Page 79 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129179579 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    https://www.ign.com/articles/wakanda...anchise-sequel

Tell me again how this "Honors" Chadwick Boseman and the character he chose to play while fighting cancer.
    How a random Ign "article" honors T'Challa?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    yeah i hate that too. AFAIC the Wakandan gods are actual gods. Christ, putting Storm in that mix was like throwing a block of sodium into a bucket of water.
    It's like Coates took that since Wakandans would call Storm goddess that he actually thought they meant it instead of more like a honorific. I mean they called spectrum a sun goddess in Hudlins run, doesn't mean they actually think they are gods. I mean in that case why aren't the calling every hero with powers gods and goddesses?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    There's also the minor fact that the Orisha already existed in Marvel (as do the Egyptian gods) so Coates was not only mangling real mythology, but also Marvel canon:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Vod%C5%AB

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ennead
    Honestly, mangling real mythology gives him an out by saying they're just a different group with the same name. Or not even the same name if one is called the Vodu and the other called Orishas.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

That theme song with the T'Challa chant in it will surely sound different now

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wonder what state Wakanda will be in when they relaunch? (that's a lot of W's)

Post whatever mess of an ending in issue 25, I sincerely hope it's not a "let's rebuild a decimated Wakanda from the ground up". That will be very disappointing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Technically speaking...

Wakanda should speak a rare language only used 10,000 years ago!

A linguistic expert should invent a new dialect the same as speaking Klingon or one of the random languages in Star Wars!

Also... Borrowed gods from other cultures is getting real old and sort of lazy!

Is Wakanda just some coffee table history book great for small conversations!

If you precede other nations they should be borrowing from you not the other way around!

I know you're just being your delightfully shady self but....you do have a point.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The only thing wrong with the Wakanda Orishas is that there origin only exists to prop up Storm instead of Black Panther and that they are tragically boring AF.

Coates tried to go "deeper" into the various Wakandan gods instead of just saying "panther god" and "leopard god" or whatever and instead of giving depth, it made them "ascended humans' or some BS and made them boring. I'd gladly take the cartoonish "panther god" type stuff over this fake deep barely researched boring shit.

EDIT: The killmonger book did better with the orisha concept than Coates did
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-04-2021 at 07:52 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How a random Ign "article" honors T'Challa?
    The decision to remove tchalla...the article and others like it being the result of said "honor".
    This is the narrative due to how this character and his franchise have been handled (in my opinion since introduction with Zemo taking away a KEY pillar in the story of who Tchalla is and how his mindset is shaped. Zemo kills Tchaka...klaw is made a joke and sacrificed to Michael B Killmonger per coogler. And thats the end of that,
    No wakandan Justice, no reason to cheer on Tchalla's revenge. No understanding of the characters meticulous and paranoia driven prep as a result. Just a feat for Michael B. And Zemo who will move on from any wakandan involvement

Ep 1 of the serial box series posted pages back by RedJack expertly explains the importance of Klaw and what he did amd how it makes Tchalla who he is both flaws and personality.
    Hudlins animated series got it right with klaw.
    Marvels 2nd animated movie in early 2000s introduced him properly

The general movie audience know jack ish about Tchalla and the "solo" that failed to explain and present Tchalla.
    The same ppl pretending to want Tchalla gone out of love and respect for Chad are the same ones that claimed he was the most boring part of his own movie.

He needed a better introduction to the wider public.
    Its not just "one article" its the words of Kevin Feigie saying the loss doesnt stop plans at all and the casual audiance that has been primed for this type of sentiment.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-04-2021 at 08:55 AM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Avengers #42 spoilers:

spoilers:
    T'Challa won his fight against Nighthawk off-panel (the Phoenix chose him as the winner after an hours-long standstill) and will be fighting Wolverine next
    end of spoilers

No one got the Rudyard Kipling refence in the serialbox series?

Anyway, irl without T'Challa, there is no Wakanda. Neither Wakanda nor the supporting cast are strong enough to carry a solo book or movie without T'Challa as far as I'm concerned. If we had years of consistent build up with the same cast then yeah cast then yeah.

As far as the Orishas and the Wakandan gods, here is Coates biggest problem. If the Wakandan people can worship someone enough to elevate them to godhood, why hasn't any Black Panther reached that status? They did it with Storm so it makes little sense that they couldn't do it with a BP.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Avengers #42 spoilers:

spoilers:
    T'Challa won his fight against Nighthawk off-panel (the Phoenix chose him as the winner after an hours-long standstill) and will be fighting Wolverine next
    end of spoilers
    That should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Avengers #42 spoilers:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    1. I didn't know Nighthawk had skills like that.

2. Oh no... Aaron likes T'challa but dude LOVES him lol. I mean, I am pretty sure Aaron has written him as an avatar of hte Phoenix in some of his future stories (old king thor maybe?)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That should be interesting.
    We about to see who JA ready loves lol

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    1. I didn't know Nighthawk had skills like that.

2. Oh no... Aaron likes T'challa but dude LOVES him lol. I mean, I am pretty sure Aaron has written him as an avatar of hte Phoenix in some of his future stories (old king thor maybe?)
    Yeah he did. For some reason though, I don't think he's going to job BP against dude. I think in the end it will be BP vs Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    We about to see who JA ready loves lol
    I JA will give this one to BP. The other "bub" will act like he knows everything and think he's the best there is but I don't think that will play out for him this go 'round.