Page 689 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693699739789 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,335 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Nerds LIVE to complain about stupid $#!% for inane reasons.

Peter Quill was a traumatized child who's mom just died from Cancer when he got kidnapped by aliens.

T'Challa was an adventure loving kid who would have either A) trained to lead from a young age or B) just picked up leadership skills by watching his dad.

It's no surprise that T'Challa ended up being a better Star Lord than Pete Quill. Pete Quill started from not even zero he started at -1.

T'challa was able to charm Yondu as a kindred adventurous spirit from jump so he didn't get screwed with by the Ravagers the way Quill did.

The whole point of Peter Quill is that he is a screwed up manchild, his backstory kind of made him one.

None of this was ever an issue with kid T'Challa. Of course he turned out better.

He wasn't anywhere near as messed up to start out.
    And for all the better T'Challa made the universe and the Marvel cosmic cast, the real kicker is that Ego actually wins in this timeline, which I guess is some kind of multiversal balance thing...

Quote Originally Posted by C_haos View Post
    In IGEW we saw M'Baku head to the Jabari Lands to learn more about his namesake. As far as N'Jadaka I thought it was explained that the symboite still had the conscious of the old emperor but that it was bleeding over into Erik.

The original M'Baku was killed during Hudlin's last arc after being treated as a joke character throughout most of his run. The new M'Baku from space actually visited the Jabari Lands during IGEW arc and from the preview it looked like it had an impact on him
    Your information is outdated.

M'baku was in villains for hire and in pleasant hill after Hudlin's run. He was ressurected off panel apparently. The editors didn't bother to tell Coates, which is why he invented Mandla so the MA had someone to kill in the Jabari Lands.

They then apparently killed M'baku again off panel.

And then he was resurected again in Long Live the King.

And, once again, in the BP mythos, the white gorilla god and their clan are OUTLAWED. It makes zero since, mytho wise, for a Wakandan... general? to dress up in homage of an outlawed god.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I’ve always been confused about movie M’Baku worshipping Hanuman. Bast being worshipped makes sense because she comes from a pantheon of gods that were worshipped by an African civilization irl. But Hanuman comes from a pantheon of gods worshipped in India. And since Wakanda kept to itself until T’Challa became king, how the heck did the Jabari end up worshipping Hanuman?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No doubt T'Challa will be back in the 3rd BP movie or they'll hint at it in one of the movies leading up to the third.

I already said, it the third movie will be Black Panther III: Return of the King. Villains will be tricky but I get the feeling that they'll pull some Coates stuff into it. Wakanda in turmoil after the Namor thing. People dissatisfied with Shuri's leadership. Tetsu and Zendi arrive and cause a civil war. Nu'Challa(Call him Cha Cha) returns to set things right.
    One can only hope.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Here’s some wholesomeness for your eyes.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I tell you what

I talked a lot of shit about T'challa as Star-Lord concept and was pretty wrong in the end. Did way more than I thought with it.

But, it also made me think...

My favorite character has alway sbeen T'challa, The Black Panther.

But maybe my favorite character is just T'challa.

Maybe Black Panther aka Wakanda has just been too much of an anchor for the character instead of an enhancer.

Maybe, post deadliest of the species... T'challa should have kept the alchemy upgrades and design, and never put on the panther suit again and thrown up deuces to the throne. hell, him and storm coulda ran off together and it might have actually worked if the anchor of WAKANDA wasn't there.

Well, we kinda saw a little bit of that during Man Without Fear and Most Dangerous Man Alive. Put T'Challa in any setting and his characteristics still come out strong.

Well, any setting except treehouse rape camps, stolen lands and The Adversary(!)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’ve always been confused about movie M’Baku worshipping Hanuman. Bast being worshipped makes sense because she comes from a pantheon of gods that were worshipped by an African civilization irl. But Hanuman comes from a pantheon of gods worshipped in India. And since Wakanda kept to itself until T’Challa became king, how the heck did the Jabari end up worshipping Hanuman?
    I mean, it doesn't make any since but whatever lol.

They just didn't want him to say "Glory to the White Gorilla God" lol Doesn't really roll off the tongue.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And for all the better T'Challa made the universe and the Marvel cosmic cast, the real kicker is that Ego actually wins in this timeline, which I guess is some kind of multiversal balance thing...
    I think a lot of these episodes will get revisited somewhere down the line.

You know how these gods do. They go from place to place, using different names and shapes. It's comics, they could always say that it originated in Africa and migrated to other regions.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I tell you what

I talked a lot of shit about T'challa as Star-Lord concept and was pretty wrong in the end. Did way more than I thought with it.

Maybe Black Panther aka Wakanda has just been too much of an anchor for the character instead of an enhancer.

Maybe, post deadliest of the species... T'challa should have kept the alchemy upgrades and design, and never put on the panther suit again and thrown up deuces to the throne. hell, him and storm coulda ran off together and it might have actually worked if the anchor of WAKANDA wasn't there.

Man...You just created another good idea for T'Challa's exit other than death. Just say the anchor of Wakanda has weighed on him for years. So he wanted to explore. He wanted to go on different journeys. Dont make it a mournful death. Make it a celebratory goodbye for a great friend, brother, son. He went to space. He may return, he may not. Sadness should only be from the loss of his presence in their lives. Not a lost life.

Bravo

You know how these gods do. They go from place to place, using different names and shapes. It's comics, they could always say that it originated in Africa and migrated to other regions.
    Imagine people of Norse descent in the MCU

"Holy shit, those gods were REAL? Hell yeah, let's worship them again!"

*10 years later*

and their all dead except for Thor lol

Extraordinary Member

The writers needed an Ape God for the Jabari to worship and they knew of/ had heard about Hanuman.

Maybe they had heard of African Baboon God Bibi too but came to the conclusion that Hanuman's name sounded cooler than Bibi's so they went with that.

There is no good in Universe explanation for it.

Most Black Panther/Wakanda writers went out of thier way NOT to have to create a fantasy pantheon for Wakanda that would have avoided these issues.

Bast for decades used to be just called The Panther God. Since most classic BP stories assumed everyone in Wakanda worshipped TPG except for M'Baku nobody bothered to create any more lore than that.

Bro the last boss fight with Klaw was so bullshit. It took me five tries before finally beating him because every time I get close to killing him he spams that four hit combo and kills me. On the last attempt I just decided to save my heroics until I had him dead to rights and then I just played keep away while letting Cap and Kamala land the final blows. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

I think a lot of these episodes will get revisited somewhere down the line.
    I think Uatu plucks the Variants out of their timelines for a Multiversal Avengers team in the finale, although what he does after with them is another question...

I tell you what

Well even when he wasn't BP he was still BP. I am not on that noise of T'Challa having to surrender something to another character. Frak. That. Isht. No more. T'Challa IS the Black Panther. Always has always will be. I'm so sick of him having to share space and have his mythos be treated like an ensemble when none of these characters even have a draw to them. Literally both of Shuris stories revolve around taking the mantle. The character should of already grown into her own and moved out of trying to be BP. Being a scientist works but if she is playing that angle she will only be a side character in T'Challas book. If they want her to Branch out she needs her own lane, which that and can be super genius (so long as it's not at the expense of T'Challa losing his) but it needs to be separate from the teyitto be BP. That's T'Challa. He is the GOAT.

Wakanda and"The mantle" are only being anchors because people are are making them so. This was never an issue when Priest, Hudlin, Liss, or McDuffie put in work. Redjack too.

I am a T'Challa fan, but I am a T'Challa THE BLACK PANTHER fan. It's his Wakanda and everything else exist to elevate him and show why he stands above the rest even those from his own nation

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well even when he wasn't BP he was still BP. I am not on that noise of T'Challa having to surrender something to another character. Frak. That. Isht. No more. T'Challa IS the Black Panther. Always has always will be. I'm so sick of him having to share space and have his mythos be treated like an ensemble when none of these characters even have a draw to them. Literally both of Shuris stories revolve around taking the mantle. The character should of already grown into her own and moved out of trying to be BP. Being a scientist works but if she is playing that angle she will only be a side character in T'Challas book. If they want her to Branch out she needs her own lane, which that and can be super genius (so long as it's not at the expense of T'Challa losing his) but it needs to be separate from the teyitto be BP. That's T'Challa. He is the GOAT.

Wakanda and"The mantle" are only being anchors because people are are making them so. This was never an issue when Priest, Hudlin, Liss, or McDuffie put in work. Redjack too.

I am a T'Challa fan, but I am a T'Challa THE BLACK PANTHER fan. It's his Wakanda and everything else exist to elevate him and show why he stands above the rest even those from his own nation
    I get what you're saying. However, although he didnt intend that I do think its a great reason to say T'Challa is gone. Way better than him dying.