Page 705 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 205605655695701702703704705706707708709715755805 ... LastLast
Results 10,561 to 10,575 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    When Kang is about to be in the new big bad after Thanos and apparently they’ve got a secret wars movie in the works? Nah. And really I won’t be surprised if they come up with a way to bring in a T’Challa when Storm inevitably makes her debut. I know a lot of us are sour on that relationship but the two of them being a couple on screen is way too good of a marketing opportunity to pass up.
    I mean there are so many stories that we are missing with no T'Challa. Wakanda vs Atlantis is big, SWaD needs to be adapted on screen, hell with the mech strike, I wouldn't mind seeing T'Challa go rounds with Kang. There's just so much that needs to be told still and Shuri ain't it. She is not set up at all to take over the mantle. Even when it comes to fighting it's clear she would want no part in challenge day, and given EG with her blasting away... A warrior she is not

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    We've made it past 700 pages now. Congratulations to everyone here in The Black Panther Appreciation Thread of 2021!
    As always true BP fans representing and leading the discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We never freeze .
    Teal'c says.... INDEED!

Incredible Member

When Kang is about to be in the new big bad after Thanos and apparently they’ve got a secret wars movie in the works? Nah. And really I won’t be surprised if they come up with a way to bring in a T’Challa when Storm inevitably makes her debut. I know a lot of us are sour on that relationship but the two of them being a couple on screen is way too good of a marketing opportunity to pass up.
    Not that I really care about Storm and Cha-Cha in a relationship on screen but when was the last time we saw a healthy and functional romantic relationship of a black man and woman on film? I don't count Nakia as she was an ex girlfriend and kissing at the end doesn't mean relationship. Now, the Kong is dead.. Even the relationship between Okoye and W'Kabi devolved not just into conflict but outright treason. I doubt the powers tgat be would want to show a T'Challa and Storm union, mind you, they'll be happy to hype up the prospect of it but we'll never see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Not that I really care about Storm and Cha-Cha in a relationship on screen but when was the last time we saw a healthy and functional romantic relationship of a black man and woman on film? I don't count Nakia as she was an ex girlfriend and kissing at the end doesn't mean relationship. Now, the king is dead.. Even the relationship between Okoye and W'Kabi devolved not just into conflict but outright treason. I doubt the powers that be would want to show a T'Challa and Storm union, mind you, they'll be happy to hype up the prospect of it but we'll never see it.
    Well even when Chadwick was still alive, I always thought that if Marvel if ever got the rights to the X-Men back, I wouldn’t mind seeing that relationship on the big screen despite me being sour on it in the comics. Mainly because I knew Ryan Coogler would handle it well just like he handled Black love well in some of his non Marvel projects like Creed. But the main point is that the return of T’Challa is a marketing gold mine for them once enough time passes, and with the multiverse in play they have a way to do it while avoiding blowback for it.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The big problem is if they actually make Shuri the Black Panther, there’s going to be a contingent who will raise holy hell about T’Challa returning and “sidelining her”. If she gets the role people are going to expect Marvel makes her the Black Panther going forward, like how Sam is taking over as Cap. Depending on how BP2 handles Chadwick’s passing I may feel more optimistic about the chance of a new T’Challa. Secret Wars is the perfect way to soft reboot the MCU as needed.

As for the Storm romance, I’m over it completely in the comics but I wasn’t 100% opposed to it in the movies if for no other reason that the BP is the equal (if not the superior) of the X-Men franchise on the film side which is not the case in the comics. But you gotta understand, if he’s dating Storm in a movie that’s it. That will cement Storm as the love interest for T’Challa and you better believe the comic side will have to synergize given how Shuri was deaged and turned into a copy of MCU Shuri. So if you guys are ok with Shuri being cemented as his Lois/MJ/Catwoman, the number 1 LI, then yeah they could do it. But I’d personally prefer someone else
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The big problem is if they actually make Shuri the Black Panther, there’s going to be a contingent who will raise holy hell about T’Challa returning and “sidelining her”. If she gets the role people are going to expect Marvel makes her the Black Panther going forward, like how Sam is taking over as Cap. Depending on how BP2 handles Chadwick’s passing I may feel more optimistic about the chance of a new T’Challa. Secret Wars is the perfect way to soft reboot the MCU as needed.

As for the Storm romance, I’m over it completely in the comics but I wasn’t 100% opposed to it in the movies if for no other reason that the BP is the equal (if not the superior) of the X-Men franchise on the film side which is not the case in the comics. But you gotta understand, if he’s dating Storm in a movie that’s it. That will cement Storm as the love interest for T’Challa and you better believe the comic side will have to synergize given how Shuri was deaged and turned into a copy of MCU Shuri. So if you guys are ok with Shuri being cemented as his Lois/MJ/Catwoman, the number 1 LI, then yeah they could do it. But I’d personally prefer someone else
    But even then, the MCU is just one medium. A very big and influential one, but a medium nonetheless. Even though Steve is done in the MCU, he’s still being used in other mediums like video games and cartoons and doubly so for iron man who’s even a meet and greet character at the new Avengers Campus in Disneyland despite being dead in the MCU. Oh and T’Challa was front and center opening night despite Chadwick’s death still being fresh in everyone’s mind. Yeah you’ll have a subset of people that’ll bitch about it, but what matters is the execution. Plus if it were up to me, I’d simply do what the comics did at one time and just have them share the mantle.

Maybe in a possible Black Panther 3 after the T’Challa variant and Shuri save the day, she’ll try and give the throne to him saying that she never wanted to be queen but was forced to after her T’Challa died, to which the new T’Challa will refuse saying that she’s done a great job at ruling. But since there are far bigger threats running around like Namor, Doom, and Kang it won’t be enough to have just one Black Panther around so just like in the comics, he’ll be the Black Panther that saves the world with the Avengers while Shuri holds it down in Wakanda.

Again, that’s personally how I would handle it. But let’s not forget that there are two Wakanda Disney + shows in the works, with one of them starring Okoye. Who knows? Maybe the second one will be about Shuri transitioning into her Griot identity, and trust me if done right audiences will be blown away by her new powers and won’t even be mad if/when a variant of T’Challa is introduced.

There are plenty of ways T’Challa and Shuri can be elevated at the same time, as long as it’s executed right they can easily win folks over.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

But even then, the MCU is just one medium. A very big and influential one, but a medium nonetheless. Even though Steve is done in the MCU, he’s still being used in other mediums like video games and cartoons and doubly so for iron man who’s even a meet and greet character at the new Avengers Campus in Disneyland despite being dead in the MCU. Oh and T’Challa was front and center opening night despite Chadwick’s death still being fresh in everyone’s mind. Yeah you’ll have a subset of people that’ll bitch about it, but what matters is the execution. Plus if it were up to me, I’d simply do what the comics did at one time and just have them share the mantle.

Maybe in a possible Black Panther 3 after the T’Challa variant and Shuri save the day, she’ll try and give the throne to him saying that she never wanted to be queen but was forced to after her T’Challa died, to which the new T’Challa will refuse saying that she’s done a great job at ruling. But since there are far bigger threats running around like Namor, Doom, and Kang it won’t be enough to have just one Black Panther around so just like in the comics, he’ll be the Black Panther that saves the world with the Avengers while Shuri holds it down in Wakanda.

Again, that’s personally how I would handle it. But let’s not forget that there are two Wakanda Disney + shows in the works, with one of them starring Okoye. Who knows? Maybe the second one will be about Shuri transitioning into her Griot identity, and trust me if done right audiences will be blown away by her new powers and won’t even be mad if/when a variant of T’Challa is introduced.

There are plenty of ways T’Challa and Shuri can be elevated at the same time, as long as it’s executed right they can easily win folks over.
    Make Shuri the new White Wolf and intro the Hatute Zeraze in the MCU.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

They have to make every other important Wakandan help in beating Namor.

If its just Shuri defeating him one on one then it undermines Namor and T'Challa. Why bring him back when he never had a win as big as Shuri? How serious can you take Namor if he's getting beat by newbie Shuri.

Again they are potentially/ironically setting it up for Shuri to "T'Starlord" T'Challa. Just have the good sense to make it M'Baku, Okoye, and Nakia all contributing to defeat him. Dont damage T'Challa's brand going forward.

Only way they "shelve" shuri is by making two difference BP franchises. A movie for T'challa and a movie for shuri.

They will not have a "new" Tchalla come and take back the franchise from her. That is a PR nightmare. They won't touch that.

If it was just a recast T'challa thing, it would work. It won't work with a variant.

If T'challa is dead dead in BP2, dude is gone in the current iteration of the MCU.

Yall are still on bargaining. Come join me in Stage Depression lololol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Only way they "shelve" shuri is by making two difference BP franchises. A movie for T'challa and a movie for shuri.

They will not have a "new" Tchalla come and take back the franchise from her. That is a PR nightmare. They won't touch that.

If it was just a recast T'challa thing, it would work. It won't work with a variant.

If T'challa is dead dead in BP2, dude is gone in the current iteration of the MCU.

I never said “take back” the franchise from her. A few pages back I even said the worst case scenario for T’Challa going forward in all mediums is that he might have to share the spotlight with Shuri. And if a variant is introduced that could be the best way to go about it, have them share the mantle like they did in the comics, heck even let her keep the throne so that it wouldn’t cause a big blowback from Yasss Queen Twitter. Lol. They can pull it off if the execution is right.

And let’s be real, if the movie ends up being Marvels The Last Jedi, they’ll bring T’Challa back in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-24-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Ultimately they need to stop trying to push Shuri into the role and give her a lane she can occupy on her own. Being the scientist only partially works because you cannot sacrifice T'Challas character traits because they didn't plan for what to do with Shuri. I would say she gets mixed in with alchemy, focusing on tech and magic and the marrying of the two and then show T'Challa focusing strictly on tech. Have them work on things together but make it very clear neither is smarter than the other, they just both have their respective areas they focus on.

But Shuri being BP should go away and be laid to rest. It will/should never be permanent and she she grow into her own character.

I really want them to handle the sequel by throwing in a bit that T'Challa is lost on space, him and Shuri were working on a joint project together and working the math. Her math was slightly off, T'Challa caught it but Shuri, being hard headed didn't think it would be a big deal and brushes it off. It was and T'Challa is on space and Shuri feels guilty and gives her a angle to grow and simultaneously gives T'Challa a clear "yes he is super genius" and designs stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

If its just Shuri defeating him one on one then it undermines Namor and T'Challa. Why bring him back when he never had a win as big as Shuri? How serious can you take Namor if he's getting beat by newbie Shuri.

Again they are potentially/ironically setting it up for Shuri to "T'Starlord" T'Challa. Just have the good sense to make it M'Baku, Okoye, and Nakia all contributing to defeat him. Dont damage T'Challa's brand going forward.
    That's still underselling T'Challa. What do they need him for if Team Wakanda is going to win?

They can't over-power Namor. They aren't going to dumb Namor down for this. Best Team Wakanda can do is draw and walk away alive.

And thinking about it, Namor can't be the real villain. He was duped into attacking Wakanda by Achebe who tries to take advantage of T'Challa's absence. He thinks having Namor attack Wakanda will show that Shuri can't handle the job and he needs to step in.
    Only it backfires when Namor is kicking ass and then realizes he was being used.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-24-2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I doubt they will. No one will believe it based on what we have seen, no way will she win. On fact I fully expect it to be Shuri, Okoye, M'Baku, Nakia, and Riri vs Namor. Which is ironic given that it was very clear that T'Challa was superior to Erik in every way even when distracted whole Shuri folded so for her to magically square up to Namor would be bad writing, team Wakanda can't win either, they can only "Survive" the encounter.

She CANNOT beat Namor, like you said it would completely undermine T'Challa and the Franchise. That's why they should of waited because as we have seen already, only T'Challa can really stand up to these character as strong as Namor
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-24-2021 at 09:29 AM.

I remain hopeful that after the failure of the “MCU Lite” route of the Avengers game that Marvel starts to realize they’re better off making their mediums separate iterations rather than trying to synergize. But we’re still only just getting into a post-Endgame MCU, this is basically a “Phase 1” where they’re building the new guys up. Right now they’re still centering the OGs but we’ll see how long that lasts. I definitely think the new guard is going to start being marketed more prominently, especially once their movies start coming out. The Avengers game still went with the first movie’s team rather than adding Wasp or Ant-Man to the roster, so unfortunately the MCU still provides the “baseline” to everything else.

But believe me I am 100% in favor of not blindly following the MCU, especially with regards to Hulk (who I think they completely botched on the film side) and Black Panther (where I’m extremely unhappy about how they’re handling T’Challa with regards to Chadwick’s passing).
    Honestly I’ve been thinking that the easiest way to bring in a new T’Challa is to do an adaption of Hickman’s Avengers. An Incursion happens and the T’Challa of another Earth is unable to prevent Black Swan from killing his world, so he ends up on our world and takes on the mantle of King of the Dead here. He leads the Illuminati on our world and has an uneasy relationship with Shuri who doesn’t really know how to feel about him. My end of Secret Wars would be that T’Challa gets folded into the MCU the way Miles got folded into 616 at the end of Hickman’s SW.

I totally agree, I just feel pessimistic about the chances of that happening. But I’d love to be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Yeah right now I’m preparing for myself for the worst case scenario: BP is all we get of T’Challa on the big screen for the forseeable future and T’Challa will be gone for good with Shuri taking over. Makes me so bitter, I just have the worst luck when it comes to characters I like alas. Hope I’m wrong, I’m not giving up hope to see T’Challa in other mediums, and at least we still have the comics for now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Is Gamora going to be in GoTg 3? Granted, it's still ZS but she'd be playing Gamora from a previous time line.

Also, if BP2 doesn't make more than the first, it'll be the first solo MCU film to not make more than it's predecessor. Only 1 MCU filmvto date has fallen short than the previous film and that was Age of Ultron.