Page 9 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I try to avoid the obvious. A cyberpunk US has been done.
    Fair enough. I can respect that, and I like your idea, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Another angle to play on this would be, WWIII break's out. Wakanda picks it's own side. Deciding not to support either side it help the nation's and people who are impacted by the war. There's not a clear good vs evil on either side which is why Wakanda takes a neutral stance. Which super powered people, magic, and everything in between.

The World is ravaged but Wakanda protects itself with it's advanced technology and staves off the collateral damage of war. The rest of the World essentially nuked and superpowered itself back into the stone age. Wakanda takes the center stage as the world's leading superpower (among others such as latveria, atlantis, etc) and starts sharing their resources and recreating the world with better technology than it ever had.

Enter 2099 and all the help Wakanda has done has created a problem. Before they were atleast a 50-100 years ahead of the rest of the world. Now? 5-10 years, and not everyone shares their values. How does the Black Panther of this time handle a world that is just about advanced as his nation and the rumblings of a possible WWIV?
    I used that idea but even that would be hard in a universe of reality warping entities, but it's a fun way to show that Wakandas non aggressive stance, and staying true to that but still seeing T'Challas vision through leads to their taking of the world stage. Maybe WWVI would be a little much, but the BP of 2099 starts to see that the technological advancements Wakanda shared aren't being used the way it should abd they start to see what happens when they give the advancements to a mindset that doesn't share the humanitarian mindset.
    Sounds like the proverbial law of unintended consequences, which would be an interesting twist to the story. Wakanda actively takes part in trying to better the world around it, and by 2099, Wakanda's generosity seems to have (unfortunately) backfired through unwittingly or unintentionally empowering malign individuals, groups, and/or other entities to wreak havoc and inflict harm on the world, forcing the Black Panther of that era to go out into the world and right these wrongs before an all-out world war begins.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

You guys do know Monica is a character in WandaVision, right?
    Who's Monica Rambeau and what's WandaVision? Is this on some kind of streaming service?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Who's Monica Rambeau and what's WandaVision? Is this on some kind of streaming service?
    Monica "She Of Many Codenames" Rambeau was Captain Marvel in the 1980s. She has light-generating powers (although that's underselling her).

WandaVision is an MCU streaming show out this month on Disney+ starring Wanda & The Vision

Who dares question the fan fiction of The Great and Powerful Flex Hectic...

If you can read this then you are taking me way too seriously!

Anyway...

So Shuri has her own seperate thread... I wonder which one will be more highly favored over the other one!

Note: Mark Hamill would make a great Black Panther with a little Photoshop CGI and Deepfake Blackface!

Baby Yoda: "Woooopeee..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M05snHbK_w
    Get Hectic!

Monica "She Of Many Codenames" Rambeau was Captain Marvel in the 1980s. She has light-generating powers (although that's underselling her).

WandaVision is an MCU streaming show out this month on Disney+ starring Wanda & The Vision
    Captain Marvel? Ha! Now I know you're pulling my leg. Captain Marvel was a Kree Warrior who wore Nega-bands and died of cancer.

Captain Marvel? Ha! Now I know you're pulling my leg. Captain Marvel was a Kree Warrior who wore Nega-bands and died of cancer.
    I think you mean this guy?

I think you mean this guy?

I think you have him confused with another Captain Marvel who now goes by the name of Shazam! There's a whole Marvel family!

No, this is the Marvel family.

Sheesh. next thing you'll be telling me that BP should be written by that guy who killed off Iron Fist in the '80s...
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-04-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah but the movie is coming out in 2023, more than 5 years will have passed since the last movie.

How do they plan on explaining why T'Challa isn't in the movie?
    Given the turnaround for these movies, a recasting announcement practically would have to have happened around now if they were going to make that 2023 date. The backlash would have been pretty soon after his death, to be honest.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Lolol well done. Im very curious as to what they are planning. I dont have any optomism.

Incredible Member

Nyakhomtsha!

Why do my eyes get leaky EVERYTIME I see this scene...

Happy New Year everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Lolol well done. Im very curious as to what they are planning. I dont have any optomism.
    I've become entirely cynical, so I just imagine the stupidest thing Marvel editorial could do, and assume they'll do something worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaw View Post
    Why do my eyes get leaky EVERYTIME I see this scene...
    It's a beautiful scene. Wakanda is one of the few fictional places I would gladly move to if I could.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yeah but the movie is coming out in 2023, more than 5 years will have passed since the last movie.

How do they plan on explaining why T'Challa isn't in the movie?
    to be fair the filming will occur well before 2023 and again I think coogler and Chadwick were really close. he may be the main reason why they won't recast.

they could easily say he is on a mission in space or investigating anomalies that may impact wakanda/earth in one of the mutlitverses. there are ways around it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Dude your reaching really hard here.

Again, if your a regular on this thread, you would know Flex makes parody posts all the time. It's what he does best and they are funny as hell. But everyone knows he isn't serious, dude has made his feelings clear as well. Through his parody posts he has dropped some serious ones that people needed at the time. So again the difference is that he isn't serious. Where as these other calls are.

Moving the goals posts. Yes, I know Flex's schtick that's not the problem he's simply playing too thew crowd because he knows they agree with him. It wasn't about the joke, it was about the intent. Whoever they pick will be Luke Skywalker, that's how much Marvel hates T'Challa. I bring up someone else for a replacement and told to get out for the thread, which is normalised by posts like this. You're agreeing with anyone who isn't on board with replacing T'Challa with any character in the BP films should shut up and leave. That they're not welcome in this small section of BP fandom. But making a joke post about Luke replacing T'Challa to demonise the next replacement? All good. What's funny is that I'm for recasting T'Challa but if you are compassionate about people who disagree with that sentiment - adios, you're not a "real" Black Panther fan. Whatever that means.

And if anything Shuri gets less respect as a successor for the MCU by people here because all people go off of is that she was BP in the comics while ignoring that MCU Shuri and comic **** are the same in Name only.
    Less respect than who? Nakia is a non-entity, Okoye gets some support kind of, and when M'Baku is either a non-entity or not the Black Panther, despite that conflicting with lore in the comics. I've had considerations, not too recently, that era all the Black Panthers except T'Challa as being legit. It's mind boggling. Except that is not an argument presented, that I would agree with, it's that she's a pretender. A fake Black Panther who doesn't deserve the mantle, the only character who does is T'Challa as if the mantle is T'Challa himself rather than Black Panther. T'Challa is the Black panther but not all Black Panthers are T'Challa.

In name only means nothing in the MCU, and I like both versions of the character. If Marvel wants her to be the next Black Panther she will be.

Abd Nakia in the MCU would be a more logical for in Terms of capability. Either way they should not be trying to replace the title character.
    Uh huh. So much so this is the first I'ver heard you say it, which is why I'm taking that with a mountain of salt. You'd prefer them put the movies on hold indefinitely rather than recast him?

Also Paul Walker passed away and they retired his character Brian I. The FF franchise. Difference again though is that it wasn't a comic with a 50+ publishing history.
    Except we don't know for a fact what Marvel's doing with T'Challa, all they've said is that they're not recasting. They could be doing this, but that's not treated like an an option they'd logically make, just assume the worst and pretend it is a fact. It's not like they recast Paul Walker and he was far less iconic than Boseman's T'Challa.

They didn't recast Brandon Lee was he died after The Crow, that created a trend of new characters being The Crow in each movie.

And no one here said that ANY black actor can take the role and it's fine. Your seriously putting words in the mouths of posters here to get mad about. What was said is that THERE ARE actors out there who could also play T'Challa too. No one will replace Chad. He will always be the OG and the trailblazer. But to completely shelve the character and remove a much needed positive Black role model is not the way to go.
    Boseman's legacy has been diminished with this argument or a while, making it sound as if he didn't make any impact - that recasting him is easy and there will be no backlash and that marvel not doing this makes them bad. I'm speaking truth, I don't need to make anything up for my arguments. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure these things out. No one will replace Chad but recasting Chad will be so easy, guys. Marvel's not doing it because they're evil. It's not compelling. I don't think you know how hard it is to recast actors, especially of Chad's calibre and every time it's bought up with example it's brushed off like nothing. Do you even know who Heath Ledger is? Which is fine, except the arguments and statements being presented are far from that being that humble.

But T'Challa's not the sole black lead in Marvel, War Machine, Iron Heart and Sam Wilson being Captain America are getting tv shows and they could replace T'Challa with a male successor.

They're not shelving because they evil they're shelving him because he died under tragic and unexpected circumstances, again it's not a Terrace Howard situation with him. That's a major decision to be made lightly.

Lots of us here were saying that the recast should happen after Disney delays the sequel so people have time to mourn.
    If that was all was happening I wouldn't care, it goes deeper than that. Some act like they're spies looking over Fiege's shoulder and/or know the future, when nobody knows what they're doing. All they know is T'Challa won't be coming back so bury the franchise to the ground. That's it.

And yes, it is all of a sudden. Because whenever black people are involved the rules ARE different. Guarantee you if RDJ Chris Evans, or Chris hemsworth passed away early they would not of retired the characters and kept going with the franchise without the title Character.
    Marvel wouldn't be recasting them within a week of them dying, and they definitely wouldn't be doing that with any of those stars. Especially RDJ and Evans. The most examples of being replaced are complete universe reboots, and that's not what's available to Marvel. You're right that black actors do get higher burdens but with this specific circumstance? No. The title is "Black Panther" not T'Challa. If they wanted to they could make Don Cheadle the next Iron Man, that'd be faithful to the comics because the title isn't "Tony Stark."

You want to talk about people being out of touch? Look at the people who were posting about how Disney should kill T'Challa on screen so they can pass the mantle to Shuri. Literally an hour after he passed and days following by websites. A recast does more to honor Chadwicks legacy then erasing him from his own franchise and pushing other characters as if anyone can just lead or without issue
    Someone bringing that option up doesn't mean they hate T'Challa it's an obvious option for Marvel to pursue if they want T'Challa unavailable in the MCUY with Boseman passing, and the details remain unknown and others have bought up him being a king that is offstage but that doesn't have the right punch to make the opposition look bad. That's all subjective, not fact you assume that just because you have an opinion that it is perfect and that Marvel are idiots whose only concern is tarnishing T'Challa's and Boseman's legacy by recasting him. Screw anyone else's feelings, they're evil and wrong simply because they disagree how to honour Boseman. Not too long ago a poster said in conversation with me that Marvel not recasting T'Challa was racist, don't act like this side of the fence hasn't been making waves. It's been embarrassing as a Black Panther fan at times, fandom need to get its sh** together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Given the turnaround for these movies, a recasting announcement practically would have to have happened around now if they were going to make that 2023 date. The backlash would have been pretty soon after his death, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    to be fair the filming will occur well before 2023 and again I think coogler and Chadwick were really close. he may be the main reason why they won't recast.

they could easily say he is on a mission in space or investigating anomalies that may impact wakanda/earth in one of the mutlitverses. there are ways around it.
    They could have pushed back the release date like they've done with so many other movies.

But, they did with they did so my argument is pretty much moot now.