Page 771 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 271671721761767768769770771772773774775781821871 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,565 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Yeah the thing is Iron Man really isn’t a physically demanding role. T’Challa is and since Idris is pushing 50 now if he were to get cast as a variant of T’Challa, he’d probably be in his 60’s by the time he’s done since Marvel likes to keep their actors around for the long haul. Hence why I’d prefer they get someone in their 30’s like Aldis or Yahya so they can get some mileage out of them.
    Yeah pretending to be flying around in a suit of armor isn't much of a big deal physically. Mostly green screen and cgi. Plus we're talking about 10+ years worth of movies. You don't want to start the guy in his mid to late 50's.

And I loved RDJ as Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    T'Challa has a stunt double and CGI on his side. I think Idris would do fine.
    Idris is a good T'Chaka.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah pretending to be flying around in a suit of armor isn't much of a big deal physically. Mostly green screen and cgi. Plus we're talking about 10+ years worth of movies. You don't want to start the guy in his mid to late 50's.

And I loved RDJ as Iron Man.
    This is precisely why I’m concerned about the new Blade because Mahershala Ali is gonna be 50 by the time the film comes out and Blade is a very physically demanding role.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Aldis and Yayha are my top 2 options for t'challa. DC got them on lock tho
    You never know, there’s a chance that Hawkman might not make it through Black Adam. But if he’s unable to do it then Trevante Rhodes, Y’lan Noel, or Damson Idris would be great choices. Or even Sope Dirisu.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 09-28-2021 at 03:25 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    This is precisely why I’m concerned about the new Blade because Mahershala Ali is gonna be 50 by the time the film comes out and Blade is a very physically demanding role.
    Again, stunt double and CGI.

What do have against male actors in their fifties?

Have you seen the Expendables?

Have you seen John Wick?

More than half of the men in the MCU are in their mid to late forties.

Have you seen John Wick?

A few reasons why:

Rambo IV and V
    Terminator Genysis
    Rocky V, VI and VI

Everything depends on the movie. It's not the actors but the roles. If they have these actors using their brains and firing weapons, great.

It's like the Last Lethal Weapon movie. There's no way that Mel Gibson and Danny Glover were gonna straight up beat Jet Li in a fist fight or martial arts.

If you're starting out with an actor in their fifties and you plan to use them for the next 10-15 years in an action movie where they have to do a lot of physical work, it's going to be hard. Even using CGI, they have to get suited up and hooked onto wires and harness. By the last movie, they'll be 70 and they ain't gonna be feeling putting in that work.

Have you seen John Wick?

Stunt doubles for when he is out of the mask and you get a **** ton of cuts like Scarlett when she was pregnant. Get someone younger like when Evans was cast as Cap. More mileage, less risk, plus there are a plenty of talented actors that keep getting mentioned here. 6 consistently

Tom Cruise, Keanu Reeves, Liam Neeson and Denzel Washington are all doing action movies, the first two doing most of their own stunts. There is an entire genre now dedicated to middle aged actors playing action heroes from Taken to John Wick to the Equalizer. The age window for action stars have moved up so I wouldn't rule out someone for an action heavy role just because they are 40+.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    A few reasons why:

Rambo IV and V
    Terminator Genysis
    Rocky V, VI and VI

Everything depends on the movie. It's not the actors but the roles. If they have these actors using their brains and firing weapons, great.

It's like the Last Lethal Weapon movie. There's no way that Mel Gibson and Danny Glover were gonna straight up beat Jet Li in a fist fight or martial arts.

If you're starting out with an actor in their fifties and you plan to use them for the next 10-15 years in an action movie where they have to do a lot of physical work, it's going to be hard. Even using CGI, they have to get suited up and hooked onto wires and harness. By the last movie, they'll be 70 and they ain't gonna be feeling putting in that work.
    If you are starting out with an actor in his fifties, you are most likely getting a seasoned actor. An actor who has done action films before in Hollywood and who understands the total commitment to the craft of an action film, bruises and all.

When Hollywood lays down that Marvel Check in front of you, I don't care who you are or how old you are, you are going to get into the best shape of your life for that role.

Don't believe me?

Ask Paul Rudd (52 years old).

Ask Mark Ruffalo (53 years old).

Ask Josh Brolin (53 years old).

Ask Don Cheadle (56 years old).

Ask J.K. Simmons (66 years old).

Ask Samuel L. Jackson (72 years old).

spoilers:
    Guess T’Challa died for a fourth time offscreen since Ultron committed nuclear genocide on the whole planet in the recent episode of what if. Lmao.
    end of spoilers
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Aldis and Yayha are my top 2 options for t'challa. DC got them on lock tho
    I don't know why people act like people can't appear in both Marvel and DC movies. They don't have exclusive contracts.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I don't know why people act like people can't appear in both Marvel and DC movies. They don't have exclusive contracts.
    #WhereTheMoneyResides
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

There are plenty of actors where you don't have to keep going back to the same 5 people every time you need a black dude lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Depends on the contract and the company in question.

Malcolm in the Middle had to write out Stevie's Mom because ABC (Disney) would not let her appear on the show and star on Alias.

There was also mess with The Practice and Ally McBeal's crossover and a few other shows.

If you are starting out with an actor in his fifties, you are most likely getting a seasoned actor. An actor who has done action films before in Hollywood and who understands the total commitment to the craft of an action film, bruises and all.

When Hollywood lays down that Marvel Check in front of you, I don't care who you are or how old you are, you are going to get into the best shape of your life for that role.

Don't believe me?

Ask Paul Rudd (52 years old).

Ask Mark Ruffalo (53 years old).

Ask Josh Brolin (53 years old).

Ask Don Cheadle (56 years old).

Ask J.K. Simmons (66 years old).

Ask Samuel L. Jackson (72 years old).
    Take everything into context. No one said 50+ actors can't act far from it. It all depends on the roles and the expectations for the role.

J. K. Simmons is a great J. Jonah Jameson. But he wouldn't be very good playing Peter Parker as a high school student.