Page 860 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 360760810850856857858859860861862863864870910960 ... LastLast
Results 12,886 to 12,900 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s not that folks are expecting in-depth characterization from a team up book, it’s more like “Nothing truly standout or great is being done with T’Challa in a major/well received title and it’s been that way for a few years.” Aaron’s doing the lord’s work with T’Challa on Avengers and it’s definitely not his fault he can’t do more substantial stuff with the character.

But I don’t think his work is creating any new BP fans or inspiring interest/acclaim in comic T’Challa. No comics with T’Challa in them are doing that and that’s a terrible place to be for a character about to get a relaunch after a string of unprecedented low-selling solo comics and with zero MCU hype.
    You can say the same thing with all of the characters with the exception maybe of Jennifer. No one is being written as breakout. Only the X-Men do in-depth characterization and that's more about who's sleeping with who and what outfit you're wearing to the ball. And even then it's only centered around 7-8 characters. Even if Aaron wrote an inspirational T'CHalla in the Avengers, there's no guarantee that it will translate into a solo comic. It's up to the writer and editor of the solo to inspire interest and acclaim.

If we had a competent BP solo book out, doing all the things we wanted then we would look so hard at Avengers to fill that void. Quite honestly, I want BP doing feats in Avengers while the solo gives me characterization and feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If they would've just delayed and recast these issues could've been avoided

You know what? Just cancel this stupid movie already.
    AE2AC4CB-BEB4-46A4-9BFD-A8AD2F6946C9.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    For a stupid little weird comic

T'challa got to do a lot in Tech on #4 BTW

WE FINALLY GOT SOMETHING IN THE COMICS!!! WOOOO HOOOOO

spoilers:
    and Wakanda? T'challa? Shuri? upgraded the stark suites btw. For those complaining earlier about Stark giving panther stuff
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    How I interpreted it, T'Challa made the upgrades to the suit Tony have him "... But it also gave me time to Stark's panther armor to incorporate a full array of Wakandan improvements". However, I am getting weary of the need to have force feed Shuri into everything when he talks about how she discovered the secret behind the infinite dust. She isn't even in the comic so why do people feel the need to keep including her in everything super genius related with T'Challa
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

You can say the same thing with all of the characters with the exception maybe of Jennifer. No one is being written as breakout. Only the X-Men do in-depth characterization and that's more about who's sleeping with who and what outfit you're wearing to the ball. And even then it's only centered around 7-8 characters. Even if Aaron wrote an inspirational T'CHalla in the Avengers, there's no guarantee that it will translate into a solo comic. It's up to the writer and editor of the solo to inspire interest and acclaim.

If we had a competent BP solo book out, doing all the things we wanted then we would look so hard at Avengers to fill that void. Quite honestly, I want BP doing feats in Avengers while the solo gives me characterization and feats.

Yea I see what you’re saying, Avengers books have always been light on characterization for the characters that got solos. Which is why I’m perfectly content with what Aaron’s put out, I’m just pointing out that his writing of the character is part of the wider situation of T’Challa not having truly great content in circulation atm. That’s not to say that he’s supposed to do more anything more than he’s already done ya know? Coates as always deserves the majority of the blame for the current state of the comic IP that because like you said the solo does most of the heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If they would've just delayed and recast these issues could've been avoided
    Why do I feel like Letitia is self sabotaging?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I can only hope it’s few years in case of the worst case scenario. But it’s really irritating that whatever the MCU does tends to bleed into other mediums including the source material. This never happens with dc.
    That's because most of DC's outside products are failures outside of the DC Animated Movies ( and I guess the Wonder Woman movies and that one Shazam movie) and Series. Also DC refuses to change anything about its core concepts until the remember how much market share they are losing they then change everything in an ill conceived panic.

What could the source material get from the DCCU?

It’s not that folks are expecting in-depth characterization from a team up book, it’s more like “Nothing truly standout or great is being done with T’Challa in a major/well received title and it’s been that way for a few years.” Aaron’s doing the lord’s work with T’Challa on Avengers and it’s definitely not his fault he can’t do more substantial stuff with the character.

But I don’t think his work is creating any new BP fans or inspiring interest/acclaim in comic T’Challa. No comics with T’Challa in them are doing that and that’s a terrible place to be for a character about to get a relaunch after a string of unprecedented low-selling solo comics and with zero MCU hype.
    This is why Ridley needs to actually do the espionage angle right, AND why people are concerned about this OC that supposedly going to be a major component going forward.

We already got failed OC concepts from Coates in the MA, Tetu, Zenzi, and changaroo, as well as space M'Baku and Nakia. So why bring In more OCs when there is a plethora of support characters that can be used and explored while the lions share focuses on T'Challa? Honestly I am pretty much ambivalent to Ridley. His first interview made me breathe easy but then the following on gave me red flags and Coates vibes. I guess we will see soon enough

Ridley’s writing a comic out right now with a similar archetype in Jace Fox Batman, you guys should check that out just to see if it grips you. So far I Am Batman has been pretty good which is why I’m looking forward to his Black Panther still.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ridley’s writing a comic out right now with a similar archetype in Jace Fox Batman, you guys should check that out just to see if it grips you. So far I Am Batman has been pretty good which is why I’m looking forward to his Black Panther still.
    I've been reading it along with the Other History of the DC Universe just to check out Ridley's style. If he keeps the approach with BP like I am Batman and just amps it up a little more, we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This is why Ridley needs to actually do the espionage angle right, AND why people are concerned about this OC that supposedly going to be a major component going forward.

We already got failed OC concepts from Coates in the MA, Tetu, Zenzi, and changaroo, as well as space M'Baku and Nakia. So why bring In more OCs when there is a plethora of support characters that can be used and explored while the lions share focuses on T'Challa? Honestly I am pretty much ambivalent to Ridley. His first interview made me breathe easy but then the following on gave me red flags and Coates vibes. I guess we will see soon enough
    They should have made Happy Pants Panther the villain for the new solo. Crazy good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    spoilers:
    How I interpreted it, T'Challa made the upgrades to the suit Tony have him "... But it also gave me time to Stark's panther armor to incorporate a full array of Wakandan improvements". However, I am getting weary of the need to have force feed Shuri into everything when he talks about how she discovered the secret behind the infinite dust. She isn't even in the comic so why do people feel the need to keep including her in everything super genius related with T'Challa
    end of spoilers
    Exactly. Which was my problem with the Avengers game. Man can't fix a light bulb without talking about Shuri suddenly

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Exactly. Which was my problem with the Avengers game. Man can't fix a light bulb without talking about Shuri suddenly
    Question: How many Wakandans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Answer: Wakanda question is this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Soon T’Challa won’t be able to fight without Okoye leading the charge lol.

Soon T’Challa won’t be able to fight without Okoye leading the charge lol.
    LOL I'm not mad about Okoye but Shuri is a debacle. It's much easier for people to write two characters that can fight extremely well side by side then a novice to come in and try to portray two black characters male/female characters being extremely smart. I doubt we will see a situation where t'challa gets beat down and then Okoye walks up and knocks out the villain. Or TChalla cowers and calls Okoye to come save him.
    But this is the case with the new mcu Shuri spreading through all mediums like a disease. Ppl with little talent diminishing him to give her a role
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-10-2021 at 01:06 PM.