Page 885 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 385785835875881882883884885886887888889895935985 ... LastLast
Results 13,261 to 13,275 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yep, I remember those convos, and I believe I was a part of them. Achebe for part 2, someone else for part 3 (not necessarily a resurrected Killmonger, though).

It was just a strong rumor at the time, complete with the mockup of the title "Black Panther: Two Kings" the second king referring to Namor. That...seems to be true, as the only thing IMO that has changed is they've split whatever T'challa was doing between Shuri and whoever this new character is. But at the time we were saying there SHOULD be a show to show more of Wakanda since its about to get lost in the shuffle introducing Namor/Atlantis. Post-death its a reality but I've never heard it said it was the plan "all along".

My problem was I always felt T'challa was only going to shine for 3 solo movies anyway before they got rid of him. I always felt that and these constant reminders about "no recast" and then doubling down with NEVER recast is hitting me a bit different because of that. CB's death only moved up T'challa's time in the MCU from 3 solo movies to 1.
    I personally would’ve been fine with 3 solo movies before passing the torch on to someone else. That’s plenty of time for audiences to experience the character plus a few team up movies. And it would’ve allowed T’Challa to have a complete character arc like Steve and Tony. Sadly his story is getting cut short unless Marvel pulls some multiverse shenanigans or (gulp) the T’Challa Jr rumors are true and they pull some Kang/time travel shenanigans to age the kid up to spare us a decade long wait to have someone named T’Challa in these damn movies going forward. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    had black men raping ppl in trees and made it seem like TChalla co-signed it.
    I have worse names for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I never call him chokes, but anyone who would willingly take the one hero who represents Black excellence and unapologetically black, and inserts damn near every racial stereotype about Africa and black people the west has and force them into T'Challas mythos has no respect from me. If your so jaded and full of self deprecating hate that you take someone like T'Challa and turn him into a sad shell of himself then you have no business being on the BP book and you won't get any love from me nor be invited to the BBQ
    This & This…

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I personally would’ve been fine with 3 solo movies before passing the torch on to someone else. That’s plenty of time for audiences to experience the character plus a few team up movies. And it would’ve allowed T’Challa to have a complete character arc like Steve and Tony. Sadly his story is getting cut short unless Marvel pulls some multiverse shenanigans or (gulp) the T’Challa Jr rumors are true and they pull some Kang/time travel shenanigans to age the kid up to spare us a decade long wait to have someone named T’Challa in these damn movies going forward. Lmao.
    The problem is T'Challa Jr's storyarc would be T'Challa Jr's, not T'Challa Sr's. And like I said in the other thread, a variant would count as a recast or else they would be saying they're doing that instead to the high heavens. Seems they would shut the f up about it altogether if it was going to be a surprise, too, or at last play coy about it. Instead we're getting constant reminders about no recast, like they're trying to get the audience used to the idea. When ironically they could use that same time to get audiences used to the idea of someone else playing T'Challa, variant or otherwise.

Tony and Steve: they got trilogies (Steve's is more an asterisk but ok), plus FOUR appearances in the Avengers movies, Tony in Spider-Man 1, cameo in Hulk, probably some others I'm missing. T'Challa CW, Avengers 3-4, BP. Four appearances. I guess its possible they would have seeded him in more movies like Tony, but, I'm skeptical, had CB lived I think it would have just been those four appearances + 2 (BP2 and BP3).

Remember how when BP was a MONSTER hit suddenly everyone was saying this that and the third character should appear in the sequel? Never heard it the other way around, BP/T'Challa should appear elsewhere. Fans/unfans (unfans = the ones that cared more about their own character getting momentum off the coattails of T'Challa than T'Challa himself) are one thing, but we never heard anything from the people at Marvel about the plans they had for T'Challa to pop up anywhere OTHER than his own movies at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    No they couldn't. Because they got a lot of stuff riding on this film. This is a tentpole movie for phase 4. It ain't like Black Widow where they could literslly drop that any time because it isnt affecting anything. They have a lot riding on this movie and thats without even getting into leaks. We already know there's a 2 tv shows riding on it, potentially a whole new villain/hero, possibly even more. Like if Chris Evans died before Winter Soldier. You can't just not release it, throws the whole thing out of wack

As for this decision, I saw it coming. Marvek is making a very distinct and clear statement here that the MCU version of these characters are tied inherently to their actors, at least the big ones. Not counting Stature. So that means if Ben Cumberbatch dies DS is done. If Brie dies Carol is done. So on. Not sure I agree with it but it is what it is.
    Dude BP may not even come out till 2023 Given the stuff with Letitia going on. It was already pushed back to Nov 2022 from summer so yeah, had they used the time since Chad's passing to find another actor to carry the baton they would likely be on a better position then they currently are now. Used the first 6 months to grieve then start recasting and launch the movie in Feb 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The problem is T'Challa Jr's storyarc would be T'Challa Jr's, not T'Challa Sr's. And like I said in the other thread, a variant would count as a recast or else they would be saying they're doing that instead to the high heavens. Seems they would shut the f up about it altogether if it was going to be a surprise, too, or at last play coy about it. Instead we're getting constant reminders about no recast, like they're trying to get the audience used to the idea. When ironically they could use that same time to get audiences used to the idea of someone else playing T'Challa, variant or otherwise.

Tony and Steve: they got trilogies (Steve's is more an asterisk but ok), plus FOUR appearances in the Avengers movies, Tony in Spider-Man 1, cameo in Hulk, probably some others I'm missing. T'Challa CW, Avengers 3-4, BP. Four appearances. I guess its possible they would have seeded him in more movies like Tony, but, I'm skeptical, had CB lived I think it would have just been those four appearances + 2 (BP2 and BP3).

Remember how when BP was a MONSTER hit suddenly everyone was saying this that and the third character should appear in the sequel? Never heard it the other way around, BP/T'Challa should appear elsewhere. Fans/unfans (unfans = the ones that cared more about their own character getting momentum off the coattails of T'Challa than T'Challa himself) are one thing, but we never heard anything from the people at Marvel about the plans they had for T'Challa to pop up anywhere OTHER than his own movies at the time.
    Yeah it would be Jrs arc. But if it happens and they age him up I won’t be surprised if they end up giving T’Challas stories to him as a half assed way of saying “see guys? We still have a T’Challa in the MCU!”

And ironically I think these constant reminders of no recast are just making things worse because the further removed we get from Boseman’s death, the more people are going to heal and be open to the idea of a recast. It would’ve been best if Nate Moore just simply said “we’re not recasting” and kept it at that like Feige did. But by saying that they’re NEVER recasting and even spilled the beans that it took mere minutes to make a major business decision just stirred up the Hornets nest. If this interview happened a year ago he would’ve been in the clear but saying that now is causing controversy now that they don’t have fresh grief to hide behind.

I really think this movie is gonna have a last Jedi effect and split the fandom.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

All 3 of those films are affecting nothing though. Widow was a flashback/prequel. Shang chi was a solo movie and half of it takes place in another dimension. Eternals was so unconnected you could almost forget it was an MCU flick.

They can follow up on Shang Chi or Eternals soon or not at all, it wouldn't affect anything. But that is not the case with this movie, this films events are clearly going to be a major role in the MCU going forward. Again think Winter Soldier, not Ant Man 1
    Nothing in BP2 was so imminent that the movie couldn't be delayed. What was happening in BP2 that was so impactful? Possible intro of Namor? Not really.

In fact the movie has already been pushed back/delayed for various reasons. Nothing in this movie was so imminent that it would have affected how Marvel Studios approached other projects.

They had to delay because of Chad's death.

Production delayed because of Letitia's injury.

Production delayed because Letitia not vaxxed.

Production delayed because Letitia can't get back into the country.

I don't see Marvel rushing to get this movie completed anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Yea I agree. I mean people can say what they want, but if Chris Evans would have died after Civil War I honestly don't see them recasting him. I just don't. Everyone can argue all day long but they would not have recast him for Infinity War.
    That's not the same at all, at that point z his full trilogy has been told, and he had featured in 2 Avengers movies. A better comparison would be he passed before Winter soldier started filming, and I can tell you I bet he would be Recast because he was important to the overall story and his franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I don't know if just pushing it back changes anything. Maybe. I dont think its as simple as that.
    Pushing the movie back gives everyone time to grieve and breathe.

They decided to push forward instead and look at where we are now.

Incredible Member

If they wanted the potential Tchalla Jr story line to make sense they should've pushed the film back another year..

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    If they wanted the potential Tchalla Jr story line to make sense they should've pushed the film back another year..
    Who knows? If Letitia keeps messing around it probably will get pushed back to 2023. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And ironically I think these constant reminders of no recast are just making things worse because the further removed we get from Boseman’s death, the more people are going to heal and be open to the idea of a recast.
    I thought I was going crazy. THANK YOU. WTF they act like the grieving process will begin whenever BP2 opens, not that its been happening the instant news of his death hit. They're grieving in real time, and moving into acceptance, if they aren't already there.

What they're essentially doing, whether they realize it or not, is saying to people we know whats best for you, you don't know what's best for you but we do. People tend to rebel with that sort of gaslighting...

It would’ve been best if Nate Moore just simply said “we’re not recasting” and kept it at that like Feige did. But by saying that they’re NEVER recasting and even spilled the beans that it took mere minutes to make a major business decision just stirred up the Hornets nest. If this interview happened a year ago he would’ve been in the clear but saying that now is causing controversy now that they don’t have fresh grief to hide behind.
    Agreed...

I really think this movie is gonna have a last Jedi effect and split the fandom.
    I swear I've rewrote that movie a million times in my head (and to a lesser extent TROS). Guess I'll be doing it here too. :/

Ultimate Member

No they couldn't. Because they got a lot of stuff riding on this film. This is a tentpole movie for phase 4. It ain't like Black Widow where they could literslly drop that any time because it isnt affecting anything. They have a lot riding on this movie and thats without even getting into leaks. We already know there's a 2 tv shows riding on it, potentially a whole new villain/hero, possibly even more. Like if Chris Evans died before Winter Soldier. You can't just not release it, throws the whole thing out of wack

As for this decision, I saw it coming. Marvek is making a very distinct and clear statement here that the MCU version of these characters are tied inherently to their actors, at least the big ones. Not counting Stature. So that means if Ben Cumberbatch dies DS is done. If Brie dies Carol is done. So on. Not sure I agree with it but it is what it is.
    The movie has already been delayed and is likely going to get delayed further because of the lead's shenanigans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The movie has already been delayed and is likely going to get delayed further because of the lead's shenanigans.
    So far it's just her.

We got folks being shown the door over not being vaccinated. Who are bigger names than him-Angela Bassett just lost one her co-stars over it.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So far it's just her.

We got folks being shown the door over not being vaccinated. Who are bigger names than him-Angela Bassett just lost one her co-stars over it.
    Yet Letitia is still around.. probably because they can't afford to lose both siblings. Hence why recasting T'Challa should of been the end goal

Mighty Member

Some kind of multiversal blip and boom.....recast both T'Challa and Shuri and the other characters don't even notice. Continue with the rest of the film.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.