Page 880 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 380780830870876877878879880881882883884890930980 ... LastLast
Results 13,186 to 13,200 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    How is this at all a **** up on Marvel's part? Chadwick died. The comics and the MCU both set precedence for the mantle passing to Shuri in this instance. People really need to get over it. For those who are clamoring for a super genius straight black male self-insert character to justify their fandom, Blue Marvel is right there. There should be more of a push to adapt him into the MCU rather than shitting all over the future of MCU BP/Wakanda because T'Challa is no longer around.
    Imagine coming into to a BlackPanther topic and telling the ppl there to go be fans of Blue Marvel instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    blah blah blah trash post movie still won oscars and was a cultural moment.

I can disagree with with what they are doing now. However, in one movie with T'Challa as lead they made magic happen.
    There's a reason I don't respond to you but I'll do it this time. It would have won awards anyway being the first of its kind. A good job isnt the only job
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-15-2021 at 10:51 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Imagine coming into to a BlackPanther topic and telling the ppl there to go be fans of Blue Marvel instead.
    It’s either trolling or outright bigotry which is why people shouldn’t dignify it with a response.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    How is this at all a **** up on Marvel's part? Chadwick died. The comics and the MCU both set precedence for the mantle passing to Shuri in this instance. People really need to get over it. For those who are clamoring for a super genius straight black male self-insert character to justify their fandom, Blue Marvel is right there. There should be more of a push to adapt him into the MCU rather than shitting all over the future of MCU BP/Wakanda because T'Challa is no longer around.
    The comics are irrelevant. And the first movie made it quite clear that Shuri wasn't a suitable replacement, not only on Challenge day, but when they went to the Jabari to petiion M'Baku to take the HSH. She was right there, and nobody even considered her.

I'm always amazed by how people expect the comics to drive the MCU, when it's clearly the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This might sound callous but Coogler should’ve just handed the franchise off to someone else if he was that unwilling to continue with T’Challa. For him Chadwick will always be T’Challa and I respect that, but then he should’ve given the franchise to someone else. New director and new lead actor. I hate to be a downer but given we can’t even get a Spider-Man cartoon outside the MCU I dunno what the long term prospects are for T’Challa if they’re flat out refusing to recast MCU T’Challa. Marvel seems determined to make everything connect to the main universe.

Been saying for a long time T’Challa and Hunter going at it would be a ton of fun.
    I disagree. The problem isn't that Coogler should of handed the franchise over. The problem is with Disney immediately coming to Coogler whom just learned his friend died, and asking him what are they doing with T'Challa. Feige should of called and said "Hey, we heard the news, we are putting the sequel on a temporary hiatus, take time to grieve and we will be in contact in a few months" and actually let The crew breathe and take it in. Thinking about it, it makes obvious sense that so soon after learning about his passing Coogler would want to honor his friend and do so like this.

So no I don't blame Coogler, he was hurting the loss of his friend. Especially given the pandemic was in full swing too they should not of been trying to keep the original release date.

They really came in here, called us misogynistic and told us to be blue marvel fans instead. I’m yodelling lmaoooo.

If you’re gonna gaslight, try harder at least

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    The comics are irrelevant. And the first movie made it quite clear that Shuri wasn't a suitable replacement, not only on Challenge day, but when they went to the Jabari to petiion M'Baku to take the HSH. She was right there, and nobody even considered her.

I'm always amazed by how people expect the comics to drive the MCU, when it's clearly the other way around.
    Ramonda deadass asked Nakia first lol.

Right in front of Shuri.

Then Nakia went, "lets go ask the person who worships a completely different god."

Didn't even look Shuri's direction.

From a pure story telling perspective, I wouldn't want another coming of age "time to be a ruler because the prevoius one died" story hitting the same beats that we just got a movie for.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    There's a reason I don't respond to you but I'll do it this time. It would have won awards anyway being the first of its kind. A good job isnt the only job
    You dont believe that lie. The movie had major success being more of an ensmeble/Star Wars formula and not "Blade" but with Black Panther instead. And it eats at your soul. Its ok to admit it.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 11-15-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I disagree. The problem isn't that Coogler should of handed the franchise over. The problem is with Disney immediately coming to Coogler whom just learned his friend died, and asking him what are they doing with T'Challa. Feige should of called and said "Hey, we heard the news, we are putting the sequel on a temporary hiatus, take time to grieve and we will be in contact in a few months" and actually let The crew breathe and take it in. Thinking about it, it makes obvious sense that so soon after learning about his passing Coogler would want to honor his friend and do so like this.

So no I don't blame Coogler, he was hurting the loss of his friend. Especially given the pandemic was in full swing too they should not of been trying to keep the original release date.
    Ezyo you been on one. Well said.

Almost seems like a setup with the we spoke to Coogler stuff. What do yall think he was going to feel. Since you were set on filming the movie next year anyway.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 11-15-2021 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Ramonda deadass asked Nakia first lol.

Right in front of Shuri.

Then Nakia went, "lets go ask the person who worships a completely different god."

Didn't even look Shuri's direction.

From a pure story telling perspective, I wouldn't want another coming of age "time to be a ruler because the prevoius one died" story hitting the same beats that we just got a movie for.
    You said that months ago. And it rings true even more now. Repeating the beats of the first movie automatically leads to "Sequel not as good/fans upset". As you said earlier the characters were set up so strong in the 1st one that they could just roll into T'Challa's next adventure/confident and established king, etc etc.

Now we gotta mourn someone
    Watch the mantle be earned
    Deal with a threat attacking Wakanda while its most vulnerable

Its just not as interesting. And even though most here would have preferred a more grounded continuation (Achebe) it still was going to be dope to T'Challa whoop Namor's ass. Now I can kinda cringe at the thought of anyone else doing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Hey we’re about to get a revival of 90’s X-Men produced by Marvel studios so an animated project set outside of the MCU is still possible. Let’s hope EMH gets revived, and of course a video game is a must.

And yeah Hunter would essentially be T’Challas Loki in a sense. It’s shocking he hasn’t been used more.
    I hope you’re right. Can’t shake the feeling the only reason the old X-Men show is getting revived is because they aren’t ready to debut the X-Men in the MCU yet.

I’ve been thinking a lot about Hunter lately on account of pondering where Ridley plans to go with the espionage storyline. Really do hope he’s back in play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post

I agree that Coogler got a bum deal having Marvel and Disney immediately pressure him to make BP2 even after Chadwick died because they want their billion dollar golden goose to lay an egg NOW. Still I wish he had pushed backs against them, demanded they delay or else he’d walk. I bet Feige would’ve folded. Still if he’s committed to no T’Challa without Chadwick at this point, I think he needs to hand the franchise over to someone else with all due respect.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I hope you’re right. Can’t shake the feeling the only reason the old X-Men show is getting revived is because they aren’t ready to debut the X-Men in the MCU yet.
    You might be right. I mean, I can understand thinking the new Marvel Studios animations look cool but other than the X-Men it just seems to be more MCU-oriented or MCU-derived stuff, just presumably not as cheap as they were under Jeph Loeb.

Original Marvel cartoons just don't seem to be in vogue right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You might be right. I mean, I can understand thinking the new Marvel Studios animations look cool but other than the X-Men it just seems to be more MCU-oriented or MCU-derived stuff, just presumably not as cheap as they were under Jeph Loeb.

Well, were getting a 2nd season of What If...?. I think that they're trying to consider what properties to do animated series with.

You don't want the animated shows conflicting with live action TV and movies.

I think they should do an animated Marvel Team-Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

That would really suck if true. I’ve made peace with Spectacular Spider-Man never coming back due to the age old enemy known as rights issues, but EMH seriously deserves a continuation. That and Wolverine and The X-Men. That show ended on a HUGE cliffhanger.

Until then the games are all we’ve got if you don’t want an MCU influenced adaptation such as the Spider-Man games. Heck not even the recent Guardians of the Galaxy game was a complete MCU clone as the characters there seemed to be perfect combinations of their film and comic counterparts.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, were getting a 2nd season of What If...?. I think that they're trying to consider what properties to do animated series with.

You don't want the animated shows conflicting with live action TV and movies.

I think they should do an animated Marvel Team-Up.
    Personally I don't think an original Avengers or Spider-Man cartoons that don't adhere 100% to the movies would be conflicting, but Marvel Studios seems 98% committed to just pumping out more MCU derived content or spinoffs of What If (like Marvel Zombies).
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    That would really suck if true. I’ve made peace with Spectacular Spider-Man never coming back due to the age old enemy known as rights issues, but EMH seriously deserves a continuation. That and Wolverine and The X-Men. That show ended on a HUGE cliffhanger.

Until then the games are all we’ve got if you don’t want an MCU influenced adaptation such as the Spider-Man games. Heck not even the recent Guardians of the Galaxy game was a complete MCU clone as the characters there seemed to be perfect combinations of their film and comic counterparts.
    Agreed.