Page 584 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 84484534574580581582583584585586587588594634684 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 15079
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think Killmonger DOES deserve praise. Dude was one of the best villains in the MCU that was one and done.

But, with the way the internet works, you aren't allowed to praise somethign without shitting on something else.

So, you aren't allowed to say, "Killmonger was great." You have to say, "Killmonger is great and completely overshadowed T'challa!"

You can't say, "Danai was perfect in her role as Okoye." You have to say, "Okoye was the best fighter ever and completely overshadowed T'challa!"

Killmonger gets an extra boost in praise because a lot of people identified with the stupid evil Hotep lol
    I mean, it's possible those people legitimately think those characters overshadowed T'Challa. Personally, I do think he needed more focus and I didn't need all those supporting characters but he was still by far the star of the show so I don't think he was at all overshadowed, so much as sometimes, not always, underserved by the narrative. And I didn't care much for Killmonger, because I thought T'Challa was more interesting by far, so that's another thing which varies between people.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Apparently in one of the developer updates for Avengers, it was said Evan Narcisse is helping write the story for the Black Panther expansion. Kinda helps elevate my hopes for the story seeing how he handled Rise.

Definitely feels like he's being set up to take over the main book at some point with all the BP content he's producing in his comic and journalism career. He also wrote the Miles Morales game which I felt had a really strong story.
    Interesting. Maybe this'll give the game a boost.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Stealing the show can be subjective though. For some people a character can grab the attention, but gor other people that may not happen.
    And some cases it is agenda driven.

See Lucas's sister on Stranger Things.

Going by the echo chamber-you would think she did something in season 2.

She did not but insult Lucas every scene she had.

So that is good enough to get a Funko Pop toy, a poster and now a graphic novel all about HER. Yet Lucas can't get that graphic novel about him. Everyone else has that or a novel about them. Even Barb-who died is season 1 got a shirt to herself and a book. Yet Lucas the lead can't and folks called for him to be killed off and replaced with his sister.

All this crap with Shuri being the lead is the echo chamber demanding black men do all the work and then hand it over to women and then go away. Coates run was a showcase for WHO??? Certain not Panther.

There is a reason Moon Girl is the most success black female who had a solo and didn't have to take anything from Black Panther or any black male.

Apparently in one of the developer updates for Avengers, it was said Evan Narcisse is helping write the story for the Black Panther expansion. Kinda helps elevate my hopes for the story seeing how he handled Rise.

Definitely feels like he's being set up to take over the main book at some point with all the BP content he's producing in his comic and journalism career. He also wrote the Miles Morales game which I felt had a really strong story.
    Well Narcisse did say that he always wanted to write the story for a Black Panther video game. Let’s hope they green light an actual one if this expansion gets a good reception. I think Narcisse is gonna knock it out of the park.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

Has anyone seen Lovecraft Country on HBO? I have not read the book so I cannot comment on that. But my hackles rose each episode as the main character seemed just to remain an angry black man while everyone else got some cool story arc. Until the final episode. He was sacrificed so that they all got to continue living. I got the point, but I am not sure many I've talked to about the show did. Even after I tried to share my point.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

That's cool, and I am sure that that he will shape up to be a decent writer with time, but what about our boy Thorne who has a the chops already and is READY to go now to produce badass BP shit which he has already proven he can do via Soul, sins, KiB and Panther quest? Seriously who do we need to petition to to get RJ on BP

I mean, it's possible those people legitimately think those characters overshadowed T'Challa. Personally, I do think he needed more focus and I didn't need all those supporting characters but he was still by far the star of the show so I don't think he was at all overshadowed, so much as sometimes, not always, underserved by the narrative. And I didn't care much for Killmonger, because I thought T'Challa was more interesting by far, so that's another thing which varies between people.

Interesting. Maybe this'll give the game a boost.
    The funny thing is that everyone talks about how good characters were and how they "overshadowed T'Challa" yet forget that outside of Erik and the one scene with Okoye and Nakia, Everytime they shined, it was because T'Challa and him wearing multiple hats. See people see Shuri and say "she quips! Give her the mantle!" While ignoring that's all she did, quip, she talked the same way to everyone that she did to T'Challa, she was a static character in the regard that she treated everyone the same.

Same with Okoye, same with Nakia, hell same with Erik save for his scene with his dad. There's nothing wrong with this. Erik was a very well developed villain. Arguably the best in the MCU. T'Challa however wore multiple hats and switched between them with such mastery and skill that's the fact people don't seem to understand and see how fully complex and skilled he was and was able to have people shine with his skills, speaks volumes.

Maybe if T'Challa threw in some quips it would catch their attention more and they would of appreciated his skill instead of ignorantly saying he was overshadowed or the least interesting /sarcasm

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And some cases it is agenda driven.

See Lucas's sister on Stranger Things.

Going by the echo chamber-you would think she did something in season 2.

She did not but insult Lucas every scene she had.

So that is good enough to get a Funko Pop toy, a poster and now a graphic novel all about HER. Yet Lucas can't get that graphic novel about him. Everyone else has that or a novel about them. Even Barb-who died is season 1 got a shirt to herself and a book. Yet Lucas the lead can't and folks called for him to be killed off and replaced with his sister.

All this crap with Shuri being the lead is the echo chamber demanding black men do all the work and then hand it over to women and then go away. Coates run was a showcase for WHO??? Certain not Panther.

There is a reason Moon Girl is the most success black female who had a solo and didn't have to take anything from Black Panther or any black male.
    Um, what agenda? Why does this sub always devolve into male vs female?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The funny thing is that everyone talks about how good characters were and how they "overshadowed T'Challa" yet forget that outside of Erik and the one scene with Okoye and Nakia, Everytime they shined, it was because T'Challa and him wearing multiple hats. See people see Shuri and say "she quips! Give her the mantle!" While ignoring that's all she did, quip, she talked the same way to everyone that she did to T'Challa, she was a static character in the regard that she treated everyone the same.

Same with Okoye, same with Nakia, hell same with Erik save for his scene with his dad. There's nothing wrong with this. Erik was a very well developed villain. Arguably the best in the MCU. T'Challa however wore multiple hats and switched between them with such mastery and skill that's the fact people don't seem to understand and see how fully complex and skilled he was and was able to have people shine with his skills, speaks volumes.

Maybe if T'Challa threw in some quips it would catch their attention more and they would of appreciated his skill instead of ignorantly saying he was overshadowed or the least interesting /sarcasm
    I think with T'Challa being a fairly serious character, the humorous one stands out next to him.

has anyone watched BP in 4K? How does it look?

Watched Avengers lsat night in 4K and looked much better than I thought for a movie that "old"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    has anyone watched BP in 4K? How does it look?

Watched Avengers lsat night in 4K and looked much better than I thought for a movie that "old"
    Not yet. I imagine it would generally be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    They did steal it from him. Nakia had the agency.
    What agency? What did she do to move the plot forward?

Okoye had the fight scenes.
    T'Challa had those two.

Now t'challa can't wear gold anymore
    Says who?

There were people calling for shuri to replace him not even days after the release.
    A vocal minority most people didn't take seriously.

Him doing absolutely nothing in infinity war and endgame didn't help.
    And what did Shuri do in those two movies again?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Fans are shallow.

"Stealing the show" can mean "had the best one-liners". Things like characterization & importance to the plot are irrelevant.

Old-school fans like us decry how quippy the MCU films are, but those are the characters moviegoers meme about.
    I stole the show when I gave the speech at my brother's wedding. I was smashing. Sadly no one remembers my speech, not even me.

The thing I remember most about the BP movie was the fight with M'Baku , BP taking down a Rhino and the proper application of the Force Push. Next is M'Baku picking up W'Kabi like a little kid. That was funny as hell.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Um, what agenda? Why does this sub always devolve into male vs female?
    Because even when discussing the shared struggles of black/African-descended people, there's always resentment and tension over some within the diaspora getting more attention or more empathy compared to others. It's the same everywhere, because humans do tend to treat advancement, success, and uplift as a zero-sum game where for some to gain or win, others must lose, so naturally, coming out (or perceiving oneself as) on the losing end doesn't exactly feel good.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Because even when discussing the shared struggles of black/African-descended people, there's always resentment and tension over some within the diaspora getting more attention or more empathy compared to others. It's the same everywhere, because humans do tend to treat advancement, success, and uplift as a zero-sum game where for some to gain or win, others must lose, so naturally, coming out (or perceiving oneself as) on the losing end doesn't exactly feel good.
    It's honestly disappointing. Black people of all genders have been marginalized in comics. But some have only so much empathy. Honestly, I think it's a symptom of capitalistic thinking. I really doubt Black heroines are a threat to Black heroes in Marvel

It's honestly disappointing. Black people of all genders have been marginalized in comics. But some have only so much empathy. Honestly, I think it's a symptom of capitalistic thinking. I really doubt Black heroines are a threat to Black heroes in Marvel
    They aren't. But when comics, namely the big two, only focus on one Black Male or Black Female character at any given time at a time, it usually results in Black fans wanting more time for the favorite characters.

Simple question: Why couldn't Black Panther, Blade and Monica be on the Avengers team all at the same time? The did it with Ultimates.
    Why can't Storm, Bishop and Synch be on the main X-Men team?

It almost always seems like Black characters have to take turns in the spotlight while serving as background characters in other titles(Bishop). Hence fans get a little peeved when one character is replaced by another when both can be on the stage at the same time.