Page 61 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol you think they’ll reboot? Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the MCU in its current form just kept chugging right along, in which case I don’t know if we’ll ever see T’Challa on the big screen again. Hate to be a downer but the MCU money machine doesn’t seem to be slowing down.
    Then Feige is really gonna be on some bullshit if the MCU is still around 20 or 30 years from now and T’Challa will still be considered off limits because of Chadwick’s death, especially now that the multiverse will be explored.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    So by that logic...Tyler Perry goes to Wakanda then. Personally ill pass.

For the record this isnt the first movie to advertuse utself as "Black". It is the first movie to advertise the first black superhero ever though. So if all those noncomics fans aren2 putting up similar or even comparable numbers in other "Black" movies then what is really going on?
    Are you really equating Medea Perry with Fruitvale Station/Creed Coogler?

If so, then please..."pass". Because it seems as though you are not going to appreciate anything else about the movie...not the score, the costuming, the production, the other actors, the action...other than T'Challa-Black Panther being front and centre.
    And that's okies. I appreciate your staunch position. You do you. (Though I strongly suspect...like many comic book readers who rave daily about how much they hate a book yet still continue to buy it month after month...you might just end up in the cue to watch it)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's fine and all, but you can't have a superhero comic adaptation movie without the superhero. This isn't star wars or GoT. This is the Black Panther which focuses on the character T'Challa. And yeah the movie will be successful for a marvel movie, but as for a BP sequel movie?... We will see
    I see what you are saying to the first...though I beg to differ.
    But to the second....to the Executives, the Producers, the Accountants and the Average Movie Goer...that's all that matters.
    As you so astutely pointed out...this isn't Star Wars whose fan base is generation upon generation and global quite unlike we "immolate ourselves on a burning pyre" die-hard, T'Challa/Black Panther devotees.
    That is to say...Only we will care (some not that much) whether or not T'Challa shows up as the Black Panther in the sequel.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    At this rate, if they don’t use the multiverse to bring in a different T’Challa, then we might just have to wait another decade for a reboot to actually see his story play out in full. Which blows.
    I don't think it will take them that long to have T'Challa return to the MCU. I'm just guessing here but I think they'll have him return in a 3rd BP movie. With the upcoming Secret Invasion event and them delving into the multiverse, there are multiple ways to bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think it will take them that long to have T'Challa return to the MCU. I'm just guessing here but I think they'll have him return in a 3rd BP movie. With the upcoming Secret Invasion event and them delving into the multiverse, there are multiple ways to bring him back.
    I just hope you’re right. I don’t want to say goodbye to him forever, at least not until his arc is completed like Iron Man.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

For anyone interested in a guide for access to Black Comic shops and about Black creators and comic books.

http://comicbookaccess.org/

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I just hope you’re right. I don’t want to say goodbye to him forever, at least not until his arc is completed like Iron Man.
    I hope I'm right too.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    How yall would rather watch Wandavision than a non T'Challa Black Panther movie.
    I mean, I am still trying to figure out if I like it or not but yeah.

WandaVision = me potentially finding joy in a story about Wanda and Vision. Maybe. Not sure yet. At worse, it is boring (but my wife likes it more than me so whatever).

Black Panther 2= Me being bitter and pissed my favorite superhero is gone and the actor is dead. That is not enjoyable in the slightest. Why would I watch something that doesn't bring me joy?

Dont watch none of Marvel if you're that mad. There's real principle in that. However, picking and choosing to ignore a majority black cast film (that doesnt get that many opportunities for stuff like this anyway)

Its just a laughable take. Give Feige money for this, but dont give Feige money for something predominantly black. I dont get it.
    Well, I honestly think you are just trying to get a rise out of people but i'll humor you.

This isn't about principle. At all. I am not boycotting, I am not being a comicgating type toxic person, I am not advocating anyone watches it or not. I choose to not watch it because it will not bring me joy at all. It will be a negative experience, i am not wasting my money and my time to be bitter.

And honestly, I am exhausted by "support this because its POC." I don't care anymore, wasn't worth the mental effort. The world is rotten to the core and movies don't mean anyting to me in that regard. What hollywood does is meaningless to me. All I care about is my personal enjoyment, only. If you want my money, entertain me.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 01-28-2021 at 07:36 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I see what you are saying to the first...though I beg to differ.
    But to the second....to the Executives, the Producers, the Accountants and the Average Movie Goer...that's all that matters.
    As you so astutely pointed out...this isn't Star Wars whose fan base is generation upon generation and global quite unlike we "immolate ourselves on a burning pyre" die-hard, T'Challa/Black Panther devotees.
    That is to say...Only we will care (some not that much) whether or not T'Challa shows up as the Black Panther in the sequel.
    Alot more people care than some are letting on. And generally no, if you make a movie with the title characters name on it and then don't feature them or heavily diminish their presence, it generally doesn't do well (see blade trinity). Let's be frank, while I will say yes the supporting cast in BP is indeed fantastic and some of the best and well developed characters of a non ensemble franchise, in the end, it's not their movie to take over. This isn't a ensemble movie, and that's what it appears to be the path they are taking, and that is unwise.

None of these characters , or Wakanda itself, is big enough yet to headline the franchise, and to push for that is foolish and it diminishes the franchise as all the best stories and development is all centered around T'Challa, and to let those stories not be told or to try to tell those stories with support characters that are essentially brand new characters all together, is a bit disrespectful to the 50+ year old title character.

Abd yes your right Disney ultimately cares only about the money, however, I think they have to be smart enough to not think a literal billion dollar IP can continue that trend without the main draw

Alot more people care than some are letting on. And generally no, if you make a movie with the title characters name on it and then don't feature them or heavily diminish their presence, it generally doesn't do well (see blade trinity). Let's be frank, while I will say yes the supporting cast in BP is indeed fantastic and some of the best and well developed characters of a non ensemble franchise, in the end, it's not their movie to take over. This isn't a ensemble movie, and that's what it appears to be the path they are taking, and that is unwise.

None of these characters , or Wakanda itself, is big enough yet to headline the franchise, and to push for that is foolish and it diminishes the franchise as all the best stories and development is all centered around T'Challa, and to let those stories not be told or to try to tell those stories with support characters that are essentially brand new characters all together, is a bit disrespectful to the 50+ year old title character.

Abd yes your right Disney ultimately cares only about the money, however, I think they have to be smart enough to not think a literal billion dollar IP can continue that trend without the main draw
    T'Challa hasn't been around in the MCU long enough for them to do a feature film about Wakanda that doesn't have him in it. Cap has had 3 solos and 4 Avengers movies so they can afford to do something like Falcon and Winter Soldier. They fleshed out enough characters for them to do something like that. I'd love a D+ show with Okoye, Shuri, Nakia and a few HZs and M'Baku too. But it's not the same world building scenario. T'Challa didn't retire and he isn't dead so it loses a lot of appeal when we know he's still around and they just choose not to have him appear.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Well, I honestly think you are just trying to get a rise out of people but i'll humor you.

This isn't about principle. At all. I am not boycotting, I am not being a comicgating type toxic person, I am not advocating anyone watches it or not. I choose to not watch it because it will not bring me joy at all. It will be a negative experience, i am not wasting my money and my time to be bitter.

And honestly, I am exhausted by "support this because its POC." I don't care anymore, wasn't worth the mental effort. The world is rotten to the core and movies don't mean anyting to me in that regard. What hollywood does is meaningless to me. All I care about is my personal enjoyment, only. If you want my money, entertain me.
    THIS so much this and the thing is, it goes further beyond just entertainment as well. This whole B"you need to support x because your race/religion/political beliefs/ sexual orientation/ etc etc." Is so stupid, especially if it goes against what you want or believe. It's why we had to suffer through Coates and pals BS, it's why T perry movies are still made, it's why we get shows depicting Black folks a certain way, it's why people feel the need to tow the party line, follow religious ideas or whatever because they feel they have to support it, regardless of it they believe it or not.

It's why I find the term "sheep" or "sheeple" so laughably stupid as well. Mostly because the people using it are doing the very thing they are calling out others for just on the opposite end.

At the end of the day, people will watch what they want and should support what they want. If BP 2 fails because they decide to cut out the title Character, that's on them, make smarter choices. People shouldn't give blind loyalty to representation just for the sake of representation

Are you really equating Medea Perry with Fruitvale Station/Creed Coogler?

If so, then please..."pass". Because it seems as though you are not going to appreciate anything else about the movie...not the score, the costuming, the production, the other actors, the action...other than T'Challa-Black Panther being front and centre.
    And that's okies. I appreciate your staunch position. You do you. (Though I strongly suspect...like many comic book readers who rave daily about how much they hate a book yet still continue to buy it month after month...you might just end up in the cue to watch it)
    I didnt like Creed.

Fruitville was a good movie but lets not act like it won a bunch of emmys or even made Madea money.

Black panther put these ppl on the global map. And for your own peace of mind, I don't support things that I complain about. That includes this comic run and this upcoming wakanda fanfiction disguised as a "respectful" sequel to a solo franchise. Im pretty subborn that way.
    Last edited by Ekie; 01-28-2021 at 09:43 AM.

The main draw is Black Panther...and to a lesser degree but still important, the world and characters that were built up around him. In that regard, it could become an ensemble movie. (As with the comics...I love T'Challa/Black Panther but I also love the Wakandan world and peoples around him, probably just as much and why I want to see much more development and exploration of it/them under the new writer and yes, in the new movie).
    So it's not as though it will be a total wash if they were to focus on the other aspects and characters of the movie.
    As mentioned before...some of us do go to and enjoy movies for much more than the lead actor. And a lot of us who went to see the movie more than once and bought the Blu Ray actually loved the world of Wakanda and how it was presented on film.

I get the uncertainty and the disappointment but...we still have absolutely no definitive clue as to what Coogler and Disney will end up putting on the screen and any decisions they make are entirely out of our hands.

The main draw is Black Panther...and to a lesser degree but still important, the world and characters that were built up around him. In that regard, it could become an ensemble movie. (As with the comics...I love T'Challa/Black Panther but I also love the Wakandan world and peoples around him, probably just as much and why I want to see much more development and exploration of it/them under the new writer and yes, in the new movie).
    So it's not as though it will be a total wash if they were to focus on the other aspects and characters of the movie.
    As mentioned before...some of us do go to and enjoy movies for much more than the lead actor. And a lot of us who went to see the movie more than once and bought the Blu Ray actually loved the world of Wakanda and how it was presented on film.

I get the uncertainty and the disappointment but...we still have absolutely no definitive clue as to what Coogler and Disney will end up putting on the screen and any decisions they make are entirely out of our hands.
    That's great and for those that want to support the movie for whatever reasons it's their choice. Just like it's our choice for those who do not choose to watch a Black Panther movie without T'Challa.

It's gotta be more than just "come see Wakanda" for me to want to watch this movie without T'Challa no matter the plot, supporting characters, costume designs or musical score.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    For anyone interested in a guide for access to Black Comic shops and about Black creators and comic books.

http://comicbookaccess.org/
    Thanks for this. Will definitely be using it once quality Panther comics start up again