Page 906 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 406806856896902903904905906907908909910916956 ... LastLast
Results 13,576 to 13,590 of 15079

You guys think the further removed we get from WWII, Azzuri might be changed to T’Challas great grandfather instead of his grandfather?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's actually a very good point. Stevil/HYDRA-Cap got as far as he did by exploiting the trust everybody instinctively placed in Steve Rogers, embodiment of everything good and right about America. There are obvious reasons why this strategy wouldn't have worked for an evil version of T'Challa secretly replacing our T'Challa, namely that many of the same people who would have unstintingly trusted Steve would already be prepared to believe the worst about a warrior-scientist-king of a secretive, traditionally isolationist African nation that was also the most technologically advanced nation in all the known world and thus have planned (or plotted) accordingly.
    That's the point though, everyone would low-key expect T'Challa o betray them, which is what T'Chevil would prey on. Written properly, he would make everyone paranoid as hell to where no one can trust anyone, they would all be paranoid as he rules from the shadows, taking and sharing secrets with different nations putting them on the brink of war, OR forcing the conflict, all while Wakanda"appears" to be the force of reason.

Then once conflict breaks he would unleash his plan, his "300 N'Yami motherships hidden around without anyone knowing" and ny the time anyone realized, it would be far too late, as he is 3 steps ahead of the world.

T'Chevil knowst Wakanda may be the most advanced nation and could take any nation or two in a fight and win ( We saw as much in TRO) but he knows that they can't just openly fight the entire world, I think black to the future would be a good blueprint too for how he would do it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    You guys think the further removed we get from WWII, Azzuri might be changed to T’Challas great grandfather instead of his grandfather?
    Yeah, it's what happened with T'Chaka

I mean, maybe, if anyone ever cared enough to tell another story in the past.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    At long last the days of T’Chumpa the Bland Panther are over.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

We disagree on Coates T'Challa and thats fine. My problem with Civil War T'Challa is that he was really carried by Boseman's performance. I think a lesser actor and people would have seen just how flatly written that character was. Just silly decision making and reckless. Again Boseman just carried it.

Astonishing Member

For at least the first issue lol. We got like 5 reviews and not one has said a thing about deconstruction, supporting characters being the real stars, or T’Challa being humbled. Interesting conflicts are set up (as they should be) but based off reviews this is a strong turn from Coates outside some of his retcons/worldbuilding carrying over. And even then the way T’Challa reacts to some of the changes is far more in line with how he’s traditionally depicted. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    For at least the first issue lol.
    LOL

yep... she looms... she's coming.

And then of course the tease for a "new defender of wakanda"

Might have to enjoy the small victory of issues 1 and 2 lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    LOL

I know it’s concerning. But for all we know, the new defender could actually be a villain that’s in on the agents being targeted. Not to mention Ridley could have T’Challa coming out on top regarding the mutants so I’m cautiously optimistic about this.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    LOL

We cross that bridge when we get there lol. Issue #200 is too far away for me to worry about mutants and legacies and if issues 1 and 2 are half decent that’ll only make me more confident Ridley’s putting T’Challa first unlike Coates. But if issue #200 is trash the book is getting dropped and I’m hoping for a cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

We disagree on Coates T'Challa and thats fine. My problem with Civil War T'Challa is that he was really carried by Boseman's performance. I think a lesser actor and people would have seen just how flatly written that character was. Just silly decision making and reckless. Again Boseman just carried it.
    On this we agree on. I'm not as wowed by CW T'Challa as others seem to be. He didn't feel like comic T'Challa until the end where he followed Tony and kept to the shadows at the Siberia hideout. I know some people compares him to Priest but I didn't see it until the end and Priest's own words CW T'Challa was too dumb compared to his. Does anyone here really believe that Priest/Redjack/Hudlin BP would have been fooled by paper thin evidence that was a low res screenshot?

I’d just make him an ancestor rather than try to set a specific “great” on him lol, you’d have to keep changing it as time keeps moving forward either way.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d just make him an ancestor rather than try to set a specific “great” on him lol, you’d have to keep changing it as time keeps moving forward either way.
    That's probably the best move. Don't make it specific or they'll have to keep adjusting.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's the point though, everyone would low-key expect T'Challa o betray them, which is what T'Chevil would prey on. Written properly, he would make everyone paranoid as hell to where no one can trust anyone, they would all be paranoid as he rules from the shadows, taking and sharing secrets with different nations putting them on the brink of war, OR forcing the conflict, all while Wakanda"appears" to be the force of reason.

Then once conflict breaks he would unleash his plan, his "300 N'Yami motherships hidden around without anyone knowing" and ny the time anyone realized, it would be far too late, as he is 3 steps ahead of the world.

T'Chevil knowst Wakanda may be the most advanced nation and could take any nation or two in a fight and win ( We saw as much in TRO) but he knows that they can't just openly fight the entire world, I think black to the future would be a good blueprint too for how he would do it
    That's actually a great idea, now that I understand it better. This would be an incredible story, but who would be able to do it the justice it deserves?
    The spider is always on the hunt.