Page 74 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 15079
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Ive seen actors asking to play the role online.
    It's simple: name them. If they're actually notable actors with pull this shouldn't be hard for you. Marvel isn't gonna recast a random blue checkmark with 'Actor' in their Twitter bio.

And even then thats a poor metric and not at all how the process generally works (especially doing it publicly after a death because it looks vulturesk.).
    So you admit it's a poor metric. Why did you use it in the first place? So you admit doing so would make an actor look bad. What are you disagreeing with me for then? Do you now see how I've made the inference that some of these actors right now wouldn't even go for the role. I've given evidence of the top choice who made that implication clear as day. It's you that's refusing to see it for what it is.

So youve still yet to make a valid arguement outside of twisting Johns words into a statement that hes unwilling to play the part in the future. He coild be cast tomorrow, post that same Chad is king statement and no one would bat an eye.
    You're talking about hypotheticals when I'm in the real world. John David Washington has already made the implication (implication doesn't equal confirmation but alludes to it) that he wouldn't go for it. At least right now. He has however said he would love to play Reed Richards if Marvel approached him and added he would keep his options open to anything. Clearly Black Panther is not the only role on his mind. That's two factual statements I've given now and you're still going on about what 'could' happen.

Method Man has been campaigning for Blue Marvel and Bishop on Instagram, and now that's he's got a Marvel podcast he's got one foot in the door for those two roles if they actually offer them to him. Since you are yet to name an actor that has said they want the role of Black Panther right now, I've given you one actively campaigning for something else.

Superhero movies are too common these days for you to act as if black actors will be jobless if T'Challa is no longer available for the time being. Way too many upcoming characters from Marvel and DC and even roles within the BP franchise that aren't T'Challa.

Also the idea that we are the minortiy is without proof. Unless youve done a poll?
    Re-read what I actually wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Those of you that would be happy about a recast don't represent everyone else, and you may even be in a minority. And even if it was an equal split (which I don't think it is), that's more than enough discouragement. That's enough to tell their agents and Marvel to avoid the controversy.
    I never said definitively that we are the minority so don't put words in my mouth. That being said, the news of recasting T'Challa was met with a mixed response. Depending on which spaces you're in, some are for or against. Spaces like this forum, IGN, Reddit (the MCU subreddit in particular) and figures in the 'nerd' discourse community seem to be for recasting. The most notable figure right now I think is John Campea. Twitter (which tends to represent the general audience better than the aforementioned spaces) leans towards more against recasting.

The tide is clearly turning the more you read comments on the articles coming out. Time will do that...and will continue ro do that the further we get from the loss.
    The only fan movement that has been able to get **** done in recent memory is the #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement. It only worked because:

• They had industry support from other actors and directors, including Zack Snyder who supported it from day one and is a notable Hollywood director
    • They raised hundreds of thousands of dollars (for suicide awareness and prevention) to prove a point, including buying out billboards
    • The launch of HBOMax and COVID-19 meant Warner Brothers was looking for content
    • Redoing a failed film is far less controversial than recasting a role after a notable actor passed

Where is all of that for recasting T'Challa? Where is the industry support from those who want the role to be recast? Who is a notable figure in or outside of Marvel that supports this right now?

With Wandavision introducing grown up Monica Rambeu, SWORD, potentially Wiccan and Speed and other multiverse plots for Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, it looks like they’re not just using these Disney plus shows to expand on characters that haven’t had that much shine in the MCU (like Hawkeye) but they’re also using them to introduce and spin off new characters and concepts in the MCU.

With this in mind I think the Wakanda show could also expand on characters we know, but what connections and spin offs do you think they could connect to it? My first thought was fantastic four. Potentially through doom and sokovia or through the f4 themselves. A concept I could see Coogler wanting to explore is Mutants. with the obvious connection being Namor and Storm. But I think it might be a little early for that.

Although I don’t see an obvious connections or reasons for it to happen, I just want to see BP and Shang-Chi having a semi serious sparring match. Especially if Shang Chi has his duplication powers in the MCU, then it can be a full Naruto vs Sasuke style fight. I think they would make a good match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    With Wandavision introducing grown up Monica Rambeu, SWORD, potentially Wiccan and Speed and other multiverse plots for Spider-Man and Doctor Strange, it looks like they’re not just using these Disney plus shows to expand on characters that haven’t had that much shine in the MCU (like Hawkeye) but they’re also using them to introduce and spin off new characters and concepts in the MCU.

With this in mind I think the Wakanda show could also expand on characters we know, but what connections and spin offs do you think they could connect to it? My first thought was fantastic four. Potentially through doom and sokovia or through the f4 themselves. A concept I could see Coogler wanting to explore is Mutants. with the obvious connection being Namor and Storm. But I think it might be a little early for that.

Although I don’t see an obvious connections or reasons for it to happen, I just want to see BP and Shang-Chi having a semi serious sparring match. Especially if Shang Chi has his duplication powers in the MCU, then it can be a full Naruto vs Sasuke style fight. I think they would make a good match up.
    Namor seems to be in BP2

Without T'challa, there is no reason to have Storm around.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Storm has zero significance and has no business in the BP franchise sans T'Challa. Let her be someone else's responsibility when it's time to bring in the X-Men...whenever that is.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Namor seems to be in BP2

Without T'challa, there is no reason to have Storm around.
    Even with T'Challa, there's no reason to have Storm around. And I say that as a devoted fan of her character.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Just saw the newly released Coming to America 2 trailer. I got some Achebe vibes. The BP franchise has so many incredible possibilities if they utilise the actual source material PRE COATES! And I cant forgive those in charge if they're serious about neglecting T'Challa. I cant reconcile anyone at MS thinking shelving T'Challa is a viable option for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Just saw the newly released Coming to America 2 trailer. I got some Achebe vibes. The BP franchise has so many incredible possibilities if they utilise the actual source material PRE COATES! And I cant forgive those in charge if they're serious about neglecting T'Challa. I cant reconcile anyone at MS thinking shelving T'Challa is a viable option for the foreseeable future.
    What I really hope is that they don't create a new character to take on the mantle for the film. It will be a big slap to the face of past creators with regards to how much they put into building up T'Challa for decades IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Even with T'Challa, there's no reason to have Storm around. And I say that as a devoted fan of her character.
    With Storm I'm just sort of indifferent to her appearance. It seems like Marvel is doing what they want with the franchise so if Storm becomes the queen of Wakanda, then I won't be surprised lol.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 02-03-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    What I really hope is that they don't create a new character to take on the mantle for the film. It will be a big slap to the face of past creators with regards to how much they put into building up T'Challa for decades IMO.
    I think if they did that, it would piss off the Team Shuri fans (and the team shuri fake fans) and piss off the tchalla fans.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think if they did that, it would piss off the Team Shuri fans (and the team shuri fake fans) and piss off the tchalla fans.
    Good if that happens. At least they would know what it feels like to have their favourites ignored at the expense of pooping on the franchise.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

With Storm I'm just sort of indifferent to her appearance. It seems like Marvel is doing what they want with the franchise so if Storm becomes the queen of Wakanda then I won't be surprised lol.
    Thankfully that ship has sailed, was scuttled and sunk to the very bottom of the Mariana Trench.
    They can both move on now within their own franchises free of any emotional attachments to each other. Praise Bast and the Bright Lady!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Like some others have said, I'm hoping BP2 is just a one-off and T'Challa will appear in the third movie.

Incredible Member

Huge slap. I cant even see how that would make sense. Some rando Wakandan out of nowhere all of a sudden becomes Panther? The concept alone just isn't worth the hassle.

That would be stupid. Because let’s say this new character acts just like T’Challa and can do all the **** that T’Challa normally does, then he’ll essentially be T’Challa in everything but name. In that case some people will walk out of the theater like “well if that guy was essentially T’Challa 2.0 why didn’t they just recast?”
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Marvel postponed the Guardians films so that James Gunn could lay low for a spell, due to controversy. The first BP film was postponed for the Spider-Man solo debut, iirc.

With Doctor Who, the concept of regeneration was introduced due to the first actor being too old to play the role. Despite the popularity of the first actor, it was the second actor that introduced most of the character traits & quirks the Doctor is known for. Switching actors is the key that show's longevity. When the show was revived in the 2000s, it was the second actor to took over the role that made the series more popular.

I truly believe a Priest/Hudlin version of T'Challa played by a new actor would be a hit.

I hope I don't have to wait too long before BP comes back in live action.

I honestly don't want JDW playing T'Challa. That guy is small, lol. I'd be game if JDW & Zendaya played Mister Miracle & Big Barda.

People said the same about Chadwick though. It's Hollywood and I'm sure he could beef up if they told him to. Steroids and a workout plan like all the other Hollywood actors LOL

That said t'challa doesn't need to be Terry Crews or Michael Jai White in order to be taken as a serious physical threat. Some muscle would be nice though
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-03-2021 at 05:51 PM.