Page 659 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

DiscussingFilm
    @DiscussingFilm
    ‘BLACK PANTHER’ has become the 12th film to join the One Million Watched Club on
    @Letterboxd

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Honestly, I don't know, Coates picked the wrong time to stop being super wordy.

Tetu is dead is how I read it because the spear magically has explosion ability this time? I don't know man lol... Tetu got hit by it in season 1 and was just fine. tHis time he catches on fire.

I read it as Zenzi's body has been taken over by Bast.

Zenzi's arc in Coates story really doesn't make any sense and I honestly don't understand it. Felt like Coates wanted to do something tragic with her but forgot about her halfway through his run.

From memory...

- she was going to be killed by Killmonger's forces after he died in Hudlin's but her powers stopped it.

- She ends up joining with Tetu to start an uprising to end the monarchy because... I'm not sure really? What is her beef with T'challa? Her beef is with Killmonger or his forces no?

- See's The PEople are losing, so she joins up with Hydra???? Nazis? Why?

- Ends up joining up with EmpSymbiote and Tetu to... ressurrect Killmonger? Her seemingly mortal enemy? Why?

- Ends up working with Bast low key to... kill Killmonger? The person she just ressurrected? Again... why

This doesn't make any sense.
    The magic of the Coates run is that if you throw in pretty words, art, and "black unity", people will ignore how nonsensical it is and call it groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    So I finally read all of Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda. The story definitely reads a lot better as a whole, but the resolution is somehow still very confusing. What exactly was going on when N'Jadaka died?

Other thoughts: I liked the siege a lot. The Empire was looming but the use of portals kept it delayed while foreboding.
    I also appreciated T'Challa in the Djalia. Reading it all together, I can see the thematic threads from the beginning of Coates's work. I don't agree with them (or, at least, they're overstated), but I understand the idea of this story is that T'Challa is learning to accept being King, which happens at the end of this.
    Are Tatu and Zenzi both gone? One seemed dead, the other merged with Bast, I think? Also confusing. If so, it's a disappointment because I think they're fun and visually interesting.
    Bast had a cool design.
    Coates spent very little time writing dialogue in that final issue. It's a trick he goes to a lot and it only sometimes pays off. But it made it much faster to burn through these issues.

I think that's about it. I still can't place where in continuity this is supposed to be. Sam Wilson looked like he had his Captain America outfit but with Evil Steve's shield. That doesn't make anything less confusing.
    So basically Coates attempted to deconstruct T'Challa(along with Wakanda) but missed a lot of the key beats when putting him back together as head of Wakanda. And as you said, a lot was just vague and the ending while it seemed complete just left questions unanswered.

All of this was the result of not having an understanding of the character and imprinting what he believes would be flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The magic of the Coates run is that if you throw in pretty words, art, and "black unity", people will ignore how nonsensical it is and call it groundbreaking.
    That's the tragedy as well. People who didn't read T'Challa before Coates have a decidedly different impression than they would have if they read Priest or Hudlin. It's like two totally different characters. Five+ years of Coates can ruin BP long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's the tragedy as well. People who didn't read T'Challa before Coates have a decidedly different impression than they would have if they read Priest or Hudlin. It's like two totally different characters. Five+ years of Coates can ruin BP long term.
    Yup. Back in 2018 it didn't help that plenty of articles kept insisting that season 1 was the inspiration for the movie and that since his run is still the most recent, it gets recommended more than past runs.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A Bashenga skin wasn't one I was expecting. Looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for sharing this.
    No worries

He looks like Zion Williamson lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey View Post
    He looks like Zion Williamson lol.
    Shadey! It's been forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Shadey! It's been forever!
    Wat Up bro! Figured I pop in lol.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Watched The Suicide Squad and man was James Gunn UNLEASHED. His Guardians films are overhyped imo.

However, he showed some real creative chops here. Makes you wonder how much Marvel directors are sort of held back creatively. Hard to question it since Marvel has never made an all out bad film. It just makes you wonder if they tame their more talented directors like Coogler, Taika and Gunn.

Also makes me upset that Marvel chooses to never shoot on location. Just a damn shame we never got to see Chadwick film real scenes in Africa. Shame a mega sequel is still using Atlanta as a substitute for Africa. Just..ugh

Very good movie though.

Edit: Also shows that Gunn actually got to shoot 6 months. Never forget Marvel only letting Coogler shoot roughly 3 or 4 months. Glad they are letting him shoot the sequel for 6 months though.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-06-2021 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Watched The Suicide Squad and man was James Gunn UNLEASHED. His Guardians films are overhyped imo.

However, he showed some real creative chops here. Also makes me upset that Marvel chooses to never shoot on location. Just a damn shame we never got to see Chadwick film real scenes in Africa. Shame a mega sequel is still using Atlanta as a substitute for Africa. Just..ugh

Very good movie though.
    James Gunn really knocked it out of the park on The Suicide Squad. And it’s good that a DC movie managed to make full use of Idris Elbas talent.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-06-2021 at 07:21 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    James Gunn really knocked it out of the park on The Suicide Squad. And it’s good that a DC movie managed to make full use of Idris Elias talent.
    Yep. I saw this over a week ago and he was awesome in it. He would have been great as T'Challa instead of Heimdall to but the idea of making a BP movie then was not on the table at that time.