Page 699 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 199599649689695696697698699700701702703709749799 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It might not fail but yeah there are some signs here that ain't good.

Especially the tight schedule, Marvel/Disney are so committed to get some of the billions the first BP made that they are willing to rush the second movie out. Regardless of the possible impact of said rushed schedule on the movie.
    Financially it won’t flop but I have a feeling it won’t make as much as the first, especially since it’s being released in a part of the year where it will have a lot more competition than the original did. That’s not to mention the effect that Covid has had on the box office, and with the rise of Covid variants and people refusing to get vaccinated (hi Letitia), it’ll honestly be shocking if it makes anywhere close to what the original made.

What we should really look out for is the audience reaction, because if its bad or mixed enough it could cause them to course correct (hi The Last Jedi).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sometiems I forget how big spider-man is.

Until **** like a trailer has the nerd community busting at the seams.

Kinda wild

(that could have been BP in10 years if his franchise was handled right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I can assure you that no one who wants Shuri to take the role is happy she is played by a transphobe and anti-vaxxer.
    We will see who is the first reporter to bring it up, or if they will just handle everything surrounding the movie with kids gloves because to Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, the lack of connection is double edged. In some sense, it means you can fit it in almost anywhere. On the other hand, there's nothing tethering it. Once upon a time, Marvel would have cared and tried to do something. For example, put a footnote that says that the story takes place before another story or even have T'Challa mention that he just came back from space at some point. My ideal would be to have an Avengers arc that doesn't use T'Challa much and just not have him for a single arc and then, when the next arc happens, have him say that all of the space arc happened there.

I think the bigger issue with continuity would be when outside characters appear in Black Panther. I swear there's an issue with Sam Wilson wearing his Nick Spencer Captain America outfit but with Hydra Cap's shield during the siege of Wakanda by the Intergalactic Empire. On the other hand, I do remember the final issue/epilogue having Sam in his Falcon outfit. I don't have a clue where to put all that unless everything takes place before Secret Empire. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong.
    I can' tthink of anyone else that had a costume change
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If Coogler had no control over the decision not to recast him, then he isn't dodging accountability for anything. You seem to think he is to blame because you don't like how he depicted T'Challa.
    We currently don't know for sure how much say he had in the matter. But even if he didn't, there is still a lot of other controversial decisions that have been made for the sequel that he is responsible for. Atlantis, RiRi, Shuri BP, lack of male characters.etc. These things that people here have been complaining about, and that's all on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    6 script rewrites
    A grieving director
    Underwater CGI on a tight schedule
    Antivaxx bigoted lead actress

I'll be surprised if this movie isn't a failure
    I don't think it will do BP1 numbers but it won't be a failure. Average movie-goers are bought in to Marvel. They want to see they next steps so they're going. Hard-core BP fans probably won't go like they did the first movie unless their girlfriend/boyfriends drags them to the theaters.

Then you have to account for the Covid and the dual release strategy.

Btw, Eternals look pretty darn good. I might pay the Premium access to watch on D+.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Kinda wild

I think majority of the hype for No Way Home is stemming from the multi/Spideyverse shennanigans(worst kept secret). The previous 2 Spider-man films didn't have nearly THIS much hype. The multiverse stuff is also part of what is fueling the Strange hype as well. These are currently the two most anticipated releases of Phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I think majority of the hype for No Way Home is stemming from the multi/Spideyverse shennanigans(worst kept secret). The previous 2 Spider-man films didn't have nearly THIS much hype. The multiverse stuff is also part of what is fueling the Strange hype as well. These are currently the two most anticipated releases of Phase 4.
    hype is hype

I think BP2 would be equally has hyped, especially if it was Wakanda vs Atlantis.

What is wild, for me, is that I was actually hyped for a spider-man movie continuing from the end of FFH... felt like we were finally getting an actual spide-rman movie. And then they decided to add in Tobey and Andrew, and I dind't not like those movies at all lol. I ain't risking covid for that **** haha

Btw, Eternals look pretty darn good. I might pay the Premium access to watch on D+.
    as of now it is theaters only

I'll go to theaters for Shang, don't thing im going for Eternals.

Oh btw, my oldest begged fo ra Miles Morales T shirt to wear to school, all because of a video game. Wild.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Kinda wild

We will see who is the first reporter to bring it up, or if they will just handle everything surrounding the movie with kids gloves because to Chadwick

I can' tthink of anyone else that had a costume change
    Even if they don’t bring it up, Twitter definitely will. That site never fails when it comes to digging up shitty things you said in the past. Just ask James Gunn.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

hype is hype

I think BP2 would be equally has hyped, especially if it was Wakanda vs Atlantis.

What is wild, for me, is that I was actually hyped for a spider-man movie continuing from the end of FFH... felt like we were finally getting an actual spide-rman movie. And then they decided to add in Tobey and Andrew, and I dind't not like those movies at all lol. I ain't risking covid for that **** haha

Oh btw, my oldest begged fo ra Miles Morales T shirt to wear to school, all because of a video game. Wild.
    I've been vaccinated and I'm still not going into any theaters. Don't want to take any chances. I'm waiting to see how long they charge for Black Widow before it's free.

If T'Challa was in BP2 there would have been more hype for the movie. I guess the closer we get to the movie the more the press it will get.

I just hope they put the pr on the new BP solo. I mean they should be headlining this stuff with BP variant covers on other books. It's also time for a Marvel event that's BP focused. BP having spies in gov'ts, military and even super-hero teams is ripe for a World War Wakanda story.

I saw a BP costume and some underwear with Avengers(BP was in there). When you get to underwear, you're big time, lol.

hype is hype

If T'Challa was front and center for W vs A I feel the hype would be through the roof!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I've been vaccinated and I'm still not going into any theaters. Don't want to take any chances. I'm waiting to see how long they charge for Black Widow before it's free.

If T'Challa was in BP2 there would have been more hype for the movie. I guess the closer we get to the movie the more the press it will get.

I just hope they put the pr on the new BP solo. I mean they should be headlining this stuff with BP variant covers on other books. It's also time for a Marvel event that's BP focused. BP having spies in gov'ts, military and even super-hero teams is ripe for a World War Wakanda story.

I saw a BP costume and some underwear with Avengers(BP was in there). When you get to underwear, you're big time, lol.
    Bruh, say that! We got a Venom event, and coming up on a second Dr. Strange event. Marvel still won't pull the trigger to do a T'Challa centered event.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It might not fail but yeah there are some signs here that ain't good.

Especially the tight schedule, Marvel/Disney are so committed to get some of the billions the first BP made that they are willing to rush the second movie out. Regardless of the possible impact of said rushed schedule on the movie.
    I truly hate that I brought so much negativity in this thread a few years back in regards to the CGI of the 1st film. I just hated that something I loved so much could have such an obvious flaw/lower quality compared to other films that it opened the floodgates to haters. T'Challa deserved better. More importantly Boseman deserved better. I still cringe seeing that one gif of T'Challa swinging around in the mines.

Now it appears Marvel has upped the anti and doing it on an even tighter schedule. And even worse they are doing it in the same year as Multiverse of Madness which is now their #1 film of 2022 ala Endgame.

The thing is TChalla once again held it together. Boseman's performance grouded the movie, Jordan esque Boseman allowed others to get theirs knowing he could still get his and you still had a great movie. Wright asked to carry a larger role with an even bigger CGI spectacle being rushed just sounds off as hell.

So again how are they honoring Boseman with such odd script decisions and quick post-production?

Maybe Riri was always part of the movie, but It seems to be like they really need another scene for Wright to bounce off another character. I remember Wright saying she was really struggling with the 1st film but others just helped get her across the finish line. I dont knock her for this but she's also had bouts with depression. That is a LOT to put on her shoulders.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-23-2021 at 06:37 AM.

I'm vaccinated and I've only been once (godzilla). I'm waiting on BW to be free on D+ too.

Part of it is covid, but the BP news really did dampen my MCU fandom. I've never not gone on opening night.

I'll go see Shang in theaters most likely at a time of day i'll know the theaters will be dead. And the kids might drag me to see paw patrol but the covid situation here is really bad so might force them to stream it at home.

And yeah... give me some Ridley interviews already. Give me hope please
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-23-2021 at 06:51 AM.

LOL Black Panther draws.....

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Bruh, say that! We got a Venom event, and coming up on a second Dr. Strange event. Marvel still won't pull the trigger to do a T'Challa centered event.
    Knowing Marvel, they'll do an BP event leading up to a movie that won't have T'Challa in it.

Knowing Marvel, they'll do an BP event leading up to a movie that won't have T'Challa in it.
    They are saving the BP event for Wakanda vs Atlantis Part 2 once the movie details start coming

Shuri vs Namor round 2