Page 67 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167567 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 15079
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well looks like Coogler is still gonna be around past BP2. Apparently there’s a Wakanda show in the works for Disney +. https://deadline.com/2021/02/black-p...ia-1234684707/
    It would make more sense to me that, if the next movie doesn't have the Black Panther in it anyway and is just a Wakanda movie, why not just do a Wakanda show and do a movie if they're ever ready to re-cast.

That being said, I know some people here aren't fans of Ryan Coogler, but he got Marvel Studios an Oscar nomination so it's a no-brainer.

I'm curious to see what direction they'll go in for a TV show.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am starting to wonder if Kevin and Ryan have decided the best approach with T'Challa is giving the character time to be distanced enough from Chadwick's passing by having him involved with something important off screen that gives logic to his absence until after a few years and maybe in time for Black Panther 3 a new actor can take on the role with audiences having had what they consider enough time to accept a new actor there. Use BP2 and World of Wakanda to expertly fresh out those reasons whilst elevating established and new characters across the nation.

Certainly I think that's the best solution instead of something tactless like killing him off-screen since immediate recasting and CGI is off the table.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    People for year's wanting Tchalla and Wakanda mythos in the spotlight, and now we have that and folks still acting goofy.
    Take T'challa out of that sentence and you might be right. He's not in this universe anymore . And according to Kevin feige It doesn't matter That he's gone since he's not important to the story they're trying to tell

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    I just listened to Chapter 1...

My early prediction is that Redjack is going to see more of my money this month!

Carry on...
    Episode 1 was so so good
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-01-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    And I feel nothing
    Yup

I was more excited about Chris Hemswroth biceps lol

People for year's wanting Tchalla and Wakanda mythos in the spotlight, and now we have that and folks still acting goofy.
    I wanted T'challa in the spotlight lol.

And I have ALWAYS been 100% consistent with that. Even before Chadwick died.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I know right.

Look, no one including Marvel wanted Chadwick’s death in franchise. Circumstances beyond anyone’s control. But unfortunately we have to move past it.
    Eh, I don't have to do anything lol

If this is about spys and war dogs OR past panthers, i'll watch. If it involvse the crown in any shape or form, I don't have much interest
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-01-2021 at 05:30 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It would make more sense to me that, if the next movie doesn't have the Black Panther in it anyway and is just a Wakanda movie, why not just do a Wakanda show and do a movie if they're ever ready to re-cast.

That being said, I know some people here aren't fans of Ryan Coogler, but he got Marvel Studios an Oscar nomination so it's a no-brainer.

I'm curious to see what direction they'll go in for a TV show.
    Everything you said is true . I'm probably the only person here that's not a fan of Ryan coogler But I am happy That he Has found success even if its at the expense of the mythos. I honestly view him in the same reguard as Coats. Talented for sure but lucky to work with the content that is Black Panther. I just hope the guys in charge dont let him completely run roughshot over the work established by talented creators before him (Kirby, Priest, Ect) but my hopes are extremely low considering how hands off marvel higher ups are with minority storyboards.

Its going to be very jarring when these new fans turn to the comics for more Wakanda content only to find that its pretty much Tchalla and not the "mantle" of Black Panther that has been written about for Decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am starting to wonder if Kevin and Ryan have decided the best approach with T'Challa is giving the character time to be distanced enough from Chadwick's passing by having him involved with something important off screen that gives logic to his absence until after a few years and maybe in time for Black Panther 3 a new actor can take on the role with audiences having had what they consider enough time to accept a new actor there. Use BP2 and World of Wakanda to expertly fresh out those reasons whilst elevating established and new characters across the nation.

Certainly I think that's the best solution instead of something tactless like killing him off-screen since immediate recasting and CGI is off the table.
    I hope they plan on bringing T'Challa back for the next solo. I don't know if they would start off with a new trilogy or finish the current one with the new T'Challa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I thought the same.

Easy to have the King off screen during a TV show revolving around the "world"

Impossible to have the main character off screen in a movie and not explain it explicitly.

But I don't make billino dollar movies so what do i know lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yup

I was more excited about Chris Hemswroth biceps lol

I wanted T'challa in the spotlight lol.

And I have ALWAYS been 100% consistent with that. Even before Chadwick died.

Eh, I don't have to do anything lol

If this is about spys and war dogs OR past panthers, i'll watch. If it involvse the crown in any shape or form, I don't have much interest
    That's what a Wakanda D+ series should be about. Focusing on a team of Doras and/or HZs. I'm cool with T'Challa not being the focus as long as they mention he's still around.

Ultimate Member

I thought the same.

Impossible to have the main character off screen in a movie and not explain it explicitly.
    Star Trek missed that memo. Worf still found a way to be in the last 3 Star Trek TNG movies. DESPITE being on DS9 during a bloody war that NEVER explained where the USS Enterprise was. Even in the final battle they were nowhere to be seen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

There’s still the possibility that they do that but the way they’ve said they have no intention of recasting makes me think they won’t have another T’Challa until they reboot. There are several ways to temporarily remove T’Challa then bring him back:

1. Multiverse, mainline MCU T’Challa dies but we get someone from another universe
    2. Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda, T’Challa is presumed dead when his ship gets lost in some space anomaly but in reality he’s become a space rebel against an evil empire version of Wakanda
    3. King of the Dead, T’Challa dies but through the magics of Bast and the Resurrection Altar T’Challa is revived and becomes the King of Wakanda’s dead and BP
    4. T’Challa (like in the comics) becomes one of the first heroes aware of the Incursions and relinquishes the throne to uncover more of the mysteries of the multiverse on a top secret mission

Maybe Disney goes one of these routes, but I doubt it. I believe the plan is for T’Challa to die offscreen and that he’ll remain dead until we go to a new continuity.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I thought the same.

But I don't make billino dollar movies so what do i know lol
    Easy: say he died.
    It's also worth noting that the press release said Coogler was also working other Disney+ Marvel shows in addition to his own Wakanda show. Maybe Armor Wars and Ironheart?

Problem is that T'Challa ain't in it. From what we have heard and what's been said, he is being left behind and Wakanda is becoming the focus. Thing is, Wakanda was only Interesting when we experienced it with T'Challa, as it's been since his inception. Yet people are acting like Wakanda came first and is bigger than T'Challa. It isn't. It would be like Batman and Gotham but Batman out of the picture.. right as Batman was introduced.

My prediction is that BP 2 is basically going to be a origin story for the D+ show, and T'Challa wi be just the footnote in his own franchise

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Easy: say he died.
    It's also worth noting that the press release said Coogler was also working other Disney+ Marvel shows in addition to his own Wakanda show. Maybe Armor Wars and Ironheart?
    Because black people don't get enough death in real life We have to pretend our fictional characters Die too while the white ones live forever though various actors right? Unless ofcourse they are uppity like Terrence Howard then a recast isnt too jarring. Maybe they should just tell us Tchalla was shot by a police officer and make another bill off of real world racial strife with a wakandan backdrop.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-01-2021 at 07:40 PM.