Page 80 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130180580 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah he did. For some reason though, I don't think he's going to job BP against dude. I think in the end it will be BP vs Namor.
    Story telling wise, it doesn't make sense to match Bub and Namor, since they both WANT the power.

BP doesn't want it and is trying to figure out a way around it. Namor wants it bc he's nuts. That makes the most sense in the end.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    1. I didn't know Nighthawk had skills like that.

2. Oh no... Aaron likes T'challa but dude LOVES him lol. I mean, I am pretty sure Aaron has written him as an avatar of hte Phoenix in some of his future stories (old king thor maybe?)
    I think the power of the Phoenix puts the fighters on equal footing and exponentially increases their power (Echo was fighting freaking Namor in the ocean -- that should be impossible) so that's probably why he was able to last that long.

spoilers:
    I don't see Logan getting his ass beat but I also don't see him winning the fight. Phoenix seems to want T'Challa, but she could have just been toying with him.
    end of spoilers

It's Aaron. For all we know, he will retcon things and Phoenix will be Bast lol

(had to slowly back out of the Thor thread lol)

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Story telling wise, it doesn't make sense to match Bub and Namor, since they both WANT the power.

BP doesn't want it and is trying to figure out a way around it. Namor wants it bc he's nuts. That makes the most sense in the end.
    Let's just hope that Aaron remembers that BP is the most dangerous man alive when the final contest happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I think the power of the Phoenix puts the fighters on equal footing and exponentially increases their power (Echo was fighting freaking Namor in the ocean -- that should be impossible) so that's probably why he was able to last that long.

spoilers:
    I don't see Logan getting his ass beat but I also don't see him winning the fight. Phoenix seems to want T'Challa, but she could have just been toying with him.
    end of spoilers
    In all honesty, he should. Bub isn't a strategic thinker, much more of a brawler. He doesn't looks for weaknesses, or try to set up moves. He's usually going into out-of-his-mind mode and trying to overwhelm with brute force and a health patch.

Let's just hope that Aaron remembers that BP is the most dangerous man alive when the final contest happens.
    I could see something where T'challa strategically throws the fight, Namor gets the power, and then the Avengers kill him lol

No one got the Rudyard Kipling refence in the serialbox series?

Anyway, irl without T'Challa, there is no Wakanda. Neither Wakanda nor the supporting cast are strong enough to carry a solo book or movie without T'Challa as far as I'm concerned. If we had years of consistent build up with the same cast then yeah cast then yeah.

As far as the Orishas and the Wakandan gods, here is Coates biggest problem. If the Wakandan people can worship someone enough to elevate them to godhood, why hasn't any Black Panther reached that status? They did it with Storm so it makes little sense that they couldn't do it with a BP.
    I wont finish the series till this weekend.

Ultimate Member

Honestly..i still don't get how people can watch this scene and the first scene with M'baku and still argue that BP isn't T'Challa's story.

The film makers went out of their way to show that the movie isnt about the suit but the man wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I wont finish the series till this weekend.
    I just finished the 2nd episode "Resurrection". It's like trying to find the perfect time to listen and not have any distractions.

I'll try episode 3 later on today and get to the 4th tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Honestly..i still don't get how people can watch this scene and the first scene with M'baku and still argue that BP isn't T'Challa's story.

The film makers went out of their way to show that the movie isnt about the suit but the man wearing it.
    1. Haters gonna hate

2. There is a certain section of fandom that want the terminator type BP from Civil War or the Priest like version and will accept nothing else.

3. People are stupid.

Like Digi said... who had the arc in the movie? Who actually changed?

Not Killmonger. Not Shuri. Not W'kabi. Not Nakia. Not Klaw. Not Okoye. They are identical from start to finish.

Incredible Member

Anyway, irl without T'Challa, there is no Wakanda. Neither Wakanda nor the supporting cast are strong enough to carry a solo book or movie without T'Challa as far as I'm concerned. If we had years of consistent build up with the same cast then yeah cast then yeah.

As far as the Orishas and the Wakandan gods, here is Coates biggest problem. If the Wakandan people can worship someone enough to elevate them to godhood, why hasn't any Black Panther reached that status? They did it with Storm so it makes little sense that they couldn't do it with a BP.
    I dont know about the other Panthers but T'Challa at least, I seem to recall telling some kid he wasn't a god and that god works through him etc. He's probably had that conversation many times....off panel lol

This is Ultimately the same idea I have. They don't have ANY amount of development to carry the franchise. Like of this was a origin movie sure. But it's not, it's a sequel to a ongoing universe. It reminds me of one off movie's that then create a sequel that doesn't work at all because what it touches on was. It established enough in the first movie to warrant it's own spin off.

Yeah Coates can pound sand when it comes to anything BP related. The amount of disdain he has towards BP is enormous

I could see something where T'challa strategically throws the fight, Namor gets the power, and then the Avengers kill him lol
    I don't know, seems way too reckless for something T'Challa would do, he wouldn't let Namor have that kind of power and then rely on the Avengers to take him down. He ain't that trusting of the team. I see this going one of two ways. T'Challa is beating Logan but can't put him down to win the match due to his healing factor so he convinces him to submit and trust him, or (very much less ideal) they trade blows round and round, and it's a situation similar to
    Cap vs Doom and T'Challa is losing but doesn't give up and then Logan throws in the towel. Basically DW and SWII T'Challa vs Doom all over again.

Based on how he has portrayed T'Challa I doubt the latter is the case but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't know, seems way too reckless for something T'Challa would do, he wouldn't let Namor have that kind of power and then rely on the Avengers to take him down. He ain't that trusting of the team. I see this going one of two ways. T'Challa is beating Logan but can't put him down to win the match due to his healing factor so he convinces him to submit and trust him, or (very much less ideal) they trade blows round and round, and it's a situation similar to
    Cap vs Doom and T'Challa is losing but doesn't give up and then Logan throws in the towel. Basically DW and SWII T'Challa vs Doom all over again.

Based on how he has portrayed T'Challa I doubt the latter is the case but you never know.
    There's a scenario where T'Challa somehow gives Namor the illusion that he won the fight and in the end just takes the power away from him. This will make Namor that much angrier and more determined to go after BP and the Avengers.

Then again, BP doesn't have Doom's immunity from a beatdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I dont know about the other Panthers but T'Challa at least, I seem to recall telling some kid he wasn't a god and that god works through him etc. He's probably had that conversation many times....off panel lol
    Coates wouldn't let that happen. He already thinks that T'Challa is a lousy king, the last thing he'd do is make him a god.