Page 908 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 408808858898904905906907908909910911912918958 ... LastLast
Results 13,606 to 13,620 of 15079

I have to say ridley is off to a great start. Pleasantly surprised.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'mma be honest here, am really liking this T'Challa.

And also, the reviews were not lying about T'Challa's drip.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 11-24-2021 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Ribic’s faces be looking as funky as Stelfreeze’s, just look at Eternals lol. I think he’d do fine on covers but idk if he has the style I’d want for a BP story. Mike Mayhew’s got a real slick, detail-oriented style that I think works well for epic storytelling or something grittier and stealthy.
    The details on his faces is a sight to behold. They are extremely well done. T'Challa would benefit alot from his art

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I'mma be honest here, am really liking this T'Challa.

And also, the reviews were not lying about T'Challa's drip.
    Keep this energy going Mr. Ridley!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    With Rocafort apparently being part of comicsgate we probably won't ever see him do art for BP again. I nominate Esad Ribic, his art in Thor was phenomenal. I would love to see his artistic take on T'Challa and Wakanda. Sara Pichelli is another great artist and David Marquez.
    Those are all great choices. But something about the way Epting draws BP...he looks powerful and regal:

We already know that he can do great actions scenes:

He draws the best BP imo.

This was a great start. This is definitely giving me call backs to Priest's T'challa. This T'challa is King before Hero! Which only makes sense because we literally just had a whole run about T'challa finally embracing who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Those are all great choices. But something about the way Epting draws BP...he looks powerful and regal:

He draws the best BP imo.

I'm a deodato fan, which I think is polarizing.

And I am a huge Ribic fan but I understand the faces comment. Worth it though, just keep T'challa masked lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 11-24-2021 at 07:56 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Regarding Black Panther #1:

It's not bad.

It's just not for me.

I can't really point at exactly what about it is off-putting, but I think it's a combination of T'Challa's characterization, a "secret" that should have been expected, and some of the dialogue choices. I'm really not sure.

It's lightyears better than bloody Coates, tho.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

...And just like that all is right in my BP world.

"soak in sin" That's what I'm calling it from now on.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Great start. Can’t wait to see where it goes

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

And I am a huge Ribic fan but I understand the faces comment. Worth it though, just keep T'challa masked lol
    Only to Backhand Barry. He did not appreciate being portrayed in such an undignified manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Only to Backhand Barry. He did not appreciate being portrayed in such an undignified manner.
    I so badly want Barry canon.

Call him Bari or something with a wink and a nod and make him the villain Ridley!

IT WAS BARI ALL ALONG!

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    This was great. I'm kinda surprised Shuri would be astounded at this reveal. Pre-MCU she would've been in full support even if she had been left out the loop. So this is just Ridley projecting Western morality onto her despite the fact only a few arcs ago she was saying Wakandans should accept rape and death as long as Birnin Zana stands. It's weird but it works.

T'Challa needs someone to challenge him and the story works better if he's truly alone in his plots. Better an OG like Shuri than an OC self-insert like Changamire. If T'Challa gets too much support from friends and family it takes away from the obvious stress and arrogance Ridley's trying to convey in the character. This T'Challa is on a collision course with the rest of the MU (much like Hudlin's) and I suspect he's gonna be saying and doing things that alienate a lot of people who are traditionally in his corner.

But overall I liked this a lot. The reviews weren't BSing when they said this is a sharp turn from Coates. I like T'Challa's headstrong attitude and strategic acumen and it's tempered with an obvious love of his people that shows his softer side. That scene of him breaking down after hearing about his friend's death was consistent with the whole vibe Ridley's going for, which is a T'Challa supremely confident and effective but also feeling the pressures of leadership.

I think he's really gonna lean into the Priest-era concept of T'Challa's poker face being a cover for his own sadness and fears, which is a natural idea to return to as takes center stage in the superhero community. A part of me wishes we actually got to see this superspy friend of his prior to their death so we felt more of an emotional attachment. Ridley could have repurposed an old BP ally like Kantu to die because then there'd be a greater sense that this was someone T'Challa valued. Showing not telling and all that.

But this is a really strong debut outside some of the dialogue issues. But that's far easier to fix than some of the issues Coates had so I have faith Ridley will address that as time goes on. And it looks like the theory that T'Challa's going to Mars to save a mutant spy is bolstered by this issue.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

The artist for Doomwar was pretty good, despite the **** story lol

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    spoilers:
    This was great. I'm kinda surprised Shuri would be astounded at this reveal. Pre-MCU she would've been in full support even if she had been left out the loop. So this is just Ridley projecting Western morality onto her despite the fact only a few arcs ago she was saying Wakandans should accept rape and death as long as Birnin Zana stands. It's weird but it works.

T'Challa needs someone to challenge him and the story works better if he's truly alone in his plots. Better an OG like Shuri than an OC self-insert like Changamire. If T'Challa gets too much support from friends and family it takes away from the obvious stress and arrogance Ridley's trying to convey in the character. This T'Challa is on a collision course with the rest of the MU (much like Hudlin's) and I suspect he's gonna be saying and doing things that alienate a lot of people who are traditionally in his corner.

But overall I liked this a lot. The reviews weren't BSing when they said this is a sharp turn from Coates. I like T'Challa's headstrong attitude and strategic acumen and it's tempered with an obvious love of his people that shows his softer side. That scene of him breaking down after hearing about his friend's death was consistent with the whole vibe Ridley's going for, which is a T'Challa supremely confident and effective but also feeling the pressures of leadership.

I think he's really gonna lean into the Priest-era concept of T'Challa's poker face being a cover for his own sadness and fears, which is a natural idea to return to as takes center stage in the superhero community. A part of me wishes we actually got to see this superspy friend of his prior to their death so we felt more of an emotional attachment. Ridley could have repurposed an old BP ally like Kantu to die because then there'd be a greater sense that this was someone T'Challa valued. Showing not telling and all that.

But this is a really strong debut outside some of the dialogue issues. But that's far easier to fix than some of the issues Coates had so I have faith Ridley will address that as time goes on. And it looks like the theory that T'Challa's going to Mars to save a mutant spy is bolstered by this issue.
    end of spoilers
    I pretty much agree with all this.

The fact that...

spoilers:
    It is 10 wakandans that faked their death rules out Gentle though right? But I have no idea who that "rules in." It would have to be some OC.
    end of spoilers

I am not sure how I feel about

spoilers:
    recognizing the parliament lol. I was hoping it would just continued to be ignored just like Coates ended up doing. Continuity is good but... id rather leave it all behind.

So the parliament is 100% gonna outst T'challa aren't they? Hence the "new protector" of Wakanda?
    end of spoilers

Gonna be quite the reveal when

spoilers:
    we hear who the villain is. If this was something ONLY t'challa knew about... how were they found out? Telepaths? surely they have defense for it. Did T'challa text the wrong person one day lol?
    end of spoilers