Page 879 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 379779829869875876877878879880881882883889929979 ... LastLast
Results 13,171 to 13,185 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I'm loving the response on social media. Thank you Van Lathan for starting a dialogue! Even though I think he could have taken it further with a follow up question.
    We have a good 6 months to continue being loud about this. And then hopefully those "last minute reshoots" pop up
    Nah if anything, give credit to E-Man for getting the ball rolling on this. Man if I have a good thing to say about this it’s that it shows that a lot of folks are on board with a recast. And if Marvel thinks there’s a divisive response to all of this now, it’s only gonna grow the more time passes. Especially if Letitia’s antics delay the film till 2023.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I don't even care if they make Shuri the new BP. All I care about is ensuring the survival of T'Challa which might not come to fruition based on what the Marvel execs are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I don't even care if they make Shuri the new BP. All I care about is ensuring the survival of T'Challa which might not come to fruition based on what the Marvel execs are saying.
    Regardless, Nate Moore saying MCU 616 was a very interesting choice of words. Still a little bit of hope for a variant to come in later on. Other than that, I’m good with the MCU side of this franchise. Unless the T’Challa jr rumor is true and they find a way to age the little guy up. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    yeah it isn't about Shuri in particular. I don't want anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Anyway, do we have any final predictions on who the villain for Ridley’s first arc is?
    I think it is a new OC.

If it is an old one, I think it is Hunter
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Seeing more and more people saying they should recast. I don’t want to open myself up to hoping but it’s encouraging to see.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    yeah it isn't about Shuri in particular. I don't want anyone else.

I think it is a new OC.

If it is an old one, I think it is Hunter
    Hunter is a good choice as well. Still hope it’s Achebe though.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

This might sound callous but Coogler should’ve just handed the franchise off to someone else if he was that unwilling to continue with T’Challa. For him Chadwick will always be T’Challa and I respect that, but then he should’ve given the franchise to someone else. New director and new lead actor. I hate to be a downer but given we can’t even get a Spider-Man cartoon outside the MCU I dunno what the long term prospects are for T’Challa if they’re flat out refusing to recast MCU T’Challa. Marvel seems determined to make everything connect to the main universe.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hunter is a good choice as well. Still hope it’s Achebe though.
    Been saying for a long time T’Challa and Hunter going at it would be a ton of fun.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You literally just described several things the narrative of the movie will inevitably cover. Is Shuri ready? Probably not, so we'll most likely see her journey in the film, which is what makes the most sense. Fans can get those versions from white heroes because their actors haven't died. What's not clicking? It's getting weird, y'all are looking for any reason to dismiss this movie before you've even seen a second of footage, let alone a plot synopsis. It's getting weird and misogynistic.
    Lol. Throwing misogynistic on There now are we? No wherein my post did I say Shuri should not be BP because she is a woman. The movie made it clear that this Shuri is not comic Shuri, who was actually trained to take on the role of BP. The movie went out of its way to make it very clear Shuri is NOT set up that way.

This isn't a oh she needs a heroes journey to earn the role. Shuri can't training montage her way into becoming BP when the first movie drove the point that T'Challa literally trained and prepared his entire life, and was BP already for 10 years prior to the start of the movie and he still wasn't fully sure he was ready, and what? Going to have teen Shuri just swoop in and take over no problem? That flies into the face of everything that was established.

It isn't weird to want the title character to *gasp* be in his own franchise and have his story told to completion. Why aren't you pushing for a storm movie or misty knight? Ther are plenty of black female characters who have their own franchises out there.

We got 2 jokers since ledger died they recast Spartacus when Andrew Whitfield died of cancer. What's not clicking? Why are you so hellbent that T'Challa MUST be removed from his own franchise? A character who has existed for 50+ years replaced and we are supposed to just be cool with it? That's weird

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This might sound callous but Coogler should’ve just handed the franchise off to someone else if he was that unwilling to continue with T’Challa. For him Chadwick will always be T’Challa and I respect that, but then he should’ve given the franchise to someone else. New director and new lead actor. I hate to be a downer but given we can’t even get a Spider-Man cartoon outside the MCU I dunno what the long term prospects are for T’Challa if they’re flat out refusing to recast MCU T’Challa. Marvel seems determined to make everything connect to the main universe.

Been saying for a long time T’Challa and Hunter going at it would be a ton of fun.
    Hey we’re about to get a revival of 90’s X-Men produced by Marvel studios so an animated project set outside of the MCU is still possible. Let’s hope EMH gets revived, and of course a video game is a must.

And yeah Hunter would essentially be T’Challas Loki in a sense. It’s shocking he hasn’t been used more.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    You literally just described several things the narrative of the movie will inevitably cover. Is Shuri ready? Probably not, so we'll most likely see her journey in the film, which is what makes the most sense. Fans can get those versions from white heroes because their actors haven't died. What's not clicking? It's getting weird, y'all are looking for any reason to dismiss this movie before you've even seen a second of footage, let alone a plot synopsis. It's getting weird and misogynistic.
    There are literally hundreds of pages in this thread where everyone has expressed their views.

Misogyny has never been brought up as a reason for not wanting Shuri to become BP. Everyone wants T'Challa arc to be told just like every other hero who had a solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Lol. Throwing misogynistic on There now are we? No wherein my post did I say Shuri should not be BP because she is a woman. The movie made it clear that this Shuri is not comic Shuri, who was actually trained to take on the role of BP. The movie went out of its way to make it very clear Shuri is NOT set up that way.

This isn't a oh she needs a heroes journey to earn the role. Shuri can't training montage her way into becoming BP when the first movie drove the point that T'Challa literally trained and prepared his entire life, and was BP already for 10 years prior to the start of the movie and he still wasn't fully sure he was ready, and what? Going to have teen Shuri just swoop in and take over no problem? That flies into the face of everything that was established.

It isn't weird to want the title character to *gasp* be in his own franchise and have his story told to completion. Why aren't you pushing for a storm movie or misty knight? Ther are plenty of black female characters who have their own franchises out there.

We got 2 jokers since ledger died they recast Spartacus when Andrew Whitfield died of cancer. What's not clicking? Why are you so hellbent that T'Challa MUST be removed from his own franchise? A character who has existed for 50+ years replaced and we are supposed to just be cool with it? That's weird
    Bro, we've had this discussion before when people don't go back and read all the comments that were made earlier, like months ago. Some just jump in somewhere and just start lobbing.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Anyway, do we have any final predictions on who the villain for Ridley’s first arc is?

We really are gonna need a separate MCU Wakanda thread for all the unfans and other people watching the movie to post because I don’t imagine we’ll be talking much about comics as WF gets closer lol. Especially if T’Challa’s not gonna be in it.
    Kinda want an old rogue. The problem lately has been when introducing a OC is that they downplay T'Challa instead of up playing the rogue. Let it be a character revitalize

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post
    The response on Twitter is telling.

With Nate Moore saying aloud what many feared, it’s becoming clearer how ‘Black Panther’ fans feel about this decision. It’s also clear that there are day 1 fans, since the movie fans, and agenda based fans (who tell you there’s precedent in the comics that they’ve obviously not read themselves), lining up on their sides.

One thing is for certain already. Disney/Marvel want be able to honestly say this was a decision for the fandom.
    Dude it's loud and clear. The vast majority, atleast 75% responding on Twitter are saying this decision doesn't make sense. The ones quoting the comics are showing they haven't read them. And then there are those whom are marvel fans in general not necessarily BP fans are saying it's a whack decision. It's only going to get louder. The hype is not there the decision was made at break neck speed and completely emotionally based and poorly thought out, and the Movie os running into setback after set back on an already mountainous task Before other shit hot the fan

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Seeing more and more people saying they should recast. I don’t want to open myself up to hoping but it’s encouraging to see.
    Absolutely.

People are catching up and starting to realize Marvel's hubris here.

Not to mention Letitia Wright's mess is allowing people to cast a critical eye on the production.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Exactly.

If Coogler was too broken by Chadwick's death, he should have handed over the production to someone else.

And most importantly, Marvel should have delayed the f...ing movie and recast!!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    Yeah, Chadwick Boseman WAS T'Challa, but the role pretty much has to be recast at some point. Big shoes to fill, but I want classic BP, who I've been reading about since the sixties, not Shuri, who's been around for five minutes.