Page 715 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 215615665705711712713714715716717718719725765815 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,725 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, we know that they aren't recasting right now since they're actually having T'Challa die. So either they pull a younger or older version of T'Challa out of the timeline or they pull a version of T'Challa out of a different timeline.

Either way, he won't be the same and honestly, I wouldn't want Shuri and the rest of the Wakandans acting like this is the same version of the T'Challa that died. They need to react differently to him as he does to them. They'd have to grow to accept him.
    Do we know for sure that they are killing him off or is that just a rumor based on "Leaks" because it would be damn dumb to do that, unless they do the fake out. He's not really dead, Soap Opera plot line where everyone thinks he's dead and it turns out he's not and he's been off dealing with things (Kind of like Bruce was "dead" but was really off dealing with things)? I mean...killing him off seems straight up dumb, namely because the Actor is not the character. That would be like if no one did Superman After George Reeves got killed or something like that.

Then again Wakada did accept others into their ranks. I honestly think they're going to do a "He's presumed dead" and in reality he's off dealing with something.

Give me paranoid, priest t'challa variant that lost his wakanda. My vote goes to Yahya

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Give me paranoid, priest t'challa variant that lost his wakanda. My vote goes to Yahya
    E-Man has been saying for the longest that Yahya is his number one pick. Helps that he hits the gym regularly and is 6’3. Hopefully he can pull a James Gunn and decide to play for both sides. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    E-Man has been saying for the longest that Yahya is his number one pick. Helps that he hits the gym regularly and is 6’3. Hopefully he can pull a James Gunn and decide to play for both sides. Lol.
    Funny enough, he almost played the role of M'Baku but Winston Duke eventually took the role.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    if they announce today that Yahya Abdul Mateen will be the next T'Challa/Black Panther, 80%-90% of these people would not complain.
    I would be happier than Happy Pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Yes.

Extraordinary Member

Speaking of the source material, Wakanda already had two King T'Challa's during the Priest run. Both were seen as king.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Do we know for sure that they are killing him off or is that just a rumor based on "Leaks" because it would be damn dumb to do that, unless they do the fake out. He's not really dead, Soap Opera plot line where everyone thinks he's dead and it turns out he's not and he's been off dealing with things (Kind of like Bruce was "dead" but was really off dealing with things)? I mean...killing him off seems straight up dumb, namely because the Actor is not the character. That would be like if no one did Superman After George Reeves got killed or something like that.

Then again Wakada did accept others into their ranks. I honestly think they're going to do a "He's presumed dead" and in reality he's off dealing with something.
    It could be rumors or it could be true but the "news" is that T'Challa is supposed to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    If not Sope I think Jovan Adepo would be a good option as well. He looks like he could pass for late 30s/early 40s even though he's younger.

It's not just about the looked it the acting chops too, I don't care how old they are so long as they can pull off the look and physical capabilities needed, and have the acting gravitas to back it up.

Interestingly enough Sope had some nice stuff to say about how Chadwick inspired him

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If they bring in the Priest version of T'Challa from another timeline, I'll take that variant all day every day.

Best. Version.
    IF they had Priest as a consultant to ensure that they got it right, this is the ONE and ONLY variant would accept with little issue. Otherwise gimme time traveled T'Challa of the sacred time line. Or KoTD revived T'Challa if they are going to kill him

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well maybe that could be the plot if it were to happen. It could be about him seeing 616 as his chance to protect “our” Wakanda from the fate of whatever happened to his Wakanda and the drama could come from how the people of 616 don’t accept him at first but he tries to earn their trust, which he ultimately does by the end after the day is saved. It could provide some meta commentary on how while nobody can truly replace Chadwick (the sacred timeline T’Challa), there must always be a T’Challa.
    Dude that last part hit hard. You know what it also shoes? Probably the most important thing? Young black boys can see that There larger than life hero CAN be bigger than death.

That last part is really the most important, and why T'Challa needs to be around still, and I don't mean the occasional mention of his name but ACTUALLY around

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Imagine Variant T'Challa's shock to see M'Baku a "good guy" and Nakia not being crazed Malice, lol.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    IF they had Priest as a consultant to ensure that they got it right, this is the ONE and ONLY variant would accept with little issue. Otherwise gimme time traveled T'Challa of the sacred time line. Or KoTD revived T'Challa if they are going to kill him[/B]
    That..might be the better way to go tbh. Since all signs points that way.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    That..might be the better way to go tbh. Since all signs points that way.
    King of the Dead T'Challa could work. Just say the regeneration altered him on a certain, maybe even fundamental level and have that as an excuse whenever anyone calls attention to him supposedly looking different; they're just sensing the aura he's giving off now and responding to that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Shuri threads a lost cause, actress just got hurt and its still dead lol
    I can top that Shuri has 3 NEW books coming out in January 2022.

Shuri versus.... VENOM. Symbiosis (Shuri: A Black Panther Novel #3)

Marvel Black Panther Shuri Defender of Wakanda (DK Readers Level 2) Hardcover – January 4, 2022

Shuri and T'Challa: Into the Heartlands (A Black Panther Graphic Novel) Hardcover – April 5, 2022
    Artist-Dika Araújo
    Writer-Roseanne A. Brown Her debut novel, A Song of Wraith and Ruin, was a New York Times bestseller.

Twelve-year-old Shuri is a lot of things. Scientist. Princess. All around cooler person than her pain-in-the-butt big brother T’Challa. Shuri knows she could do so much more to help Wakanda, but everyone is obsessed with the prince because he’s the next Black Panther. That is, until Soul Washing Day, one of the most important rituals of Wakandan society.

When an argument between T’Challa and Shuri leads to one of Shuri’s inventions accidentally destroying the sacred ceremony site, chaos reigns instead of prosperity. Suddenly the people of Wakanda, including her mother the queen, are becoming sick! Could this be a curse from the ancestors? Desperate to save her mother, Shuri dives into research and finds an answer hidden deep in an ancient children's myth.

Joining Shuri on her journey is none other than a meddling T’Challa. If Shuri and T’Challa can set aside their jealousy and resentment of each other long enough to survive this journey, they might just discover that they are far more powerful together than they could ever be apart. But if they can’t face their fears in the Heartlands and lift the so-called curse, it may not be just the end for their family, but the end of Wakanda as they know it. No pressure, right?
    Not to be left out

Okoye to the People: A Black Panther Novel Hardcover – March 1, 2022

And what do we have for T'Challa???

Black Panther Spellbound (Black Panther the Young Prince) Hardcover – September 28, 2021
    by Ronald Smith
    This is it until Black Panther Vol. 1 by John Ridley and Juann Cabal | Jun 17, 2022

3 books starring Shuri aimed at middle school kids.

Shang Chi has ZERO post movie release.
    Eternals-ZERO (aside from their trade)

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Shuri and T'Challa: Into the Heartlands (A Black Panther Graphic Novel) Hardcover – April 5, 2022
    Artist-Dika Araújo
    Writer-Roseanne A. Brown Her debut novel, A Song of Wraith and Ruin, was a New York Times bestseller.
    Judging by the venom spewed in this novel synopsis, this Roseanne A. Brown must have disliked that the gap between the respective achievements of the siblings ended up in T'Challa's favor.