Page 855 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 355755805845851852853854855856857858859865905955 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And people will likely sign off on it because “boo hoo, honor Chadwick”. Lol, Redjack please tell us you’re working on something good BP related man, we need you.
    Hmm.

The way MARVEL's Nondisclosure Agreements work, I couldn't tell you even if I was involved in something Panther-related.

As I've said, while folks outside the comic book editorial world seem to like my takes on BP-related stuff, Marvel comics doesn't seem to be interested. The further along this current creative road we go, the less and less likely my version of BP will see daylight in the comics. I do not like most of the stuff from the last few years and have no interest in keeping that line going, as is, so, if they like this current direction (and it seems like they do) there's no reason for them to call me. Such is life.

If i were ever to be announced as the writer on the BP book it would either be set in the far future or distant past BP (therefore not T'Challa) or it would signal a MASSIVE change in the MU continuity.

I don't see either of those things happening. My story just can't be told under current editorial conditions. It won't fit.

In a couple years you MIGHT see an indie book that utilizes most of what i would have done with Black Panther. Schedules, artis availability and money would be the big determiner there.

But you'll know it when/if you see it. it won't be subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Hmm.

The way MARVEL's Nondisclosure Agreements work, I couldn't tell you even if I was involved in something Panther-related.

As I've said, while folks outside the comic book editorial world seem to like my takes on BP-related stuff, Marvel comics doesn't seem to be interested. The further along this current creative road we go, the less and less likely my version of BP will see daylight in the comics. I do not like most of the stuff from the last few years and have no interest in keeping that line going, as is, so, if they like this current direction (and it seems like they do) there's no reason for them to call me. Such is life.

If i were ever to be announced as the writer on the BP book it would either be set in the far future or distant past BP (therefore not T'Challa) or it would signal a MASSIVE change in the MU continuity.

I don't see either of those things happening. My story just can't be told under current editorial conditions. It won't fit.

In a couple years you MIGHT see an indie book that utilizes most of what i would have done with Black Panther. Schedules, artis availability and money would be the big determiner there.

I've been doing more indie comics lately so I'm on board with what you're about to bring.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And people will likely sign off on it because “boo hoo, honor Chadwick”. Lol, Redjack please tell us you’re working on something good BP related man, we need you.
    Seem to be working really hard to "honor someone". On paper it does sound bad in terms of honoring them. Kill them in their prime and leave the child without a father.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Just waiting for the inevitable, "we don't know what happened but we got it wrong" excuse when this ish show blows up in their face. Fcuking amateur hour.
    Coogler's talented so it could work. On paper Creed SHOULD HAVE NEVER WORKED. Yet it did. Its more Nate Moore I'm worried about. You need a strong producer to identify what can and cant work in the MCU. He just failed with The Eternals. We dont know until seeing the movie if he cancelled or declined some of these "rumors" Its execution has to be on point or people be up in arms.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    only way this even kinda works is if T'challa and son both go on a space mission somewhere and t'challa dies and they presume the kid is dead as well

get to the end credit, adn he comes back home and it ends up being a worm hole. And he is aged up because of it.

So almost similar to Cha-Cha, just add a worm hole.

Seems like a really big pain in the ass though to something VERY transparent (aka they want to keep using T'challa but "cant" and they don't want shuri panther)

Also seems like somethign that would have shuri fans FUMING.

Oh and if this is true... then you know in about 12 months, comic T'challa is about to have a son come through the worm hole from space empire days lol. Secret son from space nakia

This is weird... but if it isnt tchalla then give me CHAOS lol

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    I look forward to the announcement of Geoffrey Thorne's Plack Banther.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now that you've said it, she will be Hunter. It's inevitable.

Maybe Kiber or Achebe ---Achebenita Applebaum.
    I'm thinking she's plays Kymaera(namorita)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Seem to be working really hard to "honor someone". On paper it does sound bad in terms of honoring them. Kill them in their prime and leave the child without a father.

Coogler's talented so it could work. On paper Creed SHOULD HAVE NEVER WORKED. Yet it did. Its more Nate Moore I'm worried about. You need a strong producer to identify what can and cant work in the MCU. He just failed with The Eternals. We dont know until seeing the movie if he cancelled or declined some of these "rumors" Its execution has to be on point or people be up in arms.

Is The Eternals bad movie or is it something the MCU crowd isn't used to? We know people were bombing it because of <gasp!> diversity.

How many legit reviews do we get for movies nowadays? Somebody has a social media account and wants to be Roger Ebert.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Neither did Priest...

I'll allow it.
    At least Priest wrote T'Challa for a long time and eventually grew fond of the character.

Coogler only had him for one movie

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I'm thinking she's plays Kymaera(namorita)
    See, now I'm sad. We could have had a tag-team combo.

T'Challa/Shuri vs Namor/Namorita

Road Warriors vs The Steiner Brothers.

Rock-N-Roll Express vs The Hart Foundation.

Doom vs The Brothers of Destruction.

Harlem Heat vs Edge and Christian.

Is The Eternals bad movie or is it something the MCU crowd isn't used to? We know people were bombing it because of <gasp!> diversity.

How many legit reviews do we get for movies nowadays? Somebody has a social media account and wants to be Roger Ebert.
    I saw Eternals last weekend. It's not bad, it's just different from what the movie goers only are used to. It's kind of artsy, not a lot of quips, with was nice. Good way to kill an afternoon I'd say.

Its a bit of both. Story issues and there is a blandness to it. Should have been a series.

Honest question tho. If 5 years from now people love Nu'Challa and by some crazy method aged him to be similar to Priest Panther what will the response be? Cause I get an am fr eing angry now. However, what if they deliver the T'Challa you've always wanted on film, but just not in the method you wanted it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    At least Priest wrote T'Challa for a long time and eventually grew fond of the character.

Coogler only had him for one movie
    He's been technically writing and building around the character for 5 years. He even mentioned how he was looking forward to hearing Boseman say some of T'Challa's lines he'd written.

I agree he wasnt IN LOVE with the character. I thought he did a great job with T'Challa. Its just Shuri got a bit too much credit for her smarts and now yall ran with it (especially Ekie) that he wasnt a super genius. Like he didnt build his own suit. I just wish the camera loved him more. Just a few more "hero shots" here and there to really highlight his greatness.

Still I think he grew to love the character and was probably building something amazing for him before the tragedy.

Eternals wasn't nowhere near as bad as what people have been making it out to be. It had the same issues that the majority Marvel films had like cgi and the main deviant could've been fleshed out more and Kit Harrington's character felt out of place and just kind of there but it could payoff if he shows up in the movie that I'm thinking he will. There are other issues but they're spoilery.

Its a bit of both. Story issues and there is a blandness to it. Should have been a series.

Honest question tho. If 5 years from now people love Nu'Challa and by some crazy method aged him to be similar to Priest Panther what will the response be? Cause I get an am fr eing angry now. However, what if they deliver the T'Challa you've always wanted on film, but just not in the method you wanted it?
    Meh, if they found some way to age him up and make him like Priest T’Challa I’ll still think the way they went about it was stupid but if his appearances from then on have him doing the stuff we loved T’Challa for like shadow physics and punking Mephisto then whatever. Still think outright recast or variant are the best options in my book.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 11-08-2021 at 02:39 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

He's been technically writing and building around the character for 5 years. He even mentioned how he was looking forward to hearing Boseman say some of T'Challa's lines he'd written.

I agree he wasnt IN LOVE with the character. I thought he did a great job with T'Challa. Its just Shuri got a bit too much credit for her smarts and now yall ran with it (especially Ekie) that he wasnt a super genius. Like he didnt build his own suit. I just wish the camera loved him more. Just a few more "hero shots" here and there to really highlight his greatness.

Still I think he grew to love the character and was probably building something amazing for him before the tragedy.
    5 years?

He was announced as director in 2015 and the film got released in 2018. Unless he was in cahoots with Marvel before they initially wanted to pick Ava, then, I don't know how he was building around the character for 5 years. Maybe after the first BP?
    Last edited by Dboi654; 11-08-2021 at 02:27 PM.

Well, based on reports from friends of mine whose opinion I trust, the film is poorly-paced, characters are undeveloped, and the plot is somewhat nonsensical. Plus, the director claimed Zach Snyder inspired her, which doesn't help much (but explains the muted palate)

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    5 years?

He was announced as director in 2015 and the film got released in 2018. Unless he was in cahoots with Marvel before they initially wanted to pick Ava, then, I don't know how he was building around the character for 5 years. Maybe after the first BP?
    His comment was present tense. It's been (over) 5 years since 2015...