Page 720 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730770820 ... LastLast
Results 10,786 to 10,800 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And you’re not wrong. But we’re gonna have to wait and see. In the mean time let’s hope Marvel is impressed by Narcisse enough to make both him and Christopher Judge the point men on the video game side of things.
    So long as they make it very clear that T'Challa has ALL. Of his characteristics and isnt dumbed down on okay with this. I want to see a game where you can use the environment or things around you to your advantage, showing T'Challas on the fly genius. But also things like making it clear he created his habit, or designed the tech protecting Wakanda etc. I want to make sure of we get a T'Challa BP game, it's a fully realized T'Challa and not a watered down Black captain America type like we have seen popup alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    So long as they make it very clear that T'Challa has ALL. Of his characteristics and isnt dumbed down on okay with this. I want to see a game where you can use the environment or things around you to your advantage, showing T'Challas on the fly genius. But also things like making it clear he created his habit, or designed the tech protecting Wakanda etc. I want to make sure of we get a T'Challa BP game, it's a fully realized T'Challa and not a watered down Black captain America type like we have seen popup alot.
    Yeah. Narcisse said in interviews that one of the things he wanted to get right with T’Challa was to remember that he’s a scientist. And while I saw glimpses of his intelligence like how knowing how some of Wakandas tech works, it left a lot to be desired. Then again there’s only so much you can do in a four hour story for a video game expansion.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

The reason that I see why this keeps happening is because Shuri doesn't bring anything to the table. From his throne, mantle, etc she's going to end up taking one or more of those things. Her role as the "guy in the chair" was already fulfilled by Taku.
    She is essentially a watered down version of T'Challa which is probably why Ryan made her the super genius and why other depictions post the movie have followed suit because that's the one they're most familiar with and is the most popular version of her character.

Seeing as all her adaptions are keeping that trend, it'll likely remain that way. However I what to see T'Challa's strategic and prep skills on full display. I was more upset about the lack of that side of his genius not getting displayed over the science stuff.

Yeah. Narcisse said in interviews that one of the things he wanted to get right with T’Challa was to remember that he’s a scientist. And while I saw glimpses of his intelligence like how knowing how some of Wakandas tech works, it left a lot to be desired. Then again there’s only so much you can do in a four hour story for a video game expansion.
    See my problem with it is that to me that's an excuse. You don't need to have T'Challa shown in a lab creating stuff. Just have the avengers comment about Wakandas technology or something and have T'Challa answer that he designed it himself. It's the same thing I said about the MCU. I didn't need NEED to see T'Challa tinkering. Just mention some of the stuff he has created. Like with the Emp beads, when Shuri said she had an update, T'Challa Could of responded with "Update? My creation works perfectly"

Or when Ross was marveling at the mines, Shuri could of said, T'Challa designed the rails, but she figured out how to transfer the vibranium safely by making it inert, or vice versa.

Again I tire of excuses where people will pretend that it's not possible without taking something away from Shuri (which was never hers in the first place) but they are fine if T'Challa loses it. It could of been a Dark knight returns situation, you don't need a full blown dedication to it. Even in IW when they are talking about vision, T'Challa could of contributed to the sciencey talk. Saying something like "Based on the numbers your going to need at least X amount of time to make a complete transfer safely, I can help you if needed" there is so much you can do or have characters say that for without having to SHOW them doing it,
    it's nothing but excuses

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The reason that I see why this keeps happening is because Shuri doesn't bring anything to the table. From his throne, mantle, etc she's going to end up taking one or more of those things. Her role as the "guy in the chair" was already fulfilled by Taku.
    She is essentially a watered down version of T'Challa which is probably why Ryan made her the super genius and why other depictions post the movie have followed suit because that's the one they're most familiar with and is the most popular version of her character.

Seeing as all her adaptions are keeping that trend, it'll likely remain that way. However I what to see T'Challa's strategic and prep skills on full display. I was more upset about the lack of that side of his genius not getting displayed over the science stuff.
    Yeah, this is why the Griot idea is one of the few things from the Coates era that I actually did like because now Shuri truly has a hero identity that’s unique to her. Only thing I’d change is that I’d take away her necromancy so that T’Challas KOTD powers dont seem redundant.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

Honestly I saw that on full display more then his tech genius. With the traffickers shutting down Their vehicles, the whole car chase, bugging Ross, taking down the border tribe, telling Shuri to activate the trains, opening the shield to funnel the outrider's in. Way more than his tech. All we got is he designed the cw habit and maybe the emp beads. Again the friendly banter could of been easy stuff like when they were in the Lab, Shuri says "The design group and I finished the completed the design schematics you sent over to us and I am excited or show you the best we have to offer" doesn't take anything from Shuri, both are geniuses, and Shuri has her lane, T'Challa ain't Black Cap

See my problem with it is that to me that's an excuse. You don't need to have T'Challa shown in a lab creating stuff. Just have the avengers comment about Wakandas technology or something and have T'Challa answer that he designed it himself. It's the same thing I said about the MCU. I didn't need NEED to see T'Challa tinkering. Just mention some of the stuff he has created. Like with the Emp beads, when Shuri said she had an update, T'Challa Could of responded with "Update? My creation works perfectly"

Or when Ross was marveling at the mines, Shuri could of said, T'Challa designed the rails, but she figured out how to transfer the vibranium safely by making it inert, or vice versa.

Again I tire of excuses where people will pretend that it's not possible without taking something away from Shuri (which was never hers in the first place) but they are fine if T'Challa loses it. It could of been a Dark knight returns situation, you don't need a full blown dedication to it. Even in IW when they are talking about vision, T'Challa could of contributed to the sciencey talk. Saying something like "Based on the numbers your going to need at least X amount of time to make a complete transfer safely, I can help you if needed" there is so much you can do or have characters say that for without having to SHOW them doing it,
    it's nothing but excuses

Can’t be better said…..

TBH....

If the question is, "what does this character bring to the table?" and the answer is, "absolutely nothing"

Then the character should just be thrown out to streamline...

Not taking something from another character so they now bring something to the table...

Just saying lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Take Shuri out of Wakanda and put her on a team somewhere she can have her own niche. T'Challa has genius, tech and skills. Other characters didn't have any problems in T'Challa's orbit. But, some writers just don't know what to do with Shuri in a BP book.

They need to do some kind of Wakandan Academy that Shuri runs outside of Wakanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Take Shuri out of Wakanda and put her on a team somewhere she can have her own niche. T'Challa has genius, tech and skills. Other characters didn't have any problems in T'Challa's orbit. But, some writers just don't know what to do with Shuri in a BP book.

They need to do some kind of Wakandan Academy that Shuri runs outside of Wakanda.
    This here. In JA and RJs Avengers, they had no issue showcasing the super genius of T'Challa and Tony what do ever. RJ did a great job showing T'Challa and Tony and T'Challa and Shuris genius all 3 being unique in their approach. Yet in BP Shuri becomes tony and T'Challa becomes cap.. isht gets old QUICK

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

From Bleeding Cool, but

RUMOR! Letitia Wright would have signed a contract with Marvel Studios to have multiple appearances in the MCU after 'BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER'.

In 'BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER' we would also see her as the protagonist with Iron Heart.

Source: BleedingCool.
    So they are all in on Shuri....
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-29-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Those gauntlets look heavy as hell on her. And now she's the "biggest badass" from Wakanda.

Who would have guessed the "Q" to James Bond would end up being James Bond.

Not on twitter, but the production designer tweeted this.

Chinchilla Black heart
    @chinchilla1970
    Long live the King! We miss you!

https://twitter.com/chinchilla1970/s...31885701111813

I really wish someone could respond..respectly...or maybe on another tweet. It cant be long live the king then killing his hard work on camera. It cant be you miss you him and then destroy everything.

I hate reading too much out of a tweet but I really hope/wish that was a way of saying his work is alive.

It’s just a rumor. But I wouldn’t put it past them at this point to essentially say “Black Girl Magic >>>>> Black Boy Joy”. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

It’s just a rumor. But I wouldn’t put it past them at this point to essentially say “Black Girl Magic >>>>> Black Boy Joy”. Lol.
    What do you think about what Hannah (production designer) tweeted? Think its possible she used a poor choice of words about long live the king. Or was that an actual hint that might not kill him on screen?

Sidenote: i have no problem with anyone tweeting Long Live the King in regards to Boseman. However, except it coming from people from Marvel. Dont say stuff like that when you're throwing everything he worked for to the side.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 08-29-2021 at 07:59 PM.