Page 863 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 363763813853859860861862863864865866867873913963 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,945 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol they could give us a scene of all of T’Challa’s girlfriends showing up to comfort if he’s going to be constantly getting his ass beat like Peter is getting right now:

Personally I hope the Storm relationship is put to bed, I say pair T’Challa up with a villainess. Could be Zanda or someone else but T’Challa needs someone more… playful, someone who can get him to loosen up and have fun.
    If they did a scene like this where the women that T'Challa was actually in a relationship with showed up, sadly there would only be two women.

I thought Black Swan died in Unworthy Thor mini.

I know corvus is dead and i thought proxima bit the dust too
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I thought Black Swan died in Unworthy Thor mini.

I know corvus is dead and i thought proxima bit the dust too
    The Black Order mini(2018) came out after Unworthy Thor(2017). Apparently they weren't as dead as we thought.

I forgot they were in Avengers: No Surrender as well and that was in 2018
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 11-10-2021 at 05:49 PM.

Personally I hope the Storm relationship is put to bed, I say pair T’Challa up with a villainess. Could be Zanda or someone else but T’Challa needs someone more… playful, someone who can get him to loosen up and have fun.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Great art there. I did like their dynamic in Black Panther's Quest.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Lol they could give us a scene of all of T’Challa’s girlfriends showing up to comfort if he’s going to be constantly getting his ass beat like Peter is getting right now:

Yea an anti-hero LI is exactly what T'Challa needs in terms of characterization now. We've gotten a lot of "Noble Negro" T'Challa and lazy characterization that's removed all the nuance and moral ambiguity he used to have. They've also doubled down on playing into the fact T'Challa just isn't worthy of Storm, just look at that BP cover by Alex Ross, and that's on T'Challa's 200th issue. Or how Coates constantly had T'Challa exalting and apologizing to Storm but rarely being shown as an equal. Hell I hear more about how Wakandans worship Storm than why she even wants to be in Wakanda in the first place, it's all just about feeding X-fans' ego because frankly Coates was more of an X-fan. Hence his obsession with injecting every D-list mutant he could find into the story.

And to top it all off T'Challa hasn't been shown as happy or confident in a long ass time. I'll be the first one to say T'Challa should struggle with the weight of the throne but damn let the dude crack a smile and have a personality that's more than "I never wanted to be king" or "I like Storm." Reading the last few years of BP there's pretty much nothing else to his being lol.

It'd be refreshing to put him with someone who isn't too cool for school and who's only purpose is to get feats at his expense. Someone who's allowed to be vulnerable and flawed when they're around him and isn't ALWAYS the one in the right. Because ya know, T'Challa's a good character and he should be shown in a positive light every now and then lol. Nightshade and Zanda are my top choices because they bring all that (conceptually at least) while also being fun-loving, eccentric characters in their own right.

And just from a numbers standpoint it's better for diversity. Storm doesn't need T'Challa to be popular. She's the favorite token of the X-Office, she'll always have a seat at the table just like T'Challa will always be a major Avenger. Whereas Zanda, Nightshade, Malice, etc. are pretty much irrelevant unless they get propped up in a book. It does so much more for black female representation in the MU to uplift a D-lister like Zanda to stardom as part of the BP franchise than having Storm leech of T'Challa's brand when she never needed to.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-10-2021 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea an anti-hero LI is exactly what T'Challa needs in terms of characterization now. We've gotten a lot of "Noble Negro" T'Challa and lazy characterization that's removed all the nuance and moral ambiguity he used to have. They've also doubled down on playing into the fact T'Challa just isn't worthy of Storm, just look at that BP cover by Alex Ross, and that's on T'Challa's 200th issue. Or how Coates constantly had T'Challa exalting and apologizing to Storm but rarely being shown as an equal. Hell I hear more about how Wakandans worship Storm than why she even wants to be in Wakanda in the first place, it's all just about feeding X-fans' ego because frankly Coates was more of an X-fan. Hence his obsession with injecting every D-list mutant he could find into the story.

And to top it all off T'Challa hasn't been shown as happy or confident in a long ass time. I'll be the first one to say T'Challa should struggle with the weight of the throne but damn let the dude crack a smile and have a personality that's more than "I never wanted to be king" or "I like Storm." Reading the last few years of BP there's pretty much nothing else to his being lol.

It'd be refreshing to put him with someone who isn't too cool for school and who's only purpose is to get feats at his expense. Someone who's allowed to be vulnerable and flawed when they're around him and isn't ALWAYS the one in the right. Because ya know, it's T'Challa's a good character and he should be shown in a positive light every now and then lol. Nightshade and Zanda are my top choices because they bring all that (conceptually at least) while also being fun-loving, eccentric characters in their own right.
    Nightshade would be pretty cool, too, especially given she did try to turn over a new leaf with Supreme Power's Nighthawk when he ended up stuck in 616.

T'Challa should date a rival ruler or monarch.

(Oh wait, is that kind of Zanda? Dang it ).

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

How are we feeling about Nate Moore's comments?

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is currently on a production hiatus as Letitia Wright recovers from an injury on set. "There's plenty for us to be doing," Moore pointed out on ComicBook.com's Phase Zero podcast, an interview taking place to discuss his work on the recently released Eternals. "Coogler's back and he's a great partner," he added.

There was no way to talk about the film without addressing the tragic loss of the crew's inspiration and leading man, Boseman. "I think this movie has different sort of pressure on it, obviously, with the loss of Chadwick, which was unexpected and unprecedented in a way narratively, to figure out how to deal with," Moore admitted. "So beyond, 'Hey, we want to make a big, fun time,' and people of the first movie, it's how do we sort of do right by his legacy and tell a story that isn't exploitative, which we would never, ever do, but builds on the things that he loved about the property and builds on the things that he brought to the property in a way that is enjoyable, feels real, feels earned, feels organic. Because I think we're going to see the movie in two lenses, pure entertainment, but also cathartic. And we have to be conscious of both of those lenses as we're making it."

"That's hard to say," Moore said. "I mean, I would be lying if I didn't want people to be most excited about Black Panther 2, just because that's what I'm thinking about 24 hours a day. But no, but I think everything is becoming more different. And that's something we talk a lot about. And again, for better or for worse what Eternals is doing, is showing you that we can do different kinds of things. Because we're quite aware of how much stuff we make. We're super aware of the movies we've made in the past. For us, as we go forward, it's how do we make Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness different from Thor: Love and Thunder, different from Wakanda Forever, different from The Marvels, different from Ms. Marvel, different from Hawkeye. There is a lot of stuff."
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...oseman-legacy/

I still dont know why no one asks the hard question. How close were to recasting T'CHalla and what ultimately made you decide not to? Whats your response to people who feel removing his character is disrespectful to Boseman and the history of the character?

No different than what's been said before by others

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Nightshade would be pretty cool, too, especially given she did try to turn over a new leaf with Supreme Power's Nighthawk when he ended up stuck in 616.
    Yea her evolution through Nighthawk, Occupy Avengers, and Secret Empire made me think she'd be decent as a Black Panther LI. Tilda is an unsung hero of that era of Marvel comics and she's lowkey one of the best black reformed villains/anti-heroes out there. She's been trying to play good for a bit so seeing her wrestle with the demons of her past, the people she may have harmed during her days as a villain, etc. would be fascinating. And she's pretty much a blank slate, no one's used her since like 2018, who knows where she's been and what connections she's built since then.

Plus she's a (formerly mad) scientist like T'Challa. Last time they met in the Priest run T'Challa said biochem wasn't his thing and that under different circumstances he'd like to learn from her. Pretty sure she said something similar. There's enough there to do something interesting, it just comes down to whether or not writers want to retread the same character beats with Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    T'Challa should date a rival ruler or monarch.

(Oh wait, is that kind of Zanda? Dang it ).
    Technically we have that with Storm since she now rules Mars. Which means a lot of the issues that she poses as a LI actually get worse lol. Power couples are played out with T'Challa, someone who's less regal and heroic is a good change of pace imo. Marvel's been trying to give T'Challa a Mera for a while now, it'd be dope to see him with a Catwoman type.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-10-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea her evolution through Nighthawk, Occupy Avengers, and Secret Empire made me think she'd be decent as a Black Panther LI. Tilda is an unsung hero of that era of Marvel comics and she's lowkey one of the best black reformed villains/anti-heroes out there. She's been trying to play good for a bit so seeing her wrestle with the demons of her past, the people she may have harmed during her days as a villain, etc. would be fascinating. And she's pretty much a blank slate, no one's used her since like 2018, who knows where she's been and what connections she's built since then.

Plus she's a (formerly mad) scientist like T'Challa. Last time they met in the Priest run T'Challa said biochem wasn't his thing and that under different circumstances he'd like to learn from her. Pretty sure she said something similar. There's enough there to do something interesting, it just comes down to whether or not writers want to retread the same character beats with Storm.

Technically we have that with Storm since she now rules Mars. Which means a lot of the issues that she poses as a LI actually get worse lol. Power couples are played out with T'Challa, someone who's less regal and heroic is a good change of pace imo. Marvel's been trying to give T'Challa a Mera for a while now, it'd be dope to see him with a Catwoman type.
    Yeah, that's more-or-less what I was thinking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

I still dont know why no one asks the hard question. How close were to recasting T'CHalla and what ultimately made you decide not to? Whats your response to people who feel removing his character is disrespectful to Boseman and the history of the character?
    His heart may be in the right place, but in the end still no T'Challa, therefore the inconvenience remains.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    No different than what's been said before by others
    Nate Moore is not an ally

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

No one asks those questions because it would be a horrible thing to ask of the people who were Boseman's friends and co-workers.