Page 867 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 367767817857863864865866867868869870871877917967 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,005 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    Shaking my damn head at all this bs. Welp, those clowns brought this all on themselves. All they had to do was wait a little longer, let people grieve and then recast the role. Now look at them. Morons.
    They really got no one to blame but themselves for this. It just sucks that whatever nonsense they put on the big screen is gonna infect the other mediums. War for Wakanda was in development before Boseman’s death and it at the very least didn’t import everything single thing from the movies. I shudder at the idea of new BP content once they establish Shuri/M’Baku/Okoye/Backhand Barry/Ramonda/Azari/whoever the fuck as T’Challa’s replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    They really got no one to blame but themselves for this. It just sucks that whatever nonsense they put on the big screen is gonna infect the other mediums. War for Wakanda was in development before Boseman’s death and it at the very least didn’t import everything single thing from the movies. I shudder at the idea of new BP content once they establish Shuri/M’Baku/Okoye/Backhand Barry/Ramonda/Azari/whoever the fuck as T’Challa’s replacement.
    It's going to be complete chaos for the fanbase. See how quickly they turned on Shuri after the Leticia stuff. Because there was never really any loyalty to the character and There won't be any loyalty to any of these new characters either but that won't stop new fans from asking for more content featuring them at the expense T'Challa.
    Coats era mass production of side characters on all forms of media with the exact same results in the end. Little to no support from the new MCU fans.

Like I said in the beginning Marvel would rather promote Blackness than promote the actual characters because that is the only value they see in them. About to Tyler Perry this thing out until the money Runs Dry.
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-12-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Last edited by Ekie; 11-12-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    It's going to be complete chaos for the fanbase. See how quickly they turned on Shuri after the Leticia stuff. Because there was never really any loyalty to the character and There won't be any loyalty to any of these new characters either but that won't stop new fans from asking for more content featuring them at the expense T'Challa.
    Coats era mass production of side characters on all forms of media with the exact same results in the end. Little to no support from the new MCU fans.

Like I said in the beginning Marvel would rather promote Blackness than promote the actual characters because that is the only value they see in them. About to Tyler Perry this thing out until the money Runs Dry.

Madea fa evaahhh!

Wonder if this’ll finally get those two to bury the hatchet. Probably not.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    At least Ironheart gets a series.

They just ain't gonna let that go. They throw punches, they decide to work together, they come to an understanding.

'Til the next time.

Let this be the end of their beef. For years Marvel made it seem like some big confrontation was going to happen and it never did. Hickman should've let Namor die after T'Challa stabbed and left him behind if he was just going to get easily yeeted by God Doom and brought back anyway.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    There’s no way to bury the hatchet in a way that doesn’t make one or the other seem like a wimp. Namor is indirectly responsible for the death of T’Challa’s sister and the genocide of Wakanda right before Secret Wars. I can see T’Challa rationalizing that continuing the war is moot when he revived the multiverse. But forgiving someone that destroyed everything you love? That’s just bad writing.

Same goes for Namor, literally his entire being is about Atlantis, including friends like Andromeda. T’Challa and Shuri are directly responsible for killing Namor’s only reason for existing, he should never forgive them for that even if he doesn’t see the point in further conflict. At absolute best they should be able to work together for mutual benefit, but there’s no way for them to be friends again. Way too much bloodshed on both sides for that to make sense. I think they’ll walk away from Aaron’s story with a cordial, if tense understanding about the pressures of kingship. Maybe they realize that under different circumstances they could have been friends.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-12-2021 at 12:05 PM.

Pretty accurate. Marvel is undoubtedly banking on the same support from the Black community that the first had and with T'Challa gone they're definitely going to lean heavily on the fact that Black women are at the forefront in the marketing as well as using Chadwick's death to "honor" him. I expect Chadwick's passing and the women being used as shields to deflect any criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    So long as the hatchet goes into Namor's chest

There’s no way to bury the hatchet in a way that doesn’t make one or the other seem like a wimp. Namor is indirectly responsible for the death of T’Challa’s sister and the genocide of Wakanda right before Secret Wars. I can see T’Challa rationalizing that continuing the war is moot when he revived the multiverse. But forgiving someone that destroyed everything you love? That’s just bad writing.

Same goes for Namor, literally his entire being is about Atlantis, including friends like Andromeda. T’Challa and Shuri are directly responsible for killing Namor’s only reason for existing, he should never forgive them for that even if he doesn’t see the point in further conflict. At absolute best they should be able to work together for mutual benefit, but there’s no way for them to be friends again. Way too much bloodshed on both sides for that to make sense. I think they’ll walk away from Aaron’s story with a cordial, if tense understanding about the pressures of kingship. Maybe they realize that under different circumstances they could have been friends.
    I would say Shuri was mostly at fault because T'Challa did try to de-escalate the situation by trying to talk them out of engaging in any war that would lead to more bloodshed and death but was met with disagreement from Shuri and the council.

Even T'Challa told Namor that he tried and that he should go and help his people.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I would say Shuri was mostly at fault because T'Challa did try to de-escalate the situation by trying to talk them out of engaging in any war that would lead to more bloodshed and death but was met with disagreement from Shuri and the council.

Even T'Challa told Namor that he tried and that he should go and help his people.
    My reading of that scene was that T’Challa called the meeting with Namor to distract him while the Wakandan forces struck Atlantis, which is why T’Challa didn’t tell him he tried until after the attack had already begun. I understood it as T’Challa deciding that if Wakanda was going to war it was gonna be in a way that led to the least casualties for their side. Even if that wasn’t the case Namor probably doesn’t care and he’s far from the most reasonable guy.

My reading of that scene was that T’Challa called the meeting with Namor to distract him while the Wakandan forces struck Atlantis, which is why T’Challa didn’t tell him he tried until after the attack had already begun. I understood it as T’Challa deciding that if Wakanda was going to war it was gonna be in a way that led to the least casualties for their side. Even if that wasn’t the case Namor probably doesn’t care and he’s far from the most reasonable guy.
    I think T'Challa added to it all by distracting Namor but I don't think he enjoyed doing it based on how he looked the whole time while having a conversation with Namor. Almost as if he was pushed into doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Pretty accurate. Marvel is undoubtedly banking on the same support from the Black community that the first had and with T'Challa gone they're definitely going to lean heavily on the fact that Black women are at the forefront in the marketing as well as using Chadwick's death to "honor" him. I expect Chadwick's passing and the women being used as shields to deflect any criticism.
    Well with more and more people coming out in support of a recast in light of Letitia’s nonsense, I hope this blows up in their face spectacularly.

Heck even this guy agrees that T’Challa should be recast! And he’s a producer!BF993F7A-74BE-4AE5-89C5-F2753E4D8B91.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"