Page 891 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 391791841881887888889890891892893894895901941991 ... LastLast
Results 13,351 to 13,365 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    To be fair Marvel/DC is way more open to actors/directors working for both.

Henry Cavill is still trying to get DC to greenlight another Superman return, but also said he'd want to play Captain Britain as well.

Guy who plays Agent Woo is also going to be in the new Aquaman movie.

Keaton is still Vulture and returning as Batman.
    They might start playing hardball. I know Marvel recently changed how they handled contracts but they still may not be eager to see one of their rising stars in another superhero movie at the same time they're putting out movies. Hurts brand identity.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I still think there’s a chance Hawkman could get killed off in Black Adam. Unfortunately it’s the version of him that reincarnates.
    They'll need Hodges for that JSA movie that will come out someday.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Speaking of Black Panther, has anyone been reading Dark Ages? Thought it was pretty cool how Wakanda became the center of the new world established in the wake of all the power being shut down by the Unmaker, and as of the issue that just came out today . . . well, T'Challa didn't die or get maimed or severely injured or anything like that, so that was a plus. spoilers:
    Alas, poor Okoye . . . assuming she was the one whose neck got snapped by a Purple Man-controlled Quicksilver when he attacked everyone meeting up with T'Challa.
    end of spoilers
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of Black Panther, has anyone been reading Dark Ages? Thought it was pretty cool how Wakanda became the center of the new world established in the wake of all the power being shut down by the Unmaker, and as of the issue that just came out today . . . well, T'Challa didn't die or get maimed or severely injured or anything like that, so that was a plus. spoilers:
    Alas, poor Okoye . . . assuming she was the one whose neck got snapped by a Purple Man-controlled Quicksilver when he attacked everyone meeting up with T'Challa.
    end of spoilers
    I just can’t get over that habit man. It’s so beautiful. Oh and look who’s front and center for the Marvel voices cover.AFFC2605-DE84-4F1F-AF08-43D458098BE5.jpg
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

I'd love to see Night Thrasher appear in BP2. Not only could you spin off a New Warriors movie, you could have someone besides Killmonger represent the diaspora.

Ultimate Member

I still think there’s a chance Hawkman could get killed off in Black Adam. Unfortunately it’s the version of him that reincarnates.
    I'd be shocked if Black Adam pushed things that far, honestly

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Do you think there will be tons of hype for the BPWF trailer date?

New Spiderman trailer got me thinking about how they'll handle it.

The three biggest factors of hype for BPWF are really only how do they mention what happened to T'Challa, Namor and who wears the suit. And only two of those things really things do get hyped/constantly rewatch the trailer.

I almost think they gotta REALLY sell the Namor/Atlantis bit cause I just think (fear for them) that the BP/Wakanda stuff is just not going to hit as hard without T'Challa. Now they said they dont want to exploitative. However, we know they care about interest and hype. So its kinda hard for them not to make "how sad they are" a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Here is my problem with the "its for young adults/kid" card...

What youngins wanna get a book called black panther and then see no black panther lol?

Why do we have to go back to kid pre-panther?

Yes, he did "honorable" things in this episode. Yes, he is a swell guy. And they are building his weird (for wakanda) world view.

But couldn't they have done the same damn thing starting with 25 year old king of Wakanda black panther T'challa lol?

Thsi book wasn't written badly and it didn't chump T'challa but the coolest person this issue was Storm lol.

At least Rise of T'challa show up and crack skulls lol. And they are hitting on the same beats as Rise (syan and hunter being shady).

I don't really like how they are portraying Hunter but maybe his motivation will be fleshed out more next issue
    I'll rephrase then lol. Compared to everything else we have going on this book was tolerable

If the main plot is that the character is dead because the actor died then it’s exploitative no matter how much they preach about honoring Chadwick.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    end of spoilers
    Lol, what's funny is I have been reading it, and I can appreciate how they positioned T'Challa. My thing is can they punch up some dialog with a more substantial amount of weight to it. Furthermore I hope the payoff is we get to see T'Challa goes up against Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, what's funny is I have been reading it, and I can appreciate how they positioned T'Challa. My thing is can they punch up some dialog with a more substantial amount of weight to it. Furthermore I hope the payoff is we get to see T'Challa goes up against Apocalypse.
    That would be incredible. T’Challa is in need of another great feat.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I just can’t get over that habit man. It’s so beautiful. Oh and look who’s front and center for the Marvel voices cover.AFFC2605-DE84-4F1F-AF08-43D458098BE5.jpg
    It sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I'd love to see Night Thrasher appear in BP2. Not only could you spin off a New Warriors movie, you could have someone besides Killmonger represent the diaspora.

Night Thrasher would be cool to see again, too.

Yeah, T'Challa vs. Apocalypse would be an awesome confrontation if done well (and right).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Do you think there will be tons of hype for the BPWF trailer date?

New Spiderman trailer got me thinking about how they'll handle it.

The three biggest factors of hype for BPWF are really only how do they mention what happened to T'Challa, Namor and who wears the suit. And only two of those things really things do get hyped/constantly rewatch the trailer.

I almost think they gotta REALLY sell the Namor/Atlantis bit cause I just think (fear for them) that the BP/Wakanda stuff is just not going to hit as hard without T'Challa. Now they said they dont want to exploitative. However, we know they care about interest and hype. So its kinda hard for them not to make "how sad they are" a selling point.
    Unless, of couyrse, all the rumors are wrong, and Namor isn't in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    I'll rephrase then lol. Compared to everything else we have going on this book was tolerable
    I'll allow it lol

See if they follow through.

It seems like a decent number of events put T'challa in a position where he COULD get a chance to shine and instead it goes to someone else.

Secret Empire comes to mind.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If the main plot is that the character is dead because the actor died then it’s exploitative no matter how much they preach about honoring Chadwick.
    Thats a fair point. Going to be tough to spin if he's dead. Before I thought they'd use he was "lost". However, Nate Moore's comments seem to point towards death.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Unless, of couyrse, all the rumors are wrong, and Namor isn't in it.
    With everything going on (or missing) I kinda think they need Namor. Even if Shuri vs. him makes no sense. No T'Challa and no major attraction kinda makes it seem more Disney+ status.