Page 725 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 225625675715721722723724725726727728729735775825 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That might be fun in a completely bats*** kind of way.
    Yep. Just have T’Challa ride Godzilla screaming Wakanda Forever with the big G doing the Wakandan salute while firing his atom in breath at Fing Fang Foom.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

I thought this thread loved Jason Aaron’s bat$&@% Avengers because of all the feats he gives T’Challa?
    What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I thought this thread loved Jason Aaron’s bat$&@% Avengers because of all the feats he gives T’Challa?
    What changed?
    Why do you think things have changed just because of some of Aaron's tendencies?

We love Priest, Hudlin and Hickman's Panther but we will point out any issues we have with some of the things they've done.

The thread hasn't changed in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    White Males are also the ones deciding "Black Girl Magic" is more profitable than "Black Boy Joy" so it is what it is. I still dunno why some people are directing their anger at the ones who are not in power and are not responsible for the decisions fans are hating so much. Like no one should be asking Hannah Beechler about why they're erasing Chad's work, she's only the designer, you should direct that to Feige lol. Coogler, but I don't think he's on social media. Start holding the people who actually in control, accountable.

Big facts

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Why do you think things have changed just because of some of Aaron's tendencies?

We love Priest, Hudlin and Hickman's Panther but we will point out any issues we have with some of the things they've done.

The thread hasn't changed in the slightest.
    No one bit, me personally I’d never forgive or truly trust JA for bs he pulled when he was X/Logan writer..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 08-31-2021 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Straight up my favorite look of all times right there with rocaforts design

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Putting aside how impossible it is to do that, how are they supposedly eliminating any memory of him?

Are we really so insecure about T'Challa's popularity that we actually think killing him off will make people forget about him? Audience memories are not that short.
    When it comes to Black characters.. Yeah people are more reserved. It would be a combo. Kill him off, have Shuri take over, push Shuri hard as the first leading Black female superhero, make a Wakanda show and NOT mention T'Challa at all and give all credit for anything Wakanda related to Shuri, push Shuri in other mediums, have T'Challa die or "retire" in comics... When it comes to BP nothing is put of the question and sometimes it feels like being a BP fans is dealing with the monkeys paw

Suit is clean AF in video game form

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I don't think there's a difference between goofy Aaron and serious Aaron anymore. It's been building slowing over time in his work. Female Thor's success unfortunately encouraged his excesses.

His whole thing now is throwing audacious ideas out there and just amping them up to see what he can get away with.

Once you make a prehistoric Avengers with Odin and Phoenix as a couple, you might as well make Godzilla an Avenger while you are at it, too.

I just have no patience for anything that random.
    Goofy Aaron vs Goofier Aaron might be better...

As someone who generally likes Aaron... I feel like the God Butcher Arc was the last time he wrote something "serious." Which is a shame, he is good at it when he chooses too.

Putting aside how impossible it is to do that, how are they supposedly eliminating any memory of him?

Are we really so insecure about T'Challa's popularity that we actually think killing him off will make people forget about him? Audience memories are not that short.
    Eh... he has three roles that the general public knows if we are being honest. So yes, removing the memory of one will shorten audiences memory. As much as I love the dude's portrayal of T'challa, to MOST people before his death, no one put it up there with Ledger Joker or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What changed?
    This is one of those examples of someone popping in just to start stuff by miscontruing what "this thread" says.

The general consensus of "this thread" is that he has treated T'challa with nothing respect including a decent amount of cool moments and feats... but Aaron's overall story has been "meh."

Pretty sure the only arc anyone here every liked were the vampire arc and the khonshu arc to be honest.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Straight up my favorite look of all times right there with rocaforts design
    That is the absolute best Rocafort's design as every lo0ked. It lo0ks SICK in animated form holy moly. I might have been won over lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

When it comes to Black characters.. Yeah people are more reserved. It would be a combo. Kill him off, have Shuri take over, push Shuri hard as the first leading Black female superhero, make a Wakanda show and NOT mention T'Challa at all and give all credit for anything Wakanda related to Shuri, push Shuri in other mediums, have T'Challa die or "retire" in comics... When it comes to BP nothing is put of the question and sometimes it feels like being a BP fans is dealing with the monkeys paw
    Exactly! Part of me hopes Marvel isn’t that stupid regarding other mediums but you really can’t trust companies to handle Black characters the right way. Right now Coogler is a lost cause on the film side of things so we need point men on the comics and video games so hopefully Ridley and Narcisse can pick up the slack in those areas.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Suit is clean AF in video game form

Goofy Aaron vs Goofier Aaron might be better...

As someone who generally likes Aaron... I feel like the God Butcher Arc was the last time he wrote something "serious." Which is a shame, he is good at it when he chooses too.

Eh... he has three roles that the general public knows if we are being honest. So yes, removing the memory of one will shorten audiences memory. As much as I love the dude's portrayal of T'challa, to MOST people before his death, no one put it up there with Ledger Joker or anything.

This is one of those examples of someone popping in just to start stuff by miscontruing what "this thread" says.

The general consensus of "this thread" is that he has treated T'challa with nothing respect including a decent amount of cool moments and feats... but Aaron's overall story has been "meh."

Pretty sure the only arc anyone here every liked were the vampire arc and the khonshu arc to be honest.
    Not just popping in. I’ve been in this thread many times. And not to start stuff

That is the absolute best Rocafort's design as every lo0ked. It lo0ks SICK in animated form holy moly. I might have been won over lol
    Screenshot_20210831-185120.jpg

I'm telling ya, rocafort had the right idea, the actual panther face can look so badass with the right creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Exactly! Part of me hopes Marvel isn’t that stupid regarding other mediums but you really can’t trust companies to handle Black characters the right way. Right now Coogler is a lost cause on the film side of things so we need point men on the comics and video games so hopefully Ridley and Narcisse can pick up the slack in those areas.
    Now I never watched it, only saw the clip but in Fal Was didn't Bucky thank Ayo and Shuri for providing the arm and all the help they provided for him? With no mention at all of T'Challa? It's little things like that. Start small and then build from there.

I don't think T'Challa will be gone in the comics TBH.. but I. Other mediums I could see him taking a back seat especially after WF drops
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-31-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Screenshot_20210831-184236.jpg

I'm telling ya, rocafort had the right idea, the actual panther face can look so badass with the right creative team.

Now I never watched it, only saw the clip but in Fal Was didn't Bucky thank Ayo and Shuri for providing the arm and all the help they provided for him? With no mention at all of T'Challa? It's little things like that. Start small and then build from there.

I don't think T'Challa will be gone in the comics TBH.. but I. Other mediums I could see him taking a back seat especially after WF drops
    Well Iron Man and Steve Rogers cap are still getting shine despite being gone in the MCU, so there might be hope for T’Challa there. Trust me if they start killing him in non MCU projects, people are gonna call them out for it, especially the further removed we get from Boseman’s death. No disrespect to T’Chadwick but it makes no sense for a character to be completely derailed in all mediums due to a mans death. Hell that didn’t happen to the Joker after Heath Ledger died, as a matter of fact the Joker got even more exposure across video games, cartoons, and animated films in the wake of Ledgers passing. Then again, Joker has the luxury of being white.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Damn I didn’t think Rocafort’s design could translate so well to outside media adaption. Love it!

Forget about him? Nah that won’t happen I agree. But Shuri could absolutely “unseat” him so to speak as the most popular Panther. Comics don’t mean anything anymore, the outside media adaptions are the main interaction the general public has with these characters. If Shuri is the Panther going forward, if she’s getting the solo movies and the team ups and the focus, well I don’t think it’s outside the realm of possibility that she will become more popular over time.

Good example is the GL franchise. John Stewart was the most popular GL for a while because of the DCAU, but once Hal came back they started pushing Hal as the main Lantern again. He was in all the team ups, the animated movies, the video games, etc, and Hal took the spot of top GL again. Or how Wally used to be the most popular Flash, but then they brought Barry back and put him in everything and he became more popular.

Shuri won’t become more popular overnight, but push her long enough and yeah, she might take the spot. Just look at Carol Danvers, very few liked or bought her book, to the point she had multiple relaunches in a single year to keep her sales up, but Marvel kept pushing her until finally something clicked. It’s just not what I thought the BP franchise was going to be after BP1 made over a billion, and I like T’Challa and don’t really care for Shuri outside of her being a supporting character in T’Challa’s mythos. So yeah I’m kind of bitter at where this seems to be headed. I’d feel a lot better if everything weren’t so damn tied to the MCU, but Christ they made video game Peter look more like Holland even though the original model was well liked and the PS4 game was a huge success, so everything revolves around the damn MCU which may no longer have a T’Challa.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Screenshot_20210831-185120.jpg

[/B]
    This might be my favorite rendition of the suit ever.

Just enough silver, just enough detail to it... basically took all the best parts of the MCU BP suit

and then the mask...

This might be my favorite rendition of the suit ever.

Just enough silver, just enough detail to it... basically took all the best parts of the MCU BP suit

and then the mask...

Exactly. It's so freaking fire. They cleaned it up so it Looks sleek and fresh, and this is coming from me who already liked the habit in the first place lol. Bow all they need to do is translate it to the comics and they would be good. It isn't hard to do. Even with all that T'Challas habit isn't super detailed that it couldn't be done