Page 959 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 459859909949955956957958959960961962963969 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,385 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Y'all Twitter's opinion was worthless when it supported Leticia, it's just as worthless supporting a recast of T'Challa lol. Coogler refuses to recast because he thinks Boseman owns the role of T'Challa. Feige is a glorified suit who has to get the movie out on time. It's nice to see the thousands of people supporting the continuation of T'Challa's story online but if it doesn't translate into a noticeable decrease in box office it's just more folks spewing opinions online and nothing coming out of it, like always when it comes to entertainment/pop culture.

Black Twitter is an abysmal metric of gauging support for any creative decision these companies make and I don't believe it played as much of a role in Coogler/Moore's choice as we believe. That being said, it does seem Leticia's antics are getting more folks comfortable with the idea of T'Challa getting recast, which should be interesting to see as the movie comes out. If the current online discussions are anything to go by, things will get crazy.

There's also a bunch of conflicting reports now because you have (extremely biased) sources saying Wright did nothing wrong on set and others saying she's holding up production. It's a mess and the movie has lost all worth outside honoring Boseman.

Back to the comics, I'm really having a hard time seeing how somebody found out about T'Challa's spy program. Hunter had nothing to do with that since he was most likely exiled before it was created. And if Shuri didn't know about it despite being queen then I have a hard time believing Achebe found out while he was king. I'm coming around to the idea it has to be one of the agents going rogue. Speaking of which, what nations were Jhai and Omolola placed in? They met up secretly in Chile but we don't know where they were located before. I wonder if that was intentional.
    Well, we know it's an inside job because the antagonists actually know who the agents are and where to find them. Whether it's a rogue agent or someone else that we haven's seen who T'Challa trusts, it's someone who is Wakandan.

I would like it to be S'Yan who would have probably the best motivation besides Hunter. If they wanted to hurt T'Challa/Wakanda, they could have just simply exposed the spies to the rest of the world. This would accomplish giving Wakanda a political nightmare to deal with.

But killing the spies makes it something personal. Someone really wants to hurt T'Challa and put him through a lot. It's got to be someone who knows where the secrets are, where the bodies are buried and how the King of Wakanda would operate. It's gotta be family, someone who was once king and someone who was a former BP.

S'Yan fits the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    what if they call the "kid" T'Challa lol
    It will be contrived as all hell. I’m more on board with the variant idea since I don’t have to wait 15 or 20 years for the guy to become BP. And it won’t significantly age the the other characters.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, we know it's an inside job because the antagonists actually know who the agents are and where to find them. Whether it's a rogue agent or someone else that we haven's seen who T'Challa trusts, it's someone who is Wakandan.

I would like it to be S'Yan who would have probably the best motivation besides Hunter. If they wanted to hurt T'Challa/Wakanda, they could have just simply exposed the spies to the rest of the world. This would accomplish giving Wakanda a political nightmare to deal with.

But killing the spies makes it something personal. Someone really wants to hurt T'Challa and put him through a lot. It's got to be someone who knows where the secrets are, where the bodies are buried and how the King of Wakanda would operate. It's gotta be family, someone who was once king and someone who was a former BP.

S'Yan fits the bill.
    Gonna be real interesting to see how they explain how S’yan survived doom war. Then again this is comics we’re talking about.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Gonna be real interesting to see how they explain how S’yan survived doom war. Then again this is comics we’re talking about.
    I would say years of taking the HSH has given him a low grade healing factor and that he was secretly experimenting with it on his own.

As for why he would try to betray T'Challa, he doesn't like that T'Challa has allowed Wakanda to become a democracy. He thinks that T'Challa has gone too far embracing the West and is turning his back on Wakandan tradition.

He thinks that he is a failed king and more importantly has failed the Black Panther clan and doesn't deserve to lead the clan or wear the habit anymore.

what if they call the "kid" T'Challa lol
    I don't want fake T'Challa. Hell I don't even want a variant but that is better than no T'Challa or someone who ain't actually T'Challa taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I don't want fake T'Challa. Hell I don't even want a variant but that is better than no T'Challa or someone who ain't actually T'Challa taking over.
    I think that's as good as we're goin to get. There will be another T'Challa, just not from this(the main) timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How many people who would see this movie would even pay enough attention to what is happening with Wright? And how many would care?
    Enough for Marvel to put out false PR statements about the actor's health and enough for them to rewrite the script again to change their ending

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

It will be contrived as all hell. I’m more on board with the variant idea since I don’t have to wait 15 or 20 years for the guy to become BP. And it won’t significantly age the the other characters.
    I think that's as good as we're goin to get. There will be another T'Challa, just not from this(the main) timeline.
    Black Panther Wakanda Forever ends with Nakia standing with Shuri and Ramonda smiling at the sunset with her baby boy in her hands.

*Post credit scene*

Nakia and Ramonda are off on a walk when a smouldering cloud appears. A dark figure with a cape begins to emerges from the darkness. This man isnt an enemy. He removes his helmet from his bald head to address the women.

IT IS T'CHALLA (Junior)

"Mother, grandmother, we must stop him. We must stop Kang."

Fade to Black
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-13-2021 at 01:05 PM.

If we do get a young T'Challa, M'Baku would make a great Zuri.

Yep. Sacred timeline T’Challa is toast. But a T’Challa >>>> No T’Challa.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Yep. Sacred timeline T’Challa is toast. But a T’Challa >>>> No T’Challa.
    Y'up. Get T'Challa in and we can build from there.

If we do get a young T'Challa, M'Baku would make a great Zuri.
    IMO they should've kept him around. His relationship with T'Challa wasn't developed enough and ended up being a waste of Forest Whitaker's talents.

Yep. Sacred timeline TÂ’Challa is toast. But a TÂ’Challa >>>> No TÂ’Challa.
    Sad that this is the case.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How many people who would see this movie would even pay enough attention to what is happening with Wright? And how many would care?
    We had folks READY to boycott that movie based on who Michael B Jordan was dating.

We had folks boycott John Ridley's Guerrilla mini series because of the skin color of his WIFE and the story NOT being about black women. And BRAGGED about being the reason it did so poorly.

John Boyega's Detroit same thing-it was not about black women and it had a white director. Boasted victory over it's poor box office performance.

We had folks ready to turn Star Wars The Force Awakens into bloodbaths over John Boyega.

Yes there are folks paying attention.

Because they are LOOKING for material to fit their agendas.

The more toxic this gets the better for some folks.

Black Panther Wakanda Forever ends with Nakia standing with Shuri and Ramonda smiling at the sunset with her baby boy in her hands.

*Post credit scene*

Nakia and Ramonda are off on a walk when a smouldering cloud appears. A dark figure with a cape begins to emerges from the darkness. This man isnt an enemy. He removes his helmet from his bald head to address the women.

IT IS T'CHALLA (Junior)

"Mother, grandmother, we must stop him. We must stop Kang."

Fade to Black
    Or "My Love, Mother, we must stop him. We must stop Kang"

No need to overcomplicate isht like everyone seems hellbent on doing

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Or "My Love, Mother, we must stop him. We must stop Kang"

No need to overcomplicate isht like everyone seems hellbent on doing
    I was just thinking about something, if a variant does come to the main timeline, maybe that’s what pushes Nakia to become Malice because she’ll be pissed that everyone in Wakanda accepts the new T’Challa (after going through an arc of earning their trust).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda