Page 781 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 281681731771777778779780781782783784785791831881 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,715 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There would also be religious strife. Hell, religious issues would be the biggest issue in Wakanda with the various gods in play.

It is easy to create "tension" in Wakanda without making it so it is Madipoor or Gotham.

In addition.... refugees would be trying to FLOOD into Wakanda
    Exactly, we’re talking about a civilization that’s over 10,000 years old in a society where egalitarianism is one of the most prized values. You’d quite possibly have several very different schools of thought in the Panther Cult, groups that worship other gods, and even new religions via refugees and cultural exchange. You can spin a bunch of stories out of that alone.

And refugees is another big point. Not sure how well that topic could be handled without coming off as cheesy as it does in Superman and other books lol. But that should be another huge thing in Wakandan society since you probably have millions of Nigandans, Kenyans, Ugandans, etc. trying to get into the kingdom. Legally and illegally, which could make for some interesting beats if the politics is handled correctly.

There’s too many alternatives to petty crime and poverty for Marvel to tarnish Wakanda by making it like everywhere else. Creators need to work with the formula given to them by the guys who invented the concept and pushed it to new heights, not deconstruct the very foundations of the mythos for cheap storytelling that could be told in a Daredevil book.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MouserGrey View Post
    I think a good internal Wakandan threat could be the techno jungle. It could perhaps develop a semi sentience and is able to wreak some havoc before the sentience is discovered to be the root of the problem..........root of the problem. Technically, maybe, techno-root of the problem.
    Environmental threats in general could be crazy in Wakanda if you roll with the concept of vibranium having radioactive and mutagenic properties like it did in the Kirby run. Maybe those early “star-demons” Bashenga vanquished were never completely defeated and every now and then you have mutated wildlife attacking rural communities and destroying infrastructure.

Rogue AIs with the Techno-jungle could also be dope and have global implications if it starts assimilating tech and data from surrounding countries. And what would happen if the techno-jungle makes its way over to the US? Or enters the African Great Lakes ecosystem?

Mighty Member

An angry herd of intelligent vibranium mutated elephants with designs on ruling humans with wakandan tech. Or vibranium mutate army ants.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

An angry herd of intelligent vibranium mutated elephants with designs on ruling humans with wakandan tech. Or vibranium mutate army ants.
    Those would be great threats for T’Challa to face in a video game. Would be a great way to take some cues from Monster Hunter and use parts from the mutated animals for upgrades once they’re defeated. Or maybe T’Challa and Shuri can think of a way to control the animals and sic em ob their enemies. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    This Gene Roddenberry version of Wakanda where everyone joins hands and sings Kumbaya at the campfire can get really old, really fast.

Because then you get a bunch of supporting cast characters who all look and sound the same.

Wakanda needs texture, diversity and nuance.
    Outside of Hudlins run (Which even then had strife in Wakanda) when has Wakanda ever been Kumbaya? There has always been strife, ALWAYS. It's just not a isht hole like Gotham or hells kitchen, and it should never be. The most advanced nation on earth and the beacon of light for humanity should not have stereotypical Africa or Western civilization issues.

We have seen tribal issues, religions clashing, isolation vs opening Wakanda, illegal trade issues, an foreign nations trying to exploit Wakanda. Jabari lands and mute zone can be utilized.

There so many ways to insert issues into Wakanda without making it Gotham. Coates tried that and it was utter dog isht and look how his run fared (despite all the desperate asspats and faux praise, his was was mostly ignored and quickly forgotten in the greater MU).

Wakanda isn't perfect, never has been. It's interesting by taking on challenges unique to it as well as global stage issues

I think a good internal Wakandan threat could be the techno jungle. It could perhaps develop a semi sentience and is able to wreak some havoc before the sentience is discovered to be the root of the problem..........root of the problem. Technically, maybe, techno-root of the problem.
    Yeah, let's have the one technological creation that's officially T'Challa's go evil. Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Yeah, let's have the one technological creation that's officially T'Challa's go evil. Good idea.
    I would actually say instead of it being taken over by sentience, you could tie it to taku and possibly Baron macrbe. Something happened to taku and he died, baron revived him and has been using him as a puppet and gathering information on Wakanda, using those leaks to further his gains and build up his forces via selling the information to foreign nations. T'Challa has to figure out where the leak is coming from and stop it, rescue taku and defeat Baron.

I wouldn't want the techno jungle to go rogue. I feel T'Challa is too paranoid to give his tech an AI component that can run on its own.

I'm surprised that they haven't addressed some of the other nations in the region trying to catch up with Wakanda. I mean we know they won't match Wakanda tech wise but some of them would likely try to create super soldiers, use some kind of forbidden tech, weapons, etc.

Some should be trying to form partnerships/alliances with each other or other countries around the world. And why hasn't the High Evolutionary tried to come to Wakanda? There's a lot out there more than just strife in Wakanda.

I retract my Gotham Idea. This idea is way better. Would Ultron take control of the techno-jungle or would it be a completely different sentience?

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Do we have very many panels on the Techno jungle or to T'Challa talking about it?

I retract my Gotham Idea. This idea is way better. Would Ultron take control of the techno-jungle or would it be a completely different sentience?
    Theoretically he could.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Do we have very many panels on the Techno jungle or to T'Challa talking about it?
    After Hudlin took over I don't think it had been seen or mentioned until Rise.

Mighty Member

I was thinking the jungle gains some kind of earth mother forest sentience but in technogical form. The techno jungle wouldn't "know" it was causing problems. And the problem would not have to be global. The mystery would be in discovering it was the jungle causing the problems.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

I was thinking the jungle gains some kind of earth mother forest sentience but in technogical form. The techno jungle wouldn't "know" it was causing problems. And the problem would not have to be global. The mystery would be in discovering it was the jungle causing the problems.
    This is what the Black Panther Animated Film should be about. I mean, I would watch this on Disney +.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    After Hudlin took over I don't think it had been seen or mentioned until Rise.
    Redjack was going to have it be what defeated the villain in his first arc. Too bad we got Boko Haram Coates isht instead.