Page 91 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191591 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Frankly, with COVID putting a stake in the heart of the cinemas, I'll be stunned if ANY movie, MCU or otherwise, makes even close to BP numbers.

I'm just amused by the idea that people are looking to the comics to save the character. If it were up to the publishing arm, BP probably wouldn't have been made... it was only after Feige gained independence from Perlmutter & co. that he was able to get the move greenlit.
    Streaming is the future for now and they have a better opportunity to mine stories from the comics than movies. So comics are still gong to be vital for the streaming platforms.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Frankly, with COVID putting a stake in the heart of the cinemas, I'll be stunned if ANY movie, MCU or otherwise, makes even close to BP numbers.

I'm just amused by the idea that people are looking to the comics to save the character. If it were up to the publishing arm, BP probably wouldn't have been made... it was only after Feige gained independence from Perlmutter & co. that he was able to get the move greenlit.
    I don’t think anyone here is looking for the comics to “save” the character as much as they just want the publishing arm to continue writing T’Challa competently and with some degree of reverence. As much as most of us complain about Coates’ run T’Challa has been written excellently in Avengers, got a great appearance in Empyre, and has had solid guest appearances in books like Conan. Marvel has writers who clearly have a handle on T’Challa’s voice and capabilities, the hope is that in lieu of T’Challa’s MCU presence, they keep up the momentum in the comics and finally put someone decent on the main book. It’s not about saving the character, it’s about the comics not shitting on and completely removing T’Challa so fans have something to look forward to. And then maybe in a few years when we get a new T’Challa that catalogue of stories can be adapted onto the big/small screen. It’s not like there’s any other Wakandan that has a history of keeping up sales anyway so the publishing arm might as well try to put their best foot forward with T’Challa.
    Last edited by chief12d; 02-07-2021 at 01:49 PM.

i've never been more excited for people to read one of my comics than I am for KiB.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I want to ask y'all a question, seriously.

What are people's thoughts on the martial arts and fight choreography in the BP film? Were you satisfied? Was it seriously lacking? Needed improvement? Good but could have been better? Awesome?
    Thw only parts I felt could of been better were the traffickers scene being brighter, and the initial mine fight being better rendered. Both of which weren't enough to really take away from the film though.

I felt that the sequel would of naturally improved the choreography and any complaint would of been addressed after seeing what worked and didn't from the first

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    i've never been more excited for people to read one of my comics than I am for KiB.
    I never been excited to read a comic as I am to read KIB. Well that and what you’re about to do with John Stewart.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I've never been more excited for a BP comic since Most Dangerous Man Alive.

And it's even better to hear a writer excited to write BP who will do him right.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t think anyone here is looking for the comics to “save” the character as much as they just want the publishing arm to continue writing T’Challa competently and with some degree of reverence. As much as most of us complain about Coates’ run T’Challa has been written excellently in Avengers, got a great appearance in Empyre, and has had solid guest appearances in books like Conan. Marvel has writers who clearly have a handle on T’Challa’s voice and capabilities, the hope is that in lieu of T’Challa’s MCU presence, they keep up the momentum in the comics and finally put someone decent on the main book. It’s not about saving the character, it’s about the comics not shitting on and completely removing T’Challa so fans have something to look forward to. And then maybe in a few years when we get a new T’Challa that catalogue of stories can be adapted onto the big/small screen. It’s not like there’s any other Wakandan that has a history of keeping up sales anyway so the publishing arm might as well try to put their best foot forward with T’Challa.
    The serial series is a great example of a legitimate issue following Coates take is that the series really grabbed hold of his poor treatment of T'Challa and ran with it. All the while making it so that Shuri was like her MCU counterpart but better and stripped away all of T'Challas characteristics and made him basically African Cap. But even then he still wasn't that great of a fighter and the whole "distracted," angle Coates played was heavily used. And outside Redjack no one else treated T'Challa how he actually is. It's a product of Coates and the MCU taking characteristics away and shitty weak T'Challa. And it's something that's without someone like Redjack as pointman, we may see a shift towards I. His solo outings if the wrong people are keep being chosen

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    I want to ask y'all a question, seriously.

What are people's thoughts on the martial arts and fight choreography in the BP film? Were you satisfied? Was it seriously lacking? Needed improvement? Good but could have been better? Awesome?
    On an MCU scale (aka ain't counting shit like The Raid or John Wick and stuff)

Choreography was above average, closer to the top than to the middle imo. . Peak MCU h2h fighting was Winter Soldier IMO, so that is the top of the scale. Even he Russos couldn't match that with CW or IW/EG.

The editing was off in some spots. Like the first waterfall fight, T'challa breaking out of M'baku's huge was chopped weird. Makes it unclear what was going on. Obviously the lighting in Nigeria and the CGI in general in the last fight needed work (and was improved in the home video, which ive seen more of and thus am using for my critique).

Where BP does excel even better than say, TWS, is the fact there are signature action moments in each of the important scenes. T'challa using quickness to grapple with m'baku and then tell him to tap out. Korea jumping from car to car, culminating in running across a biulding and cutting the car down. T'challa getting thrown off the waterfall. T'challa jumping the Border Tribe wall and slamming the ground and then taking out the jet. T'challa's finishing move killing Killmonger.

Those are all signature moments that are memorable. But, it doesn't have a "highway knife fight" that lasts for an extended period of time and has you fist pumping in awesomeness for example. Or even Cap storming the SHIELD ship and clearly taking them out one by one culminating and stomping Batroc.

The final fight should have been focused on T'challa/Killmonger alone. Not interspersed with what was going on vs the border tribe and what was goign on with Ross. That was a mistake IMO. I should have been more focused, and more intense. Two blood relatives fighting for the crown and for their version of Wakanda (and the world really). The Ross and Border Tribe stuff should have been settled before T'challa tackled Killmonger down the mine. I also think the tracks should ahve completely shut off the suits, so you can tell damage being taken easier.

So, IMO, more editing than anything.
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-07-2021 at 03:26 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This is the first time i've been anticipating something BP related since Infinity War ended I think.

Wasn't excited about BP related end game stuff becaus ehe was dead lol.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    On an MCU scale (aka ain't counting shit like The Raid or John Wick and stuff)

Choreography was above average, closer to the top than to the middle imo. . Peak MCU h2h fighting was Winter Soldier IMO, so that is the top of the scale. Even he Russos couldn't match that with CW or IW/EG.

The editing was off in some spots. Like the first waterfall fight, T'challa breaking out of M'baku's huge was chopped weird. Makes it unclear what was going on. Obviously the lighting in Nigeria and the CGI in general in the last fight needed work (and was improved in the home video, which ive seen more of and thus am using for my critique).

Where BP does excel even better than say, TWS, is the fact there are signature action moments in each of the important scenes. T'challa using quickness to grapple with m'baku and then tell him to tap out. Korea jumping from car to car, culminating in running across a biulding and cutting the car down. T'challa getting thrown off the waterfall. T'challa jumping the Border Tribe wall and slamming the ground and then taking out the jet. T'challa's finishing move killing Killmonger.

Those are all signature moments that are memorable. But, it doesn't have a "highway knife fight" that lasts for an extended period of time and has you fist pumping in awesomeness for example. Or even Cap storming the SHIELD ship and clearly taking them out one by one culminating and stomping Batroc.

The final fight should have been focused on T'challa/Killmonger alone. Not interspersed with what was going on vs the border tribe and what was goign on with Ross. That was a mistake IMO. I should have been more focused, and more intense. Two blood relatives fighting for the crown and for their version of Wakanda (and the world really). The Ross and Border Tribe stuff should have been settled before T'challa tackled Killmonger down the mine. I also think the tracks should ahve completely shut off the suits, so you can tell damage being taken easier.

So, IMO, more editing than anything.
    This is good, abd I agree. The final fight should of been more focused. I didn't care for what Ross was doing. The border vs Dora/ jabari and Ross stuff should of been done and over. Maybe the border tribe is surrendering, T'Challa knocks them away and sees Eriks still going for the kill on Shuri before T'Challa knocks him into the shaft. And yeah, the armor should of been disabled. But we did get some pretty good durability feats with it

Falcon and Winter Soldier looking very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Is that Zemo (Killer of the king of wakanda) running around and living his best life in another franchise while Tchalla is cast away and wakanda moves on to explore its rich culture?
    Wakanda in the MCU is a lost cause lol

Aaaanyhoooo like all mcu shows Im sure it will be entertaining.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-08-2021 at 01:30 AM.

In an alternative reality where Black panther has a point man protecting his brand that would be Zemos head.
    Last edited by Ekie; 02-08-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Looks good but no enthusiasm in seeing it

Spectacular Member

Ya'll don't want black stories. We have a lot of racist crying every time someone black is casted in a film or TV. and I don't see people say anything. You don't seem to want black stories just T'challa. I love T'challa, I would not be reading comics without him. He should be recast but he's not more important than Chadwick Boseman death or black people getting work. It's getting kind of sad. I don't know why you want to be like the racist that cry all day about females and non whites in Star Wars, but it's not a good look, they hate all non whites and most females.