Page 947 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 447847897937943944945946947948949950951957997 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 15079
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    For Black Panther, a war with Atlantis for the sequel Seems stupid. That's something you save for the 3rd movie to end with a bang, otherwise, where do you go after a big epic like that for the second? You can't do something smaller scale. You have to go bigger. That's why we said Achebe would be a good villain and tie him to someone who can be the muscle for T'Challa to put hands on. But at this point, i don't know what they are going to do and care very little without T'Challa.
    It should’ve been Achebe with some high power villain like Moses Magnum to keep things visually interesting. If they wanted to bring in Atlantis for the end of the trilogy just have Achebe steal the Serpent Crown and let Moses Magnum cause an earthquake that either destroys part of Atlantis or brings their civilization closer to the surface. That would’ve set up the final movie.

Or they could’ve had Namor be a background villain in BP2, supporting Achebe to destabilize Wakandan vibranium distributed across the globe to soften the surface world up for an invasion. Essentially taking advantage of T’Challa’s new policies and forcing him to be that darker more Priest-like figure from the comics. I don’t inherently have an issue with Namor in a BP movie, though I’d prefer a more in-house trilogy that uses original BP rogues and ties them into the fabric of the MCU (and by proxy the comics). If we can’t get that there should be a more ceremonious buildup to the introduction of one of Marvel’s oldest characters. Tbh he should be the villain/anti-hero of Fantastic Four film where he’d probably get used much better.
    Last edited by chief12d; 12-09-2021 at 11:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If this is true then the BP franchise truly can't catch a break. So much could've been avoided if they delayed and then recast. If Chadwick was still alive or if they recast, writing Shuri out would be easy compared to killing off the lead. But with no T'Challa Wakanda and everyone else can drown in Namor's flood.
    And going by Marvel’a track record they probably won’t recast Shuri either, it’s far more likely they go the Gina Carano route and just write the character out. Which is stupid but an entirely separate discussion.

So looks like we have a situation where BP loses its two most prominent leads from the source material. Can’t even say I feel bad tbh, just give Boseman a good send off and I’m good at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Maybe just a tiny bit more credible than We Got This Covered. But still

GIANT FREAKIN ROBOT
    @GFRobot
    Our trusted and proven inside source has told us Letitia Wright doesn’t want to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe because she is unwilling to get the vaccine.
    Click bait site. But if it’s true then let the whole thing burn at this point. This franchise was crippled the minute they decided to write out T’Challa and I’m telling you right now, it can’t survive if both Royal siblings are gone.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Remember when I said preferred Chiwetel Ejiofor for T'Challa before he was cast. (Obviously Boseman ended up being a perfect actor for the role as well).

Well if you're a fan of the actor or what he's done in the MCU so far.....welp...

spoilers:
    Supposedly he gets killed off 5 mins into Doctor Strange 2 when trying to track down Wanda
    end of spoilers
    I know the MCU isn't averse to wasting actors or making bad story decisions, but I don't think even they'd do something this dumb.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If this is true then the BP franchise truly can't catch a break. So much could've been avoided if they delayed and then recast. If Chadwick was still alive or if they recast, writing Shuri out would be easy compared to killing off the lead. But with no T'Challa Wakanda and everyone else can drown in Namor's flood.
    Yea chances are she never is in a position to get hurt to begin with.

Maybe just a tiny bit more credible than We Got This Covered. But still

GIANT FREAKIN ROBOT
    @GFRobot
    Our trusted and proven inside source has told us Letitia Wright doesn’t want to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe because she is unwilling to get the vaccine.
    I'm pretty much meh at this point. Ever since the whole no recast of T'Challa I've been slowly losing interest.

I wouldn't be shocked at this point if Coogler decides to leave and they reboot the entire franchise.

For Black Panther, a war with Atlantis for the sequel Seems stupid. That's something you save for the 3rd movie to end with a bang, otherwise, where do you go after a big epic like that for the second? You can't do something smaller scale. You have to go bigger. That's why we said Achebe would be a good villain and tie him to someone who can be the muscle for T'Challa to put hands on. But at this point, i don't know what they are going to do and care very little without T'Challa.
    A war with Atlantis is even worse with no T'Challa.

I think the issue is NWH, DS2:MoM, Ant Man 3(Kang) were setting the bar so high around BP2 that either Feige probably panicked in thinking it'd get lost in the shuffle. Probably feared it being too smale around all the multiverse and cosmic stuff.

It would have still have been fine though cause you see T'Challa vs Namor. Now they are making a small scale character (MCU Shuri) take on the load of making this an epic match.

Kevin Feige speaks to
    @totalfilm
    about the difficulty behind Black Panther Wakanda Forever!

"As difficult as it is narratively to figure out what to do, because it is a big hole, at no time did we think about launching again."

That's on Marvel though. They couldn't anticipate Chad dying but they definitely could have delayed the movie and recast.

Not only do you lose your star but the person you chose to take on such an important role can't get out of her own way. Even if they had recast and the actor they chose to replace Chad had frakked up like Letitia, it's easier to move on from that person.

They put their trust in Letitia and it's blowing up big time.

Kevin Feige speaks to
    @totalfilm

"As difficult as it is narratively to figure out what to do, because it is a big hole, at no time did we think about launching again."

They gotta be rethinking that whole thing now and they even have an out with the Multiverse.

Timing is key. Fiege won't say anything until he feels the time is right. So even if they had changed their minds and recast at the last minute, they won't say anything until the movie is closer to release date.

He only confirmed that DD would be played by Charlie Cox if he ever returns only a week away from NWH's release with DD heavily rumored to cameo in it while Fisk is rumored to show up in Hawkeye and maybe Echo.

Kevin Feige speaks to
    @totalfilm

Since this is official promo artwork I'm guessing M'Baku will have an increased role? Who knows maybe the rumor will turn out true and M'Baku will take up the mantle. I won't be surprised if they imitate real life and reveal T'Challa has had cancer and told no one.

Shuri is trending. I think its cause BlackSportsOline is using the GiantFreakingRobot report and it caught a lot of people's attention.

I bet its cause he lurked/lurks here. Cause that orginal tweet didnt get much traction.

Fair point by him tho.
    Robert Littal BSO
    @BSO
    Right, because I don't think she can even come to US for anything and with these variants (no pun intended) of the RONA coming, I don't see that changing any time soon. Hell I have to be vaccinated just to go movie screenings now
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-09-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Since this is official promo artwork I'm guessing M'Baku will have an increased role? Who knows maybe the rumor will turn out true and M'Baku will take up the mantle. I won't be surprised if they imitate real life and reveal T'Challa has had cancer and told no one.
    Now yall know how much I love the OG movie

(my bad to those for my prior post if it seemed like the film was above criticism. Wasnt my intent)

However, as much as I love them "fixing Man-Ape". It still wouldnt sit right with me with him taking the mantle or being such a hero. I liked how he just was a rival. I like that character still in the gray area then a full on hero (Plus him wearing the suit goes against...everything right? lol)

I still have a problem with IW having him and Okoye just so ok with allowing Vision and Avengers there. At least have some pushback and then have T'Challa win them over on the merits of what to do.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-09-2021 at 01:03 PM.