Page 81 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181581 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Honestly..i still don't get how people can watch this scene and the first scene with M'baku and still argue that BP isn't T'Challa's story.

The film makers went out of their way to show that the movie isnt about the suit but the man wearing it.
    And now they (both the creators and casuals) are saying the franchise IS about the suit and any of the characters can fill the role.
    So it seems that the major two takeaways from the Casual audience on that scene was
    1. " is this your king meme" of Michael B Killmonger tossing Tchalla.

2. That the Black Panther is just a mantle and anyone can have it.

I'm not saying that was the intended goal. But that was certainly the effect. Maybe a thing like that should have been saved for future movies instead of the introductory movie
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-04-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Is there any character in the Marvel universe that's stronger than off panel tchalla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Is there any character in the Marvel universe that's stronger than off panel tchalla.
    Blue Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Blue Marvel.
    Ah yes lol Black Panther vs Blue Marvel the off panel fight of the century

There's a scenario where T'Challa somehow gives Namor the illusion that he won the fight and in the end just takes the power away from him. This will make Namor that much angrier and more determined to go after BP and the Avengers.

Then again, BP doesn't have Doom's immunity from a beatdown.
    BP takes the power, Avengers kill him because he lets them as that is part of his grand strategy

Kill two cats with one stone for Marvel.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Coates wouldn't let that happen. He already thinks that T'Challa is a lousy king, the last thing he'd do is make him a god.
    Oh I agree. I was just pointing out that T'Challa has no problem telling people he's not a god and just a man. But yeah, when it comes to Coates T'Challa ostensibly isn't much of a man either.

Ultimate Member

And now they (both the creators and casuals) are saying the franchise IS about the suit and any of the characters can fill the role.
    So it seems that the major two takeaways from the Casual audience on that scene was
    1. " is this your king meme" of Michael B Killmonger tossing Tchalla.

2. That the Black Panther is just a mantle and anyone can have it.

I'm not saying that was the intended goal. But that was certainly the effect. Maybe a thing like that should have been saved for future movies instead of the introductory movie
    That is what happens when you go out of your to restrict material for a character.

Despite Hudlin's run not every store stocked Black Panther's books. So your audience that is NOT hardcore is restricted to whatever they can find.

They don't see the only Black Panther was T'Challa for 60 years as the lead before Coates's run.

Same issue with Static. Static didn't have Hardware or Richie doing stuff for him-he did that on his OWN.

Ah yes lol Black Panther vs Blue Marvel the off panel fight of the century
    " Black Panther vs Blue Marvel! The battle so epic that we can't even show you what happens!"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    BP takes the power, Avengers kill him because he lets them as that is part of his grand strategy

Kill two cats with one stone for Marvel.
    Black Panther! The most dangerous man alive proves how dangerous he is by planning and executing his own death!

Black Panther! The most dangerous man alive proves how dangerous he is by planning and executing his own death!
    Too dangerous for himself!

Too dangerous to be kept alive!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

It's been a long time since we got interviews from a creator in amd medium who actually understood wakanda.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-04-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is what happens when you go out of your to restrict material for a character.

Despite Hudlin's run not every store stocked Black Panther's books. So your audience that is NOT hardcore is restricted to whatever they can find.

They don't see the only Black Panther was T'Challa for 60 years as the lead before Coates's run.

Same issue with Static. Static didn't have Hardware or Richie doing stuff for him-he did that on his OWN.
    I'm having conversations with casual fans on Facebook telling me that since there were multiple black panthers in the first movie t'chaka killmonger and panther that it doesn't really matter if Tchalla is gone because anyone can be black panther. How they came away with that take I really don't have any idea since I'm an informed fan and saw the movie differently but I've had that conversation with multiple random people

So I have two more episodes left of the serial box and I have to do that so far.... I'm disappointed.

Other than RJs 3 wonderful episodes, it's painfully clear that the only exposure, research, or motivation that the other writers seem to have is from Coates version abd the movie. Taking the worst parts from both and combining it into one, there's so much that could of been done to showcase T'Challa and Wakanda and it feels like they just drop the ball and are too focused on trying to form some weird Coates/MCU version that they downplay T'Challas power and how dangerous Wakanda should be. Other than RJ, T'Challa is just not impressive. There's so much focus and highlight that Shuri is THE genius that is gets obnoxious to hear about. Frankly it Seems only RJ cares to show that T'Challa is more than just a king and fighter.

It's been incredibly frustrating to listen to and I found myself rolling my eyes several times. Again, on not done yet but I gotta say, if THIS is the future for T'Challa going for abd the new status quo that permeates throughout all mediums... Then I won't be supporting it or getting any new BP material if this is the treatment he gets.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 02-04-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'm having conversations with casual fans on Facebook telling me that since there were multiple black panthers in the first movie t'chaka killmonger and panther that it doesn't really matter if Tchalla is gone because anyone can be black panther. How they came away with that take I really don't have any idea since I'm an informed fan and saw the movie differently but I've had that conversation with multiple random people
    So they didn't notice the ONE thing all three had in common? BLOOD LINE? They were all related.

Now how M'Baku would have fit is another story.

Shuri and any other relative would fit since the last three were family members. An older Kwezi Dzana would have fit.