Page 844 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 344744794834840841842843844845846847848854894944 ... LastLast
Results 12,646 to 12,660 of 15079

Khonshu is one of the Gods of Celestial Heliopolis, worshipped by the ancient Egyptians. In ancient times, Khonshu posed as a human Pharaoh in the city of Thebes, and later resurrected Marc Spector and blessed him with the superpowers that would make him a vigilante (the comic books, however, have always played coy with whether Marc just imagines seeing the God).

A big name Egyptian actor has supposedly been cast as Knonshu, so we're anticipating him being an integral part of this story. This gives Marvel Studios the opportunity to delve into the MCU's mythology in a meaningful way, and it's worth noting that the God has a history with Kang the Conqueror Variant Rama-Tut.

Elsewhere, Dora Milaje member Ayo will return after crossing paths with Marc when they pursue the same target. She's said to be responsible for bringing the vigilante back to the U.S.
    Someone was really high when they made this up or this is one of the most random things ever
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I hope it fails miserably LOL but as Digi said I'm not going to complain too much anymore. Just going to spread the positivity and joy of the actual Black Panther and stay vocal about a recast. Success =validation of all the nonsensical choices Feigie and Coogler made and as a previous poster said Disney/Marvel arent gonna cry about it while swimming in the money we give them for a setting based movie that completely bastardizes the mythos.

And honestly I'm not even too mad about it not happening anymore because I don't think this director can do the character Justice. Not unless he's played by Michael B Jordan.
    I am trying to prepare myself mentally for a reboot under a better director with more knowledge about the material or at least more care of it. Hopefully Hudlin can give it a shot someday with his connections

That way black panthers villains don't end up on lists like these because the directors bff played a character

10 MCU Villains More Popular Than The Heroes
    https://www.cbr.com/most-popular-mcu...paign=CBR-FB-P
    Naw a majority black with other poc I Just can't root against

no idea who "grace" is but she has no idea what she's talking about. like, zero.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I cant tell you how epic it would have been to see Chadwick Boseman as T'Challa vs Jonathan Majors as Kang in an Avengers level film. Damnit that would havve been great.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I am frankly STUNNED by how fickle you are all being.

We know NOTHING about BPWF, just suppositions and extrapolations based on a months-old comment made before the movie even started filming, and so many of you are writing the movie off sight unseen, taking every random rumor (made by folks who know as much as we do) as fact, "just in case".

How about we make a pledge? Stop griping about Shuri/Okoye/M'Baku/W'Kabi/Goon Slam Gary becoming BP until we AT LEAST get a synopsis, if not a trailer?

Because, as things stand now, you are complaining over ephemera.

"Some idiot on Twitter claims that the new Black Panther will be a transgender teenager! I'm boycotting the film!"
    I'm am speaking for myself but regardless of if T'Challa is killed off or not, I am probably not going to watch the movie. No T'Challa = no $$ from house Ezyo. Not unless there was some SERIOUSLY positive stuff for posters here that suggested that it would be worth it to watch.

I don't take actual stock in any of these rumors as everything i say is based on IFs, but it doesn't matter because I just don't see a point to watch the movie. I don't wish it I'll will not the people who choose to see it, bit unless folks here give a good reason to see it, I'm not going to. Even if T'Challa is sent away and given an ambiguous death, I still dont really care to see it. It would be made worse if they tried a "We are all the Black Panther" type route as theres a reason Wakanda has a BP in the first place

Mighty Member

No T'Challa, no $$. MCU already screwed up Yondu for me. And I'm nonplussed about their choice for Adam Warlock. And probably no T'Challa toys from the new movie 'cept maybe a fancy casket. Maybe, maybe,.....if I hear they get Kurt right in the X-Men MCU they will get a rental from me. That's it.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Naw a majority black with other poc I Just can't root against
    Im as pro black as they come. However if all Marvel has to do to get my money is tell everyone a product is all black (nevermind the story, nevermind its missing its lead, nevermind that it even makes sense) then why would they ever put much effort in their minority characters? We all read Coats last issue. Random as hell w black characters teaming for no rhyme or reason....sounds like RiRi in Wakanda to me. We can and have done much better than that while STILL using all black character team ups like the origional Crew. Old writters put in too much work to let hackery unfold all the mythos.

If Tchalla is replaceable to them then what black charcater out there is safe to invest my money, energy, time, and support into?
    They are Litterally about to try to replace him with Okoye....Okoye....and act like they can keep it movin.
    Can't condone it with my money personally.

*If thats the case (for Digi)
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-01-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Most of that is Coats, MCU or Coats adjacent.....im good
    I be tempted to buy it if they took out all the Coates stuff lol.

Take out WoW, Crew, Wakanda Forever and I would. Even though I already have Rise and KiB

Not one more coin for Coates and Friend. NOT ONE
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I was on Back of the Bus podcast to discuss Marvel recasting T’Challa via multiverse.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Saw so many kids dressed as Black Panther this Halloween. The fact that so many people (especially Black folks) are signing off on Marvel possibly killing off T’Challa makes my damn blood boil. It’s like they never even tried to consider how those kids will feel seeing their hero die on screen in addition to already experiencing the heartbreak of losing Chadwick in real life. But screw them right? Hope they like Shuri! Smh.
    Exactly.

Even white kids in my son's school were wearing BP masks. And this is in Canada.

But Marvel isn't above making dumb creative decisions (see Black Widow and apparently Eternals) and killing T'Challa will just be one of them.
    Last edited by Username taken; 11-02-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    There is a somewhat random Ombnibus coming out with various Black Panther minis

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV210973

Collecting RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER #1-6,
    BLACK PANTHER: WORLD OF WAKANDA #1-6,
    BLACK PANTHER & THE CREW #1-6,
    BLACK PANTHER: LONG LIVE THE KING #1-6,
    BLACK PANTHER ANNUAL (2018) #1,
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: WAKANDA FOREVER, X-MEN: WAKANDA FOREVER, AVENGERS: WAKANDA FOREVER,
    BLACK PANTHER VS. DEADPOOL #1-5,
    SHURI #1-10,
    KILLMONGER #1-5,
    BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #1-8,
    KING IN BLACK: BLACK PANTHER and
    THE LAST ANNIHILATION: WAKANDA -
    plus material from VENOMVERSE: WAR STORIES, MARVEL COMICS (2019) #1000, MARVEL'S VOICES #1, MARVEL'S VOICES: LEGACY and BLACK PANTHER (2018) #23-25.
    Hmm...too bad they couldn't separate KiB, BP vs DP and AoW and put them in their own collection.

They're missing the Marvel Knights mini from a few years ago.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hmm...too bad they couldn't separate KiB, BP vs DP and AoW and put them in their own collection.

The 20th anniversary celebration? Yeah, that was a good one. Also got me to read The Client and Guardian Devil.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

They should of put rise, KiB, no vs DP, Aow, Soul, sound and fury, and the MK series into one. All the stuff that was decent and not Coates Garbage. I guess they could keep BP wow issue 6

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Even white kids in my son's school were wearing BP masks. And this is in Canada.

But Marvel isn't above making dumb creative decisions (see Black Widow and apparently Eternals) and killing T'Challa will just be one of them.
    The shame is that Marvel is going to reinforce that anyone can be Black Panther.

Its not like when growing up when people dressed up as Batman they were DEFINTELY Bruce Wayne. They are making T'Challa no longer matter by removing him.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

I was on Back of the Bus podcast to discuss Marvel recasting T’Challa via multiverse.
    Very cool, so important to get valid information out there about the franchise