trend of Marvel revisiting past event storylines, I won't be shocked that they will somehow link BP and Storm in the future.
    There’s no way they don’t revisit the pairing. SWORD has established the IGEW as part of the cosmic playground Ewing is working with and Storm is now one of the most influential people in that corner of Marvel, it’s inevitable that they give us some insight into how the two are feeling.

I don’t think that necessarily means a reconciliation though. It’s clear that Marvel wants to play up tension between the X-Men and Avengers, it makes little sense to at the same time have T’Challa and Storm dating like their two teams and nations aren’t drifting closer and closer to a conflict. Likewise, Gerry Dugan and JWD (writer and editor for the X-Men) have been very frank about how they had major restrictions on Storm due to Coates using her.

Marauders #13 therefore doubled as an opportunity to close the door on Storm being a major presence in Wakanda so she can take on a new role in her home franchise. And for Ridley he might just want to leave his own imprint on T’Challa. The last 2 runs have done BP/Storm, a great way to distinguish his run is to introduce a new MCU-influenced love interest. I just think they want to tell new stories with both characters so while they’ll reference their past love I don’t think it’ll be a driving force for either character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    But no one is exaggerating in saying T'Challa was an afterthought in IW because he was. Literally 3.5 min of screen Time...
    In IW yes. But I’m not sure why so much emphasis is being put on that one film here? I mean it came up yes, but I don’t view that as one of his best appearances. His stand alone film, Civil War, and End Game, he played a more important role in all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    In IW yes. But I’m not sure why so much emphasis is being put on that one film here? I mean it came up yes, but I don’t view that as one of his best appearances. His stand alone film, Civil War, and End Game, he played a more important role in all of those.
    Part of this is that we are knowledgeable comics fans. Gripes are a result of that sometimes.

In endgame he was dead for 90 percent of the movie. Then he along with every other marvel franchise turned the tide in the thanos fight. Amd his only "moment was a barry sanders like run w the gauntlet. Didnt get to throw a punch at Thanos or anything.

Contrasting that with a comics Tchalla that would have put that glove on and USED IT to beat titan ass and it makes for some slightly bitter fans lol

If Kevin feige loved Chadwick Boseman as much as he says he does and black panther was as big a future player in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as he said he is then we should have gotten more. Both we and Chadwick definitely deserved more

Still....enjoyed the movie
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-01-2021 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s true, which is why I think while some will complain about Ridley’s direction, the vast majority of fans will at least be open to the possibility of moving away from the Coates take on the character. If all you cared about was Coates, Nnedi, Vita Ayala, and Roxanne Gay you’ll probably be disappointed in this new era but everyone else will probably be happy, which is the most important thing.
    I know I'm happy. If we interpret Ridley's direction of BP the same way we did Coates, then BP fans will get a BP that we've been begging for over the past 5 years.

There’s no way they don’t revisit the pairing. SWORD has established the IGEW as part of the cosmic playground Ewing is working with and Storm is now one of the most influential people in that corner of Marvel, it’s inevitable that they give us some insight into how the two are feeling.

I don’t think that necessarily means a reconciliation though. It’s clear that Marvel wants to play up tension between the X-Men and Avengers, it makes little sense to at the same time have T’Challa and Storm dating like their two teams and nations aren’t drifting closer and closer to a conflict. Likewise, Gerry Dugan and JWD (writer and editor for the X-Men) have been very frank about how they had major restrictions on Storm due to Coates using her.

Marauders #13 therefore doubled as an opportunity to close the door on Storm being a major presence in Wakanda so she can take on a new role in her home franchise. And for Ridley he might just want to leave his own imprint on T’Challa. The last 2 runs have done BP/Storm, a great way to distinguish his run is to introduce a new MCU-influenced love interest. I just think they want to tell new stories with both characters so while they’ll reference their past love I don’t think it’ll be a driving force for either character.
    I don't see them dating/reconciling either. Why would they do that when they can just milk the drama like they've done ever since AvX? Too much of a cash cow and just another way to continue the persecution narrative of the X-Men. spoilers:
    This time Wanda's death will be the catalyst for the latest Avengers/X-Men fiasco according to reports.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 07-01-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But...

Russos and Marvel or Whomever are full of **** with that statement or just stupid.

they directed Civil War. They saw how popular the character was then. They knew.

They knew enough about BP to put the final battle in Wakanda. They could have put it anywhere with a field.

If it was a "popularity" thing, why did Dr Strange get 12 minutes? His movie sold "meh." his popularity wasn't anything special. He was basically just called "Stark with magic." No casual was clamoring for MOAR DR STRANGE! especially not the one that barely knew magic in his movie (no one knew we were getting full blown sorcerer supreme strange)

They spent an obscene amount of time with Banner. And I said BANNER. Nobody gives a **** about banner lol. They want hulk. you got 30 seconds of hulk and 8 minutes of banner.

BP wasn't in IW much because of "we didn't know people liked him!" He wasn't in IW because Russos or whoever didn't give a **** about him. And that is the truth. He was an afterthought... Russos wanted Wakanda and redshirts for their battle. They didn't care about BP.
    Yeah . When you out it this way.. Yeah it's kinda disgusting how much BP was an afterthought. I do think there is partial Truth that they would of done more with T'Challa if they knew his movie would gross 1 billy and be the first Marvel movie to hit 700 mil domestic, if for nothing more than getting more money out of Black folks. Don't y'all remember how they kept playing the Yibambe commercial, I think for a small amount of time they actually used the Weeknd's pray for me song in an IW commercial, and then the articles about how IW was going to be Black Panther 1.5? They realized how much money they were missing by their mistake then tried to retrofit to get more money... Just like they are doing again now with the whole "Wakanda was always the focus"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

But...

If I were to be kind to the Russos. The only thing that would make sense is if it came from the top (at the time) to not overexpose T'Challa since his movie releases just a couple months before. And they clearly needed more Dr. Strange love compared to what they got in 2016.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I'll never forget the late great Jon Schnepp being so excited for Infinity War thinking it would be a mini BP2 film.

Then that 3rd act you realized no the BP film was nothing more than setup for where they wanted their big battle in IW. You almost didnt need to watch BP to see IW. So they treated T'Challa as such.

Still a really good film. Just needed 5 to 8 more mins of T'Challa....sigh. Especially if you werent going to give him much to do in Endgame.

But hey everyone loves GOTG characters....

Got damn Rocket was given more to do than T'Challa. How???

It’s weird, cause I hear a lot of complaints that they gave T’challa’s intelligence to Shuri. And how Nakia and Killmonger were the ideological driving forces in BP. And how Okoye gets more to do in IW and Endgame.
    But then people can’t believe Marvel was always planning on making Wakanda the focus.

Either way they are definitely going to say that now that they are not recasting. But frankly, I believe them. Didn’t really seem like T’challa was being set up to be the next leader of the avengers, like I’d hoped. Only thing that gave me a little hope was that he was first out of the portal. But then again, he was not alone.

Astonishing Member

I know I'm happy. If we interpret Ridley's direction of BP the same way we did Coates, then BP fans will get a BP that we've been begging for over the past 5 years.

I don't see them dating/reconciling either. Why would they do that when they can just milk the drama like they've done ever since AvX? Too much of a cash cow and just another way to continue the persecution narrative of the X-Men. spoilers:
    This time Wanda's death will be the catalyst for the latest Avengers/X-Men fiasco according to reports.
    end of spoilers
    Yea, if people like Coates and his acolytes' work, it's always there for them to reread lol. I'm happy for a new direction.

I actually expect more tension and angst whenever they meet each other lol. They already have Reed saying disrespectful **** to Xavier and T'Challa back with the Illuminati at the Hellfire Gala. Storm destroyed some sacred artifact and Wakanda continues to be the only nation Krakoa can't get leverage over despite all their offers and expansionism. There's obviously a clash brewing somewhere down the line and Wanda could definitely be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

There's no real way to go back to the lovey dovey Hudlin/Coates era of the couple unless they go the Coates route of basically operating on the margins of Marvel continuity. Which seems unlikely. Hence new story directions for both characters. I have no doubt T'Challa and Wakanda will eventually factor into SWORD and that Storm might make an appearance in BP, but I don't expect it to dominate their respective arcs or fundamentally change either character moving forward.

I'm more interested in seeing who takes her place as T'Challa's love interest, I'm pretty sure it'll be an OC since Nakia's died too much and Malaika apparently isn't available due to rights issues.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, if people like Coates and his acolytes' work, it's always there for them to reread lol. I'm happy for a new direction.

I actually expect more tension and angst whenever they meet each other lol. They already have Reed saying disrespectful **** to Xavier and T'Challa back with the Illuminati at the Hellfire Gala. Storm destroyed some sacred artifact and Wakanda continues to be the only nation Krakoa can't get leverage over despite all their offers and expansionism. There's obviously a clash brewing somewhere down the line and Wanda could definitely be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

There's no real way to go back to the lovey dovey Hudlin/Coates era of the couple unless they go the Coates route of basically operating on the margins of Marvel continuity. Which seems unlikely. Hence new story directions for both characters. I have no doubt T'Challa and Wakanda will eventually factor into SWORD and that Storm might make an appearance in BP, but I don't expect it to dominate their respective arcs or fundamentally change either character moving forward.

I'm more interested in seeing who takes her place as T'Challa's love interest, I'm pretty sure it'll be an OC since Nakia's died too much and Malaika apparently isn't available due to rights issues.
    Ewing needs to bring back the Ultimates(minus America Chavez) so that we can have the inevitable clash between them and SWORD.

Astonishing Member

Ewing needs to bring back the Ultimates(minus America Chavez) so that we can have the inevitable clash between them and SWORD.
    I'd love to see the White Tiger God return too and be integrated into the BP mythos. Would be a huge asset to have whenever Bast is feeling lazy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    It’s weird, cause I hear a lot of complaints that they gave T’challa’s intelligence to Shuri. And how Nakia and Killmonger were the ideological driving forces in BP. And how Okoye gets more to do in IW and Endgame.
    But then people can’t believe Marvel was always planning on making Wakanda the focus.

Either way they are definitely going to say that now that they are not recasting. But frankly, I believe them. Didn’t really seem like T’challa was being set up to be the next leader of the avengers, like I’d hoped. Only thing that gave me a little hope was that he was first out of the portal. But then again, he was not alone.
    I can believe it. I've been complaining about those issues from the jump (disclaimer: still was entertained by the MCU and BP).
    And you know who I blame
    COATS lol he clearly influenced ppl
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-01-2021 at 02:09 PM.