Page 890 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 390790840880886887888889890891892893894900940990 ... LastLast
Results 13,336 to 13,350 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Probably. If not they certainly don't continue to put out movies the year after without her

I really doubt that but we can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This just covers everything.

It's not just an emotional decision from Marvel, it's hubris.

It's hubris in the sense that they feel that even without T'Challa the 1) Marvel logo 2) The "exotic appeal of Wakanda will sell a BP 2 to the "Marvel zombies".

There are young brothers like Yahya Abdul-Mateen II to Trevante Rhodes that have done something with the role.
    Or Sope Dirisu. But man it’s a shame DC seems to have Yahya on lock for the foreseeable future. He’s really seems like he’s going to blow up in popularity.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Or Sope Dirisu. But man it’s a shame DC seems to have Yahya on lock for the foreseeable future. He’s really seems like he’s going to blow up in popularity.
    The good thing is that there are plenty of talented actors waiting for that opportunity.

Aldis Hodge has been on my radar recently.

I was watching an interview of him and what I learned from that interview was that apart from being an actor, he's also an engineer and makes wrist watches for people which perfectly fits the character of T'Challa who is also a scientist and an engineer to some extent.

Don't know if that will ever happen but I can only hope it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post

I was watching an interview of him and what I learned from that interview was that apart from being an actor, he's also an engineer and makes wrist watches for people which perfectly fits the character of T'Challa who is also a scientist and an engineer to some extent.

Well damn, he sounds like he’d fit like a glove. Lol.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Black Panther Legends #2 out today
    Its for Young adults so consider that before being too critical

Black Panther Legends (2021-) #2: http://www.comixology.com/Black-Pant...l-comic/962514
    Here is my problem with the "its for young adults/kid" card...

What youngins wanna get a book called black panther and then see no black panther lol?

Why do we have to go back to kid pre-panther?

Yes, he did "honorable" things in this episode. Yes, he is a swell guy. And they are building his weird (for wakanda) world view.

But couldn't they have done the same damn thing starting with 25 year old king of Wakanda black panther T'challa lol?

Thsi book wasn't written badly and it didn't chump T'challa but the coolest person this issue was Storm lol.

At least Rise of T'challa show up and crack skulls lol. And they are hitting on the same beats as Rise (syan and hunter being shady).

I don't really like how they are portraying Hunter but maybe his motivation will be fleshed out more next issue
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-17-2021 at 01:44 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Thsi book wasn't written badly and it didn't chump T'challa but the coolest person this issue was Storm lol.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Right. I mean they could have recasted Tarkin but they didn't. The thing is many people keep acting like this is some easy decision for Marvel. I mean I have read people say Leia shouldn't even been in the third movie just show her funeral. But I never read one Star Wars fan say they should have just recasted Leia and moved on.
    I think comic book movie fans are more used to recasts because there are way more comic book movies through the years using multiple actors for the same characters.

Star wars had 3 movies, and huge ass gap, then three more moives, and another huge gap.

and the third wave of star wars just basically went, "hey old fans come back! remember this person!" It was pure nostalgia bait vs telling new stories. So of course they used tech and old actors and such. The whole thing centered on nostalgia. No matter how bad it looks (coughLukeinMandoloriancough)

I don't think it fits 1 to 1.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    LOL

i mean... if you take tchalla out of the suit, take away his powers, and give him a stick in the middle of nowhere in a young adult book..

the chick with weather powers is gonna be a bit more interesting lol. Not like they have time for a character deep dive

Astonishing Member

I think comic book movie fans are more used to recasts because there are way more comic book movies through the years using multiple actors for the same characters.

Star wars had 3 movies, and huge ass gap, then three more moives, and another huge gap.

and the third wave of star wars just basically went, "hey old fans come back! remember this person!" It was pure nostalgia bait vs telling new stories. So of course they used tech and old actors and such. The whole thing centered on nostalgia. No matter how bad it looks (coughLukeinMandoloriancough)

I don't think it fits 1 to 1.

I think you are correct. However I can't think of a comic book movie that recast a major character like this in the middle of an ongoing story. I mean Batman Forever was another batman movie. But it wasn't related to Batman Returns. The best I can think of is the recast of the Hulk. And it worked. But first off the Hulk didn't make a lot of money. And I don't think very many people tied Ed Norton to the Hulk. And they never did another Hulk solo. He comes back in Avengers 4 years later. Which is kind of an interesting point. If you do a recast maybe the actor should come back in something not his solo movie so people can get used to him?

Here is my problem with the "its for young adults/kid" card...

What youngins wanna get a book called black panther and then see no black panther lol?

Why do we have to go back to kid pre-panther?

Yes, he did "honorable" things in this episode. Yes, he is a swell guy. And they are building his weird (for wakanda) world view.

But couldn't they have done the same damn thing starting with 25 year old king of Wakanda black panther T'challa lol?

At least Rise of T'challa show up and crack skulls lol. And they are hitting on the same beats as Rise (syan and hunter being shady).

I don't really like how they are portraying Hunter but maybe his motivation will be fleshed out more next issue
    You notice how all of the new BP mini's coming out lately is either a re-telling of his origin or some teen T'Challa adventure?

Is it that hard to do a mini where we just get badass T'Challa(Marvel Knights)?

If only Marvel had gotten to him before DC. I don't think they're going to let him go.

If they haven't already, Marvel needs to snatch up some of these up and coming Black actors/actresses.

Just make sure they're vaccinated(Letitia!!!!!).

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Well damn, he sounds like he’d fit like a glove. Lol.
    I've warmed up on Aldis. However, I think you'd have to keep down a certain lane. Im not sure he can handle the emotion (especially coming off Boseman). I do think he could play the calculated T'Challa and very driven/angry T'Challa.

Sope has better range imo. However, either would still be good. Just gotta keep Aldis in his wheelhouse.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If only Marvel had gotten to him before DC. I don't think they're going to let him go.

If they haven't already, Marvel needs to snatch up some of these up and coming Black actors/actresses.

To be fair Marvel/DC is way more open to actors/directors working for both.

Henry Cavill is still trying to get DC to greenlight another Superman return, but also said he'd want to play Captain Britain as well.

Guy who plays Agent Woo is also going to be in the new Aquaman movie.

Keaton is still Vulture and returning as Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

I still think there’s a chance Hawkman could get killed off in Black Adam. Unfortunately it’s the version of him that reincarnates.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda