Page 889 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 389789839879885886887888889890891892893899939989 ... LastLast
Results 13,321 to 13,335 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Imma be honest I think Boseman would be fine no matter what Coogler did. If he was as big a player in the making of the first movie as people are claiming then it’s a good chance he was also on the “World of Wakanda” wave. Let’s not forget he described T’Challa as the villain of BP1, he was all in on expanding the role of the supporting cast and giving MBJ the opportunity to really show out as Killmonger.

Boseman was not greedy AT ALL, because I imagine most lead actors would’ve demanded more screen time and focus overall in a blockbuster like BP. A good deal of that is probably because Boseman was extraordinarily talented and knew he wouldn’t get drowned out entirely by all the other stuff Coogler put in the movie. A lesser actor with a weaker presence and raw skill would’ve been completed swamped, because BP was much heavier on worldbuilding and supporting cast than most MCU solo movies (especially as an introductory film).

I feel Boseman trusted Coogler and the cast to move on in whatever way they felt fit. And that’s assuming he even thought about it to begin with. People tend to lose the fact these are real people even if they’re actors. If I’m in my final days I couldn’t give less of a **** what happens at my job lol. Boseman possibly was in the same mindset and not even considering what happened with his role after he passed. That could’ve been one of the last things on his mind, no matter how selfless he was through his life. He gave the world so much of himself through the years he would be more than justified in deciding it simply wasn’t his problem to worry about what happened after he died.

Flip side is... he wanted to do Star-Challa so much they were goign to do a season just for him.

I think he liked the character just fine.

and yeah if i'm dying... I ain't texting no one from work lol. y'all can figure out the passwords after im gone lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    But OHMSS is regarded as if not the best but one of the best Bond films of all time. Lazenby was offered a 7 picture deal after the release but he turned it down. In fact he was boasting that he wouldn't be returning before tge film was released because his manager at the time believed Bond was a dieing film series and wouldn't survive the 70s. Connery only came back on 2 conditions, that one of the producers, Harry Saltzman doesn't ever appear on set and that they pay his asking salary of $Million, which was the highest any actor in history had been paid at the time.
    OHMMS is one of my best despite Lazenby's acting being a bit weak IMO. I think we would have gotten used to him as time went and he probably would have gotten better over time but that wasn't the case, unfortunately.

The James Bond franchise/movies have faced all kinds of controversial issues including casting and yet, the studios still managed to prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    People cared that Carrie passed away but honestly where did Leia do anything in the movie that made you think that it couldn't have been done without her? A lot of stuff was added to the movie after her passing to honor her.

She was a much loved character that held her own in all three original trilogy movies. Carrie's death made the last movies more meaningful to longtime fans. But that doesn't mean she was a key player in the final. Look how easily they dumped Han.

Fans can be fanatic to the point of extreme behaviors and no amount of reasoning will convince them of anything otherwise. So I will decline your offer of visiting any SW fansite while I sit in my recliner eating my potato chips.

“Look at how easily they dumped Han”, in all fairness Harrison Ford wanted Han to be killed off since Return of the Jedi. Lmao. And even though they had a lot of spare footage of Fisher, I still think she would’ve played a bigger role in the film as Leia had she lived to film it. I think she would’ve ultimately been the one to bring Kylo back to the side of the good guys instead of ghost Han.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Imma be honest I think Boseman would be fine no matter what Coogler did. If he was as big a player in the making of the first movie as people are claiming then it’s a good chance he was also on the “World of Wakanda” wave. Let’s not forget he described T’Challa as the villain of BP1, he was all in on expanding the role of the supporting cast and giving MBJ the opportunity to really show out as Killmonger.

Boseman was not greedy AT ALL, because I imagine most lead actors would’ve demanded more screen time and focus overall in a blockbuster like BP. A good deal of that is probably because Boseman was extraordinarily talented and knew he wouldn’t get drowned out entirely by all the other stuff Coogler put in the movie. A lesser actor with a weaker presence and raw skill would’ve been completed swamped, because BP was much heavier on worldbuilding and supporting cast than most MCU solo movies (especially as an introductory film).

I feel Boseman trusted Coogler and the cast to move on in whatever way they felt fit. And that’s assuming he even thought about it to begin with. People tend to lose the fact these are real people even if they’re actors. If I’m in my final days I couldn’t give less of a **** what happens at my job lol. Boseman possibly was in the same mindset and not even considering what happened with his role after he passed. That could’ve been one of the last things on his mind, no matter how selfless he was through his life. He gave the world so much of himself through the years he would be more than justified in deciding it simply wasn’t his problem to worry about what happened after he died.
    Well you gotta be more complete. There is Boseman's reaction before the movie and then Boseman's reaction after its been edited.

I believe during the summer before the movie came out he said Killmonger wasnt the villain. It was Klaue who was actually the villain. The one who was clearly wrong. Remember they shot FOUR HOURS of footage. We dont know what got lost in Disney wanting them to keep the film at 2hrs and 14 mins. I know someone who said Coogler submitted a 2hr 45 min version earlier as well. So there's some things that got lost in the mix. You would think Marvel would release the 4 hour cut (maybe in episodes) one day since they are so strong on never using T'Challa again. They never believed Black Panther would make a billion which is why a story so deep got less runtime than Spider-Man Homecoming.

I do agree that Boseman was basically the "Jordan" role. He knew he could get his 30 points whenever, but he let everybody else eat for the good of the team.

I feel you on your last paragraph. Thats where my head was at a year ago. However, as we judge the man's life and not his final moments I really do believe he would want it to pass on it. There have been lots of interviews where he highlighted his unselfishness and wanted others to succeed. I believe he would want another actor to get a chance at succeeding in that role.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    They stitched together footage of her in the movie and had to write around the fact she died. Do you actually think that was all she would have done in that movie if she was alive? They were never going to recast her, to help fill in the scenes. Fans would have freaked. And even in those movie Leia was not the main focus. Imagine Rey died in between two and three. Do you actually think they would have recasted that character?
    Hell, they didn't even recast Grand Moff Tarkin. They used CGI. It's not like the couldn't find any other aged British Thespians. Ian mckellen is right there.

By that reasoning they would have recast Han Solo too. Lord knows the only reason he did TFA was so they could kill off his character. Recast him and get somebody who actually wanted to be in the movie. But the fans wouldn't have stood for that either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Hell, they didn't even recast Grand Moff Tarkin. They used CGI. It's not like the couldn't find any other aged British Thespians. Ian mckellen is right there.

By that reasoning they would have recast Han Solo too. Lord knows the only reason he did TFA was so they could kill off his character. Recast him and get somebody who actually wanted to be in the movie. But the fans wouldn't have stood for that either.
    Right. I mean they could have recasted Tarkin but they didn't. The thing is many people keep acting like this is some easy decision for Marvel. I mean I have read people say Leia shouldn't even been in the third movie just show her funeral. But I never read one Star Wars fan say they should have just recasted Leia and moved on.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 11-17-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Right. I mean they could have recasted Tarkin but they didn't. The thing is many people keep acting like this is some easy decision for Marvel. I mean I have read people say Leia shouldn't even been in the third movie just show her funeral. But I never read one Star Wars fan say they should have just recasted Leia and moved on.
    Tarkin was recast. It’s just that Guy Henry only agreed to do it if they CG’d Peter Cushings face over his, to which Cushings estate agreed to and was heavily involved with the process.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Black Panther Legends #2 out today
    Its for Young adults so consider that before being too critical

Black Panther Legends (2021-) #2: http://www.comixology.com/Black-Pant...l-comic/962514

But Star Wars isn't the story of Leah. Black panther is the story of TChalla.

This absolutely was an easy decision if they still wanted to try to push out the movie on time. They could have come out and announced that in order to honor Chadwick Boseman they were going to continue the story that he set out to bring to life and that they believe he would be proud of another young underappreciated black actor getting that opportunity to increase his stardom in the role. The Marvel drones who go out and see anything Marvel does would have agreed with them and that would be the main talking point that they repeat on social media.

Instead... they decided that they still needed to get the movie out and they would just kill off the character and and his story there along with any progress of the memory of Chadwick Boseman into the future through that role. They chose death and continued profit instead
    Last edited by Ekie; 11-17-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    But Star Wars isn't the story of Leah. Black panther is the story of TChalla
    . Sure but the last Trilogy was the story or Rey. If the actress who played Rey would have died between two and three do the recast her?

They stitched together footage of her in the movie and had to write around the fact she died. Do you actually think that was all she would have done in that movie if she was alive? They were never going to recast her, to help fill in the scenes. Fans would have freaked. And even in those movie Leia was not the main focus. Imagine Rey died in between two and three. Do you actually think they would have recasted that character?
    What more was she going to do?

. Sure but the last Trilogy was the story or Rey. If the actress who played Rey would have died between two and three do the recast her?
    Probably. If not they certainly don't continue to put out movies the year after without her

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    “Look at how easily they dumped Han”, in all fairness Harrison Ford wanted Han to be killed off since Return of the Jedi. Lmao. And even though they had a lot of spare footage of Fisher, I still think she would’ve played a bigger role in the film as Leia had she lived to film it. I think she would’ve ultimately been the one to bring Kylo back to the side of the good guys instead of ghost Han.
    It's possible. But they had a chance to redeem Kylo in TLJ but chose not to.

Rey was the redeemer not Leia. That's why they gave the impression of shipping them later on when before it was Rey and Finn.

This absolutely was an easy decision if they still wanted to try to push out the movie on time. They could have come out and announced that in order to honor Chadwick Boseman they were going to continue the story that he set out to bring to life and that they believe he would be proud of another young underappreciated black actor getting that opportunity to increase his stardom in the role. The Marvel drones who go out and see anything Marvel does would have agreed with them and that would be the main talking point that they repeat on social media.

Instead... they decided that they still needed to get the movie out and they would just kill off the character and and his story there along with any progress of the memory of Chadwick Boseman into the future through that role. They chose death and continued profit instead
    Nailed it.///////

Ultimate Member

This just covers everything.

It's not just an emotional decision from Marvel, it's hubris.

It's hubris in the sense that they feel that even without T'Challa the 1) Marvel logo 2) The "exotic appeal of Wakanda will sell a BP 2 to the "Marvel zombies".

There are young brothers like Yahya Abdul-Mateen II to Trevante Rhodes that have done something with the role.